“Great Service and Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South

You added Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South to your Saves list
Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   4909 Knights Way, I-465 and IN-37, exit 4, Indianapolis, IN 46217   |
Ranked #165 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Service and Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was better than I expected for the price. There were many restaurants near by, which was very convenient. I would stay at the hotel again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Algonquin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the single worst Hotel experience in the 18+ years I have traveled the country for my business. I, along with my business associates had been scheduled to stay at this Knights Inn franchise property located at 4909 Knights Way in Indianapolis, Indiana. We had several rooms and we were getting a decent rate, that I had no complaints about. The location was decent as well, with restaurants, gas stations, and shopping nearby. Housekeeping was almost non-existent despite a housekeeping staff. The wifi was far less than optimal and the property had seen better days. To give a little background to better explain my grievance, I am a bone cancer and 2 time heart attack survivor by the age of 36. At 38, I am prescribed Nitroglycerin, Niaspan, Coreg, Simvastatin, Lipitor, Plavix, and a 325 mg aspirin every day along with acid reducers. I am also prescribed medical marijuana in my home state of California for chronic pain because I choose not to take narcotic pills and just deal with pain when outside my home state. One day almost a week into our stay, the GM of the property went into my room where the housekeeping claims to have smelled smoke, because this property charges a $250 fine for smoking in non-smoking rooms. So, the GM took it upon himself to open up drawers and look through our luggage, not only in my room, but my associate's rooms as well. The desktop drawer in my room is where I kept all of my medicine, including a marijuana pipe which stays with all of the other medical supplies. He went on to claim I left the drawer wide open and so it was in plain sight. This is pure garbage as you can imagine. This individual, Dave Boswick, criminally violated my rights as a citizen and a guest of this property by not only opening up my drawer and snooping through all of our belongings, but then taking photos of my personal property and calling the Police on me as if I was the criminal. The police arrived and laughed at him for this apparent error on his part and the fact that it was fairly obvious what he had done. All of this was also seen and verified by the housekeepers who were witness to his criminal activities. On top of all this, the GM goes on to threaten us with his cop friend, Bob Orr of the Indianapolis PD, stating that if he could've gotten a hold of his Cop Friend, we would be arrested because the officer would do what he asked. And then, and then, to add insult to injury, we were charged for smoking in the room when even the police he called said they smelled no smoke.This is about the biggest load of trash I have ever had to deal with in either my professional or personal life. But, I'm not finished. I lodged a formal complaint against the property with Knights Inn Corporate. It took them over a week to decide they were going to nothing about it, and I have now gotten the same response from Sean, the owner of the said property. This is utterly astounding to me. How in the world does a company whose entire identity involves service and customers and guests, tell a guest who has been severely violated by one of their Employees on one of their properties, that they will do nothing about it? How??? This is a complete and utter #FAIL on the part of #KNIGHTSINNINDIANAPOLISAIRPORTSOUTH , and by #KNIGHTSINNCORPORATE . Boo on you #KNIGHTSINN. I am taking this as far as every social network available to me, Mass Media, Printed Media, Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce, and The District Attorney's Office. All I wanted was a little satisfaction in knowing reprimands were made and a refund of the wronful charges, but no, they want to play me like I'm some Joe Shmo Imbecile. Well, I will do all in my power to make sure this kind of treatment is not put upon anyone else. Over all, NO, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY. They will violate your rights as a guest. They will search your belongings. They will hit your Credit Card with bogus charges and then tell you all charges are final. This is perhaps the worst property in America.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Getting my vehicle serviced nearby, just a walk away from the shop approx 0.4 mi, close to all restaurants (walking distance), and the truck stop. Courteous staff, tidy rooms. Value priced room. I'll be back if I'm in this area again! Was easy to get a room (conventions in town at this time so many motels were booked solid this weekend: racing events weekend, gaming conventions), that was great relief to me!!! :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Room was filthy with a mold oder burn holes in furnature and bed, towels filthy,and if that wasn't enough me and my pregnant wife and 22 month old son had multiple bites when we woke up! I personally found a bedbug behind the headboard went up to office to demand a refund for the week I paid in advance and the refused to refund.

• Stayed July 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE...

We asked for a weekly rate in July of 2012 as we are moving out of town. My children and I were given a room that looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, the faucet leaked, the shower leaked, and the outlets didn't even work correctly. The cable line was inappropriately disconnected, there was trash in the drawers and the room didn't even have a bible! The room smelled like pee. When we went back up to the front desk 5 minutes later and asked for a new room, they told us that they wouldn't give us a different room since they were sold out. When I asked for a refund they said that it was policy not to get a refund. Furthermore, they asked for $20 cash in addition to the rate that was billed to my credit card. This is probably to avoid taxes. The lock on the door didn't work right either.

The towels are small and stained pink. There was no extra blankets when we asked and they gave us a few extra sheets instead. While this isn't entirely crazy, they were fitted sheets. The floor was sticky and hadn't been shampooed and the parking-lot was littered with cigarette butts. The couch had cigarette butt stains in it and the bathroom sink had holes in the vanity. There is a hole in the bathroom wall...

No one has stayed on the opposite side all week probably because its condemned. The paint is peeling from the ceiling of the walk-ways. The garbages were stuffed on the outside and the pool furniture when the pool was open was aweful. The sun umbrella was trashy and ripped. There were unsightly stains on the deck furniture and some one's underwear had been left.

This is the worst hotel experience of my life and being in the Marine Corps, I've slept under the stars in better places... This is worse than a trashy trailer park by far...

My kids were with me and both said they would rather have gone camping. Keep driving. With in 3 miles there are a host of other choices....

Room Tip: They advertise out front that they've renovated a spa whirlpool suite to get you to drive in. Ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lockport, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Thank goodness we were only there to sleep! Staff was great! Friendly and polite. Room was clean; very outdated; but clean. Pictures taken must have been from long ago. Pool area dirty. Lounge chairs filthy. Pool very cloudy. States updated in 2011 on homepage. Where did they get the stuff to update with...... better stuff found at goodwill. Cut our stay short....wasn't expecting the ritz but was expecting at least what the pictures showed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lower Waterford, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were appalled to see the entirely sub standard condition of two rooms in this property! My horses @ home live in more sanitary quarters than we were expected to endure @ this lodging! Needless to say we could not stay there in that filth, but the nite manager refused to honor my request for a refund! ( note we stayed @ a comfortable place in Waldron AR, for three days, and the owner-manager didn't even charge our card until we checked out!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South? Share your experiences!