“Forgotten Customer” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Pensacola, FL
“Forgotten Customer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was pleased with the location and our room at this facility. Check in went well and we got settled in with no problems. Later that afternoon we discovered we had only one coffee in the room so we decided to go to the lobby for a coup of coffee. When we asked where the courtesy coffee center was we were told that they did not have one. We were further advised that they had gone with the Starbucks line and under contract they could not furnish coffee as it would be considered competition.
It seems to me that the patrons are whom should be considered in this type of decision. Marriott has taken sides with Profit over Patrons and I do not like this attitude.
We stayed there for three nights and at no time did the personnel ever leave over one decaf and one regular coffee in our room and then only two cups to prepare them in. This is not what you expect for a $100 room, Not from Marriott. There were three of us in our room.
A storm was coming in on Sunday so we had changed our daughters flight to a earlier one and I took her to the Airport. My wife stayed and packed up our stuff so that we could hit the road prior to the storm hitting.
When I returned I noticed a small silver box on the night stand but figured she was putting it into her purse. She forgot and left it in the room and we drove back to Florida.
I emailed Marriott and told them that we had left the box and possibly an earring that was white gold with diamonds running down the center. I was advised that these items were not in the room and turned in by their employees. We know for a fact the box was on the table, that it had an expensive pair of tweezers int.
I was advised that their employees would not have kept such an item. I advised the manager that he had better start keeping a closer eye on his employees as I know for a fact the box was left on the night stand.
Also in this stay there were a group of people on the floor above us that kept running and banging on the floor and this made our stay a bit more stressful. I believe they were some soccer players, or from he sound maybe basketball players.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

As a valued customer, I apologize that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, friendly stay. I agree that we should have done a better job in anticipating your needs in supplying your room with additional coffee. I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping staff to further improve our service in this area and I thank you for taking the time to bring it to my attention.

In regards to your Lost and Found claim, it is unfortunate that you were unable to locate the item that you reported was left behind, but as I indicated in my response to you after you reported it, the Housekeeping Staff did not turn in anything from that room and an additional search by management did not locate it either. I can understand your frustration, but I again want to strongly assure you we reguarly mail out guest property that was left behind on a weekly basis and that our room attendants are all seasoned professionals with many years of service at the hotel and there has never been a prior incident of any kind.

I appreciate you being our guest and once again apologize for the negative stay experience. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Kind regards
Scott McKay, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

After looking for hotels in the area, out of downtown but only 7 – 10 ’ away by car I ended booking a room at Courtyard by Marriot Indi. South. Since I didn’t have time, after booking a read a review that wasn’t very encouraging…Big surprise: Hotel was just perfect in every aspect starting from the clean and new looking rooms to the grate staff service and price . 5 Star rating for this Hotel, my compliments!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hanover Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My stay at this property went way above my expectations the staff including front desk / houeskeeping / and bistro were all freindly and curtious. The food and service was top notch at the bistro. My room was clean and comfortable The swimming pool and hot tub were wonderfull and clean.The surrounding area has many places to eat and drink all with in walking distance of the hotel.The hotel was under renovation during my stay and you could hardly tell the construction company kept all areas neat and clean as to not disrupt mine and other guest stay hats off to management you have a first class team working for you. Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Decatur, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to visiting a client in Columbus and wanted to be close to Indy. Location was good for that purpose, and there were a few nice places to each close to the hotel, but the hotel was not the quality of courtyards that I usually stay in. I am a Marriott Gold status member and usually the quality is fairly close,,, this was disapointing. very small bathrooms, skimpy amedities,,, overall condition of room. Even though the ceilings were hi, I could hear all the "festivities" very clearly from the room above me.

I only give a poor rather than terrible as the resturants around were in walking distance and a nice plus.

Disapointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and had a patio,,, if in the summer, could be a nice plus.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Our goal is to always provide the best stay expereince we can to our vauled guests and I sincerely regret your guest room for this stay failed to meet your expectations. However, I am pleased to let you know that our full guestroom renovation started back in November and our new rooms are receving excellent reviews from guests. The renovation will be completed in January, and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to serve you on a future visit to the Indianapolis. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays
Scott McKay
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my business trip to Indianapolis and Richmond IN I stayed at this hotel. I can't put it in words how great the rooms are and the professionalism of the staff. Food and Drinks were great, everything is in walking distance which is a plus, neighborhood is family friendly. The fitness room is spacious and will accommodate your needs, pool was clean and always ready to use (however I did not need to use it), Internet was fast and reliable, common area is large and entertaining.

I can't thank the staff enough for everything they do to keep this a top notch hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Temperance, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Overall what I have come to expect from Marriott, good quality, clean, comfortable accommodations. Easy access to I65, lobby has had the latest upgrades. Rooms are somewhat dated, but very clean. There was a note on my desk that said the rooms will undergo renovations in a few weeks. I visited the pool / spa area. My room key would not open the pool area, had it re programed and still did not work, the manager had to open it. Not a huge deal. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean. I did use the spa, it was clean and appeared to be about the correct temperature, but the timer did not work? Reported it to the front desk. Many good restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

2 nights for business at a local healthcare organization, and this was the cat's meow. Met all my Courtyard expectations, but the location and access to everything was the best. There are restaurants to walk to and shopping a short drive. Being right off I 65 made it easy to come and go to the airport. The staff was friendly, the room as always a nice 'home away from home'.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!