“Nice, but things go "bump"” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Childrens Musuem Package
Ranked #59 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“Nice, but things go "bump"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I had a great experience with this chain in Mich., and thought we would stay here for a quick getaway to Indy. The hotel is very nice. The bathroom was very spacious, but I did notice a few minor things weren't cleaned like they should have been. Like the soap dish and tissue box had some crud on there. It wasn't a deal breaker because it wasn't something I really used. The refrigerator and everything else was great. I will say, the thing I hate with most hotels is that their pillows are too soft. You need like three of them to feel comfortable, lol. Anyway, the staff was very nice and they provide continental breakfast.

Now, the one thing I would warn parents about is that the walls are pretty thing. Let's just say, my hubby and I heard things going "bump" in the night if you get my drift, lol. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

My husband and I checked in for just the night as we were attending a function at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. On arrival, the desk clerk was courteous and efficient. We enjoyed the cookies and bottled water in our room and muffins and coffee in the morning. The room was a spacious, queen suite, with a small kitchen. My husband enjoyed use of the free wi-fi.
The location, near I-465 but far enough from the noise of it, made it easy to get around.
My husband thought it was a great value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

We stayed in a 2-bdrm suite at the end of the hallway, which was a relatively spacious room. The full kitchen was on the smaller side with older appliances. Seems like the property could use some updating and "refreshing." Small pool available. They had some fruit, beverages, and snacks available for free in the lobby. It was a decent value but nothing that was particularly impressive.

• Liked — Spacious suite
  • Disliked — Damp and musty smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ft. Bragg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

Very clean property (recently updated). Very friendly staff and management. I've stayed at this property twice in 09/07 and have been satisfied with the quality of this property.

• Liked — very clean room
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

We booked a hotel on priceline not knowing where we would stay until after we paid. Indianapolis was our "destination" after 3 long days of car traveling.
We are seasoned travelers and usually really enjoy staying at Marriott's.
My husband called a couple of weeks in advance to make sure we would have some basics.... if the hotel didn't have them, we were going to lug them along. These included a playpen for our baby and some extra pillows for me (who was very pregnant), and making sure we would have double beds. (One for us, one for our 2 older kids). The person on the phone said that there would be no problems with our requests and we didn't need to reserve anything offically, however, my husband likes to cover all the bases. With things"reserved" we thought we were covered. Rolling in at 1AM we found that they had given our playpen to someone else- and in fact the two they had were being used even though we had one "reserved". Also it took an hour to get the extra pillows and my husband had to ask for bedding for the sofa sleeper. Not something one likes to do at 1AM after lugging up to your room. The staff was not particularly helpful or even nice.
Even though we had room for 4 (a bed and a queen sofa sleeper) the service in the kitchen area was only for 3 people. The bedding had been starched to be extra scratchy, and although it claimed to have a full kitchen (table too) There was a table, but only 1 chair. We ended up having to sleep our 1 yr old on the floor which made it hard at naptimes, and they said they could only spare a couple of pillows and one blanket. This was a convenient location, however there was a Hampton Inn for the same priace down the street. We will not be staying here again and do not recommed it for any traveler.

• Stayed October 2005
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2004

I decided to stay at this hotel during a convention in Indianapolis. The property is actually within the Park 100 industrial park about 200 yards from I-465 at 71st Street. There are at least five other hotels at this exit, and this one seems to be one of the older ones.

I would compare TownePlace Suites with Extended Stay America Suites, and ironically there is also one of those on the other side of the interstate. At least part of the clientele here are long-term corporate-directed blue-collar residents working with local urban redevelopment. So, one would expected hard drinking and swearing after hours. In reality, these people spend an hour on the phone with their families back home at night, and then they turn in early. In fact, if you're not careful, someone might corner you with photos of their grandchildren. A typical adventure here had me and another guest out looking for fresh-squeezed orange juice one night after 9pm.

Consequently, this is one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. You can't even hear a TV while walking in the hallways. Occasionally overnight guests stray in from the nearby interstate. They're quiet too.

There is evidence that there was once a termite problem in the 'A' building, but that's gone now. Some other places could use new coats of paint, but no one seems to mind.

This property is clean and basic. What more do you need?

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100? Share your experiences!