“TownePlace Suites wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Childrens Musuem Package
Ranked #59 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
ogden dunes indiana
“TownePlace Suites wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here when I was an artist at the Penrod Arts Fair. The staff was so wonderful and kind. They make you feel right at home. The property very comfortable and a great value for the money. They have cookies for you when you check in and they call to make sure you are satisfied. It is very clean as well and they bend over backwards to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor. The room above us had a water problem that in the past had caus...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are getting a complete rennovation in the beginning of 2013 so please come back and try our new beds and I know you will enjoy them. Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mason Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Traveling with family, two rooms amenities like home, stove, refrigerator, microwave even a dishwasher! Really liked because we were not stuck under each other. Front desk staff very nice, got lost, greeted me by name, all friendly. HOWEVER, cable channels sucked. I saw a hotel nearby with 100 channels, this hotel probably didn't get the same deal! TVs were a big dark, fuzzy. Beds entirely too soft! Tosses and turned all night, no sleep at all. Called front desk during the night to see if they had different beds, I have one more night to go. Would recommend for a family, plenty of room, but Goldlilocks would have skipped this bed!! Oh yeah, new furniture would be cool.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms are spacious, good for family
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Erin M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. When you are traveling to the Indianpolis area again please keep us in mind. Thank you!
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here during Moto GP weekend at Indy Speedway. Great location for going to the speedway- very easy to get to. The hotel was a little better than average for a long term stay hotel. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice lobby, and it seems as if some things have been recently renovated- the couch and chair in our room seemed brand new, linens and towels were newer.

Here are the reasons for my rating it just average: Bathroom could be improved as it was showing wear, cigarette burns on the fiberglass tub, tub drained slowly. One of the lamps was broken and the shade was missing the bolt that held it on. Minor issues and over all the room was clean and everything in good working order. Housekeeping only left two towels after taking the three that were used. Not sure why they didn't return three. And the towels were different, like they ran out of the regular ones and had to go buy some at the local store. Not big deal, just bizarre. They also left two used glasses without cleaning or replacing them, and did not clean up trash left on the bathroom sink (boxes for soap).

Nothing major that impacted our stay, but more attention to detail would improve this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and we truly appreciate you selecting our hotel! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for any of your future travel dates! We look forward to you staying with us agian.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two months for a business trip. Overall, it did what it was supposed to. The desk staff is really nice in helping to accommodate you and they even let you use the PIKE YMCA for free! The cleaning is the main fall of the place for there is not a lot of consistency....ie some make the beds, some don't, some give 3 towels, some give 1. etc.

Our fridge leaked and they came to fix it right away, and our air broke and it's still not fixed (months)

If I had to, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feed back. I am glad you enjoyed using the YMCA while you stayed with us. Your comments are valuable and I appreciate the time you took to rate the hotel. If you are in Indianapolis area again we would love to see you again! Take care
Bangor ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Most of the Towne Place Suites are pretty much the same, and, for the most part, so was this one. However, the room seemed a little nicer and the computer system was more accessible. It was mildly disconcerting that the desk help did not seem to know much about how to get to places in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay! It is our goal to make your stay a wonderful experience. Please let me know if you are in the Indianapolis area again. We would love for you to choose us again.
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked this room online in early March 2012 so I could attend the Indy 500 for the weekend. The rate was lower, but with the hitch that I had to pay up front. The savings was good enough, and I usually stay at Marriott hotels, so I went ahead and provided by credit card information to process the charge.

We arrived late in the evening on a Thursday, greeted by a very friendly front desk representative. The service was great! We got right into out room. All was in place as expected. the stay was enjoyable, with the basic comforts as you would expect. The hotel is a bit dated, but not run down.

My issue came at checkout. Even though I had my online receipt showing I approved the charge back in March (it's now May), I was told that this must have fallen through the cracks, as the charge did not get processed at the actual hotel location. To keep this short, it turns out that the online form to reserve the room sends the information to the local hotel front desk, who in turn is expected to manually process the charge. Needless to say, I had to pay for the room, but was not pleased at the false expectation. Either Marriott needs to change their e-commerce automation, or make it bit more clear as to the process when customer reserve rooms online. Next time, I will just call the local hotel at book the room live.

Room Tip: Make sure your room in NOT next to the stairs to avoid foot traffic noise!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your room . I do aplogize there was an issue with your billing. I have looked into this procedure to ensure this does not happen again for future special evnets. Payment proccess are a little different during special event times and I apoligze your where not explained properly the prodedures. We do appreicate you choosing to stay with us and your loyalty to Marriott.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I wanted to share with everyone the wonderful experience I had staying at this hotel! First when we arrived the staff was there to assist me right away! The front desk staff was so friendly, organized, and it was an easy checkin. The front desk staff was kind and very gracious. The hotel itself was so clean and nicely decorated. It felt very much like home and was comfortable to be in. After checkin we went right up to our room and were right away satisfied with the cleanliness of everything. We needed a couple extra towels and blankets so we called housekeeping and the staff brought them up in just a matter of a couple minutes, once again with a smile on her face. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept very well. No noise coming from the halls or the rooms next to us. My family would stay here again with no problem! In the morning we ran into the manager of this hotel and she was so kind and caring. She asked several of us how our stay was and if she could get us anything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the surrounding area!! Thanks Towneplace Suites of Indy!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! Our staff strives to offer the best service possible. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope to see you back very soon.

Been to TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100? Share your experiences!