“Stayed for 2 nights - Happy Customer” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #47 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Pennsylvania, United States
“Stayed for 2 nights - Happy Customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my business trip to Indianapolis and Richmond IN I stayed at this hotel. I can't put it in words how great the rooms are and the professionalism of the staff. Food and Drinks were great, everything is in walking distance which is a plus, neighborhood is family friendly. The fitness room is spacious and will accommodate your needs, pool was clean and always ready to use (however I did not need to use it), Internet was fast and reliable, common area is large and entertaining.

I can't thank the staff enough for everything they do to keep this a top notch hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Temperance, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Overall what I have come to expect from Marriott, good quality, clean, comfortable accommodations. Easy access to I65, lobby has had the latest upgrades. Rooms are somewhat dated, but very clean. There was a note on my desk that said the rooms will undergo renovations in a few weeks. I visited the pool / spa area. My room key would not open the pool area, had it re programed and still did not work, the manager had to open it. Not a huge deal. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean. I did use the spa, it was clean and appeared to be about the correct temperature, but the timer did not work? Reported it to the front desk. Many good restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

2 nights for business at a local healthcare organization, and this was the cat's meow. Met all my Courtyard expectations, but the location and access to everything was the best. There are restaurants to walk to and shopping a short drive. Being right off I 65 made it easy to come and go to the airport. The staff was friendly, the room as always a nice 'home away from home'.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A 4 day visit to Indianapolis turned into a 2+ week stay and I am very glad that we chose this hotel to stay at. (It helped that we had work in this part of town)
Conveniently located close to I-65, this is a nice and comfortable hotel. Has all the amenities expected of a Marriott Courtyard (free internet, gym, swimming pool, bistro, guest laundry etc.) Rooms are very reasonably priced and I highly recommend getting the breakfast deal with the room rate. The bistro has many nice and healthy breakfast options plus they also brew Starbucks coffee.
There are many restaurants within walking distance with a pub right across the parking lot. Starbucks coffee shop is also right around the corner and so is a wine shop :-) In addition, practically all major shops (target, home depot etc.) are within 2 mile radius from this hotel. Location wise this is simply great if you are traveling for business.

The hotel staff wasgreat!! They were very friendly, courteous and helped us many a time. My compliments to the staff for doing a good job.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was an awesome mini vacation! I used my Marriott Rewards points to book a room her about 10 miles for all of the action. We checked in with ease and met other NFL fan and every day was pretty comfortable. Now we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The routine was Starbucks, workout and shower and get out, Until it was time to change for the event of the evening.

I will say the in the mornings it was extremely crowded in the lobby most people would be hungry, hungover and dehyrated from the night of celebrating prior. So we would have to wait on line to get food and water from the cafe and most times there was only on person making coffee and sandwiches.

Other than that it was a great place and the location was close to gas, shopping, restaurants and banks. The best part is that my balance at the end of my stay was ZERO!

Not to mention the weather was beautiful every day!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently spent 30 days at this hotel. The staff were absolutely amazing. I felt more like a family member than a guest. The highlight of my stay was going to breakfast every morning and being greeted with a smile. The beds were very comfortable and the balcony was a nice escape to relax and unwind. A great location with easy access to the interstate and the downtown attractions. Very military friendly HOOAH!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 8 nights and making reservations for this hotel was complicated. But I'm not entirely sure it was the hotels fault completely as we started the business trip with group reservations through central reservations. Long story short wrong names with rewards numbers. It was easily corrected at checkin with the hotel. But it did cause my room to not be based off of my "preffered" settings, such as being on the top floor. I checked in and 2 days later requested a move to a top floor due to the "elephant" in the room above me. 2300 and what sounds like stomping in unacceptable to me when I will be in a hotel for over a week. The hotel has all the amenities of a Courtyard including the newly renovated Bistro. The hotel staff informed us that a room renovation will be starting in OCT 12 by sections, so I would expect some noise during that timeframe. Overall, very nice place to stay and within walking distance (3-5 minutes) to many chain restaurants like steak n' shake, carrabas, cheeseburger paradise, couple of pubs etc. thanks for reading! As usual videos of rooms on my YouTube channel.

Pros:
- Fastest WIFI I have seen in hotels this year (even over the weekend)
- Bistro serves Starbucks
- Staff willingness and ease of "customer satisfaction"
- Free breakfast included with the hotel rate

Cons:
- Reservations

RetiredArmyRANGER

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear valued guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I apologize that you had a problem with the reservation process but was happy to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home for 8 nights. We hope to have an opportunity to showcase our new rooms on a future visit to Indianapolis.

Best Regards
Scott McKay

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!