“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hanover Park, Illinois
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My stay at this property went way above my expectations the staff including front desk / houeskeeping / and bistro were all freindly and curtious. The food and service was top notch at the bistro. My room was clean and comfortable The swimming pool and hot tub were wonderfull and clean.The surrounding area has many places to eat and drink all with in walking distance of the hotel.The hotel was under renovation during my stay and you could hardly tell the construction company kept all areas neat and clean as to not disrupt mine and other guest stay hats off to management you have a first class team working for you. Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Decatur, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to visiting a client in Columbus and wanted to be close to Indy. Location was good for that purpose, and there were a few nice places to each close to the hotel, but the hotel was not the quality of courtyards that I usually stay in. I am a Marriott Gold status member and usually the quality is fairly close,,, this was disapointing. very small bathrooms, skimpy amedities,,, overall condition of room. Even though the ceilings were hi, I could hear all the "festivities" very clearly from the room above me.

I only give a poor rather than terrible as the resturants around were in walking distance and a nice plus.

Disapointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and had a patio,,, if in the summer, could be a nice plus.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Our goal is to always provide the best stay expereince we can to our vauled guests and I sincerely regret your guest room for this stay failed to meet your expectations. However, I am pleased to let you know that our full guestroom renovation started back in November and our new rooms are receving excellent reviews from guests. The renovation will be completed in January, and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to serve you on a future visit to the Indianapolis. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays
Scott McKay
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my business trip to Indianapolis and Richmond IN I stayed at this hotel. I can't put it in words how great the rooms are and the professionalism of the staff. Food and Drinks were great, everything is in walking distance which is a plus, neighborhood is family friendly. The fitness room is spacious and will accommodate your needs, pool was clean and always ready to use (however I did not need to use it), Internet was fast and reliable, common area is large and entertaining.

I can't thank the staff enough for everything they do to keep this a top notch hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Temperance, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Overall what I have come to expect from Marriott, good quality, clean, comfortable accommodations. Easy access to I65, lobby has had the latest upgrades. Rooms are somewhat dated, but very clean. There was a note on my desk that said the rooms will undergo renovations in a few weeks. I visited the pool / spa area. My room key would not open the pool area, had it re programed and still did not work, the manager had to open it. Not a huge deal. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean. I did use the spa, it was clean and appeared to be about the correct temperature, but the timer did not work? Reported it to the front desk. Many good restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

2 nights for business at a local healthcare organization, and this was the cat's meow. Met all my Courtyard expectations, but the location and access to everything was the best. There are restaurants to walk to and shopping a short drive. Being right off I 65 made it easy to come and go to the airport. The staff was friendly, the room as always a nice 'home away from home'.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A 4 day visit to Indianapolis turned into a 2+ week stay and I am very glad that we chose this hotel to stay at. (It helped that we had work in this part of town)
Conveniently located close to I-65, this is a nice and comfortable hotel. Has all the amenities expected of a Marriott Courtyard (free internet, gym, swimming pool, bistro, guest laundry etc.) Rooms are very reasonably priced and I highly recommend getting the breakfast deal with the room rate. The bistro has many nice and healthy breakfast options plus they also brew Starbucks coffee.
There are many restaurants within walking distance with a pub right across the parking lot. Starbucks coffee shop is also right around the corner and so is a wine shop :-) In addition, practically all major shops (target, home depot etc.) are within 2 mile radius from this hotel. Location wise this is simply great if you are traveling for business.

The hotel staff wasgreat!! They were very friendly, courteous and helped us many a time. My compliments to the staff for doing a good job.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was an awesome mini vacation! I used my Marriott Rewards points to book a room her about 10 miles for all of the action. We checked in with ease and met other NFL fan and every day was pretty comfortable. Now we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The routine was Starbucks, workout and shower and get out, Until it was time to change for the event of the evening.

I will say the in the mornings it was extremely crowded in the lobby most people would be hungry, hungover and dehyrated from the night of celebrating prior. So we would have to wait on line to get food and water from the cafe and most times there was only on person making coffee and sandwiches.

Other than that it was a great place and the location was close to gas, shopping, restaurants and banks. The best part is that my balance at the end of my stay was ZERO!

Not to mention the weather was beautiful every day!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!