“very happy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Gainesville, Florida
“very happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A 4 day visit to Indianapolis turned into a 2+ week stay and I am very glad that we chose this hotel to stay at. (It helped that we had work in this part of town)
Conveniently located close to I-65, this is a nice and comfortable hotel. Has all the amenities expected of a Marriott Courtyard (free internet, gym, swimming pool, bistro, guest laundry etc.) Rooms are very reasonably priced and I highly recommend getting the breakfast deal with the room rate. The bistro has many nice and healthy breakfast options plus they also brew Starbucks coffee.
There are many restaurants within walking distance with a pub right across the parking lot. Starbucks coffee shop is also right around the corner and so is a wine shop :-) In addition, practically all major shops (target, home depot etc.) are within 2 mile radius from this hotel. Location wise this is simply great if you are traveling for business.

The hotel staff wasgreat!! They were very friendly, courteous and helped us many a time. My compliments to the staff for doing a good job.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was an awesome mini vacation! I used my Marriott Rewards points to book a room her about 10 miles for all of the action. We checked in with ease and met other NFL fan and every day was pretty comfortable. Now we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The routine was Starbucks, workout and shower and get out, Until it was time to change for the event of the evening.

I will say the in the mornings it was extremely crowded in the lobby most people would be hungry, hungover and dehyrated from the night of celebrating prior. So we would have to wait on line to get food and water from the cafe and most times there was only on person making coffee and sandwiches.

Other than that it was a great place and the location was close to gas, shopping, restaurants and banks. The best part is that my balance at the end of my stay was ZERO!

Not to mention the weather was beautiful every day!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently spent 30 days at this hotel. The staff were absolutely amazing. I felt more like a family member than a guest. The highlight of my stay was going to breakfast every morning and being greeted with a smile. The beds were very comfortable and the balcony was a nice escape to relax and unwind. A great location with easy access to the interstate and the downtown attractions. Very military friendly HOOAH!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 8 nights and making reservations for this hotel was complicated. But I'm not entirely sure it was the hotels fault completely as we started the business trip with group reservations through central reservations. Long story short wrong names with rewards numbers. It was easily corrected at checkin with the hotel. But it did cause my room to not be based off of my "preffered" settings, such as being on the top floor. I checked in and 2 days later requested a move to a top floor due to the "elephant" in the room above me. 2300 and what sounds like stomping in unacceptable to me when I will be in a hotel for over a week. The hotel has all the amenities of a Courtyard including the newly renovated Bistro. The hotel staff informed us that a room renovation will be starting in OCT 12 by sections, so I would expect some noise during that timeframe. Overall, very nice place to stay and within walking distance (3-5 minutes) to many chain restaurants like steak n' shake, carrabas, cheeseburger paradise, couple of pubs etc. thanks for reading! As usual videos of rooms on my YouTube channel.

Pros:
- Fastest WIFI I have seen in hotels this year (even over the weekend)
- Bistro serves Starbucks
- Staff willingness and ease of "customer satisfaction"
- Free breakfast included with the hotel rate

Cons:
- Reservations

RetiredArmyRANGER

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear valued guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I apologize that you had a problem with the reservation process but was happy to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home for 8 nights. We hope to have an opportunity to showcase our new rooms on a future visit to Indianapolis.

Scott McKay
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel has very limited food facilities. There are several restaurants within walking distance that you should utilize. The hotel is billed as a non-smoking hotel but it is apparent that this has not been the case for long. My room had a lingering odor of smoke in the room. Other than this the stay was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has not been smoked in.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I apologize that you had an issue with your room odor and that it detracted from your overall stay experience. We stricly follow Marriott's non-smoking policy, which includes charging guests who make the decision to smoke in a room a fairly large recovery fee. Also, our Housekeeping staff works hard on keeping our rooms smelling clean and fresh and I regret that we were not able to do so with your room. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to reguarly review our committment to providing our guests with an enjoyable stay. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to Indianapolis. Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard Indianapolis South.

Scott McKay
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just recently had two stays here totaling 7 days. Overall this is another one where a 2.5 rating could be given that's where I would place this. The lobby area & other items were updated, and service from the staff was great, but it appears that the management is really walking a fine line on the room upkeep.

The housekeeping did a great job of cleaning the items they do, but being here for a while you notice things like the desk chair on my first visit the arm fell off and the replacements all had bent backs, staining on the privaciy shades, the walls looking a little dingy, and the carpet really is getting to the point it needs to be deep cleaned or replaced.It looks like when they did the lobby overhaul they only did a very light redo on the rooms to meet the minimum required for the franchise.

The hotel has great choices for food around it & is super easy to access, so not a bad place if you need a quick stay on the south side of Indy, but don't expect to be dazzled by the room.

Tip: If you are staying for more than 1-2 days, you can get a week pass for $20.00 to the brand new LA Fitness down the street. About the nicest gym in the area and gives you a lot more options than the std. Courtyard gym. And Scotty's Brewhouse and Mucky Ducks are good dinner options.

Room Tip: Front side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We know there are a lot of choices for lodging when you travel to Indianapolis and we greatly appreciate your patronage. I am happy to report that all of our guest rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation beginning in the later part of this year and we are very excited to be able to offer this great new product to our guests. We sincerely hope you have another opportunity to stay with us when these rooms start to become available. I also wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the great comments about the staff - we strive to provide superior hospitality and I am glad you were able to experience that. We hope to see you again soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This facility is a winner. The staff was so helpful during my daughter's wedding planning, it was truly one less thing I had to worry about. If you are spending time in Indianapolis or the surrounding area I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!