“Just like camping” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South

You added Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South to your Saves list
Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   4909 Knights Way, I-465 and IN-37, exit 4, Indianapolis, IN 46217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #165 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Just like camping”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place simply needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt. There are too many problems to address in order to make it habitable. Key card entrance on doors that are falling apart. I could have kicked my way in. Filthy carpets. 1970's era TV. One of the double beds in our room had no sheet on it, simply a comforter. Cracked and missing tiles in the bathroom with actual holes under the tub. I tried to plug my laptop in to recharge it but the outlets are so old and over-used that the plug kept falling out.
Poor lighting outdoors is a real hazard as the pavement and asphalt are all broken up, making walking at night very dangerous. It's not worth saving the $20.00. Go to a newer property and actually get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room was musty smelling, the heating/cooling unit kept shorting out. My husband checked it out and found a hole in the corner of the room with the plug below. Housekeeping seems to be non existant. It is in desperate need of renovation! The lamp plugs were taped with electrical tape and the plugs would fall out of the socket. The only good thing was water pressure and the temperature was hot. Do not stay at this Knights Inn! Trash!

• Stayed May 2013
Palmetto, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

this is the best place i have ever stayed the management and employees are so nice and helpful i would tell anyone that was coming to indianapolis to stay at this hotel its close to alot of places and the rooms are very clean and they have a good owner

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the style of motel that I grew up in during the 1950's and 1960's: Very plain but very decent and reasonable. It's all one story so you don't have to worry about people above or under you. You park right at your door. It is a basic, non-fancy motel. For this price, I expected much worse. It was fairly spacious for the price. The staff was friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hohenwald, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

That pretty well sums up our stay. Rooms were dated and dingy, but clean overall. The staff were friendly and helpful even on minor issues like the remote and wi-fi. The grounds were rather dirty, but we had a quiet peaceful rest.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before paying. Don't smoke in your room, they are very adamant about this p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was better than I expected for the price. There were many restaurants near by, which was very convenient. I would stay at the hotel again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the single worst Hotel experience in the 18+ years I have traveled the country for my business. I, along with my business associates had been scheduled to stay at this Knights Inn franchise property located at 4909 Knights Way in Indianapolis, Indiana. We had several rooms and we were getting a decent rate, that I had no complaints about. The location was decent as well, with restaurants, gas stations, and shopping nearby. Housekeeping was almost non-existent despite a housekeeping staff. The wifi was far less than optimal and the property had seen better days. To give a little background to better explain my grievance, I am a bone cancer and 2 time heart attack survivor by the age of 36. At 38, I am prescribed Nitroglycerin, Niaspan, Coreg, Simvastatin, Lipitor, Plavix, and a 325 mg aspirin every day along with acid reducers. I am also prescribed medical marijuana in my home state of California for chronic pain because I choose not to take narcotic pills and just deal with pain when outside my home state. One day almost a week into our stay, the GM of the property went into my room where the housekeeping claims to have smelled smoke, because this property charges a $250 fine for smoking in non-smoking rooms. So, the GM took it upon himself to open up drawers and look through our luggage, not only in my room, but my associate's rooms as well. The desktop drawer in my room is where I kept all of my medicine, including a marijuana pipe which stays with all of the other medical supplies. He went on to claim I left the drawer wide open and so it was in plain sight. This is pure garbage as you can imagine. This individual, Dave Boswick, criminally violated my rights as a citizen and a guest of this property by not only opening up my drawer and snooping through all of our belongings, but then taking photos of my personal property and calling the Police on me as if I was the criminal. The police arrived and laughed at him for this apparent error on his part and the fact that it was fairly obvious what he had done. All of this was also seen and verified by the housekeepers who were witness to his criminal activities. On top of all this, the GM goes on to threaten us with his cop friend, Bob Orr of the Indianapolis PD, stating that if he could've gotten a hold of his Cop Friend, we would be arrested because the officer would do what he asked. And then, and then, to add insult to injury, we were charged for smoking in the room when even the police he called said they smelled no smoke.This is about the biggest load of trash I have ever had to deal with in either my professional or personal life. But, I'm not finished. I lodged a formal complaint against the property with Knights Inn Corporate. It took them over a week to decide they were going to nothing about it, and I have now gotten the same response from Sean, the owner of the said property. This is utterly astounding to me. How in the world does a company whose entire identity involves service and customers and guests, tell a guest who has been severely violated by one of their Employees on one of their properties, that they will do nothing about it? How??? This is a complete and utter #FAIL on the part of #KNIGHTSINNINDIANAPOLISAIRPORTSOUTH , and by #KNIGHTSINNCORPORATE . Boo on you #KNIGHTSINN. I am taking this as far as every social network available to me, Mass Media, Printed Media, Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce, and The District Attorney's Office. All I wanted was a little satisfaction in knowing reprimands were made and a refund of the wronful charges, but no, they want to play me like I'm some Joe Shmo Imbecile. Well, I will do all in my power to make sure this kind of treatment is not put upon anyone else. Over all, NO, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY. They will violate your rights as a guest. They will search your belongings. They will hit your Credit Card with bogus charges and then tell you all charges are final. This is perhaps the worst property in America.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South? Share your experiences!