“Great family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ohio, United States
“Great family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful property. Breakfast was ok (fairly high priced for what it is, but it was much better than fast food etc!). They seemed a bit understaffed, and I was very disappointed to find they did not have any allergy friendly options really, and especially to not have any dairy free milk alternatives for the Starbuck's Espresso drinks. Other Courtyards have offered soy at least. Overall, great rooms, awesome housekeeping staff (friendly AND they do a great job), mostly pleasant front desk/food area staff. I brought my toddler and we had a suite and it worked out perfectly, and the location was perfect for as we have friends in Southport, and visited the zoo and museum while we were in town as well (maybe 20 min to each or so).

We will stay here again on future visits I'm sure!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a balcony and it was perfect placement. No noise, lots of privacy, great s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Arrived last night for a business trip, (going to be spending quite a bit of time in Indianapolis!), and was greated by Terril. She was lovely, even finding me the perfect room, away from the chaos of "tweens" here with their parents for a soccer tournament. This morning I was greated by Lacy in the Bistro and Tori at the front desk.... so nice to feel welcome. There is nothing like a smile and a hot cup of Starbuck's coffee at 6 AM. Planning on returning again several times over the next few months. The hotel is clean and inviting and there's great food at the bistro. I love Marriott, this one is now at the top of my list.

Room Tip: I've got a lovely little balcony, I highly recommend one if available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Chris F

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and recognizing the hospitality of our Courtyard Service Experts! I'm happy to hear that we exceeded your stay expectations. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to be your lodging partner. We look forward to serving you again on future trips to Indianapolis.

Warmest Regards,
Scott McKay
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here during the Sweet 16 in Indianapolis. The front desk staff was very welcoming and arranged a cab for us to get downtown as soon as we arrived. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing special, but the quality you would expect from a Marriot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rooms are clean. That's about a good as it gets. The staff are nice enough. This facility is grossly understaffed. I arrived on Sunday afternoon and hoped to get service at the food area/bar. This area is advertised to be open at 5:00 pm. At 5:20 it was dark with no one around. I took my business across the parking lot to another place. While there I witnessed a dispute over a hotel rate between the desk and some travelers. This one incident shut down the lobby. As I said.......the people are nice, there are just too few of them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was pleased with the location and our room at this facility. Check in went well and we got settled in with no problems. Later that afternoon we discovered we had only one coffee in the room so we decided to go to the lobby for a coup of coffee. When we asked where the courtesy coffee center was we were told that they did not have one. We were further advised that they had gone with the Starbucks line and under contract they could not furnish coffee as it would be considered competition.
It seems to me that the patrons are whom should be considered in this type of decision. Marriott has taken sides with Profit over Patrons and I do not like this attitude.
We stayed there for three nights and at no time did the personnel ever leave over one decaf and one regular coffee in our room and then only two cups to prepare them in. This is not what you expect for a $100 room, Not from Marriott. There were three of us in our room.
A storm was coming in on Sunday so we had changed our daughters flight to a earlier one and I took her to the Airport. My wife stayed and packed up our stuff so that we could hit the road prior to the storm hitting.
When I returned I noticed a small silver box on the night stand but figured she was putting it into her purse. She forgot and left it in the room and we drove back to Florida.
I emailed Marriott and told them that we had left the box and possibly an earring that was white gold with diamonds running down the center. I was advised that these items were not in the room and turned in by their employees. We know for a fact the box was on the table, that it had an expensive pair of tweezers int.
I was advised that their employees would not have kept such an item. I advised the manager that he had better start keeping a closer eye on his employees as I know for a fact the box was left on the night stand.
Also in this stay there were a group of people on the floor above us that kept running and banging on the floor and this made our stay a bit more stressful. I believe they were some soccer players, or from he sound maybe basketball players.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

As a valued customer, I apologize that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, friendly stay. I agree that we should have done a better job in anticipating your needs in supplying your room with additional coffee. I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping staff to further improve our service in this area and I thank you for taking the time to bring it to my attention.

In regards to your Lost and Found claim, it is unfortunate that you were unable to locate the item that you reported was left behind, but as I indicated in my response to you after you reported it, the Housekeeping Staff did not turn in anything from that room and an additional search by management did not locate it either. I can understand your frustration, but I again want to strongly assure you we reguarly mail out guest property that was left behind on a weekly basis and that our room attendants are all seasoned professionals with many years of service at the hotel and there has never been a prior incident of any kind.

I appreciate you being our guest and once again apologize for the negative stay experience. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Kind regards
Scott McKay, General Manager
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

After looking for hotels in the area, out of downtown but only 7 – 10 ’ away by car I ended booking a room at Courtyard by Marriot Indi. South. Since I didn’t have time, after booking a read a review that wasn’t very encouraging…Big surprise: Hotel was just perfect in every aspect starting from the clean and new looking rooms to the grate staff service and price . 5 Star rating for this Hotel, my compliments!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hanover Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My stay at this property went way above my expectations the staff including front desk / houeskeeping / and bistro were all freindly and curtious. The food and service was top notch at the bistro. My room was clean and comfortable The swimming pool and hot tub were wonderfull and clean.The surrounding area has many places to eat and drink all with in walking distance of the hotel.The hotel was under renovation during my stay and you could hardly tell the construction company kept all areas neat and clean as to not disrupt mine and other guest stay hats off to management you have a first class team working for you. Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!