“Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Middlesboro, Kentucky
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I came to Indianapolis for a church camp meeting on Keystone Avenue. During my stay at this La Quinta we came down for breakfast. While selecting our breakfast items the bacon was almost gone so I started picking up the small broken pieces and putting them into my plate, then I went onto choosing other items. I am a bacon lover but I was going to be content with what I had. After sitting down and eating, a lady walked up to our table and brought me a whole plate of bacon!! Then I thought, "Wow, she must have been noticing me when I was getting the small pieces." I was very impressed. I only said thank you but the next morning when we went back down for breakfast again I asked if she was the lady who had brought me the bacon the day before and she said yes. I told her I thought that was very generous of her. Therefore, I also thought it certainly was worth posting. She deserves a star! Her name was Tina. Thanks Tina. You are great!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milford, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time. The room and hotel were clean and well maintained. The pool was a little dirty at the deep end. The only things that didn't go well was the swollen door that we had to put some weight behind it to get it open, but once we realized it, it wasn't too bad. We went for a walk around the building and our key wouldn't let us in the side door or the door to the right of the main lobby and we had to walk to the lobby to re-enter the building. All and all a very nice experience. I left some items at the hotel and Carlo was very helpful in explaining the best and quickest way to receive my items. Thank you very much. I would recommend your hotel to family and friends. I work at a hotel so I am always looking for good quality and customer service and you delivered very nicely.

Room Tip: We ask , on arrival, to be on a higher floor. We were accommodated, quickly, to the 6th floor. We lo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I are driving from AZ to NJ and this was one of our many hotel stays and is one of our favorite stays. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was clean and worked. The staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet during the night. The only problem we had was we were unable to fit our Uhaul under the front desk awning cause it is only 9ft and so backing up and making our way out of the crowded parking lot wasn't easy but overall everything was great. Just don't bother pulling up to the front desk if you have a vehicle over 9ft! Breakfast in the morning was good it was an average continental breakfast. I don't know what it is like staying more than one night but for one night I can say it is great!

• Stayed July 2013
suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend, as part of an annual trip a group of us take to Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400. This is the 3rd year we’ve been staying at this hotel, and in 3 years you can tell nothing has been done to keep things running well. 3 years ago they just completed a redesign and the hotel was awesome. This year they are under management of a new GM who is trying to get things in order, but they definitely need to step up their game.

1st general issues, there are 3 elevators, 2 in the front, 1 in the back of the hotel. 1 of the ones in the front doesn’t work, it hasn’t worked in almost a year, we were informed it is slated to be removed. The elevator is super slow and it seems everyone holds it for others so there is always a long wait. The other elevator is at the other end of the hotel… If you like walking up and down the hallways to use the elevator and get to your room, it’s great… if not, it’s super annoying. Fix the front one and ditch the back one.

2nd the key’s keep needing to be re-coded for side doors daily. So you have to use the front entrance to get your key fixed. I don’t know how many times we let others in as we passed doors and we got let in by others, as everyone complained their key didn’t work. We were purposefully keeping our keys away from credit cards, cell phones, anything magnetic, didn’t matter, they wouldn’t open the doors!

3rd No wash clothes in the rooms, if lucky, you’d get one. When you’d ask the front desk, housekeeping wasn’t there; they couldn’t do anything about it.

4th Internet connection, the room on the first floor, you were lucky you could get 1 bar of signal. 5th floor all bars were there.

We checked in Friday night, our group, who booked our rooms a year in advance, we were all on different floors of the hotel. (1st, 4th, 5th,& 6th). Mine was on the 1st floor, when I got in the room I checked counters, beds and corners for bugs, and found 2 spiders on the walls. My friend said it’s a 1st floor, it happens. There were also stains on the walls I couldn’t identify.
The comforters had black ink stains on them, right on the top, and very visible. One of the beds even had little black fuzz that I had use the flashlight on my phone to make sure they weren’t bed bugs. I left the “please clean linen’s” note on the bed next to the stains for housekeeping to notice. They did nothing about the stains, they stayed the whole weekend. But they were able to throw away my plastic cup and straw with silverware in it that I brought with, and cleaned before leaving for the day, and had placed next to my phone charger and notepad on the desk.

The 2nd day before heading out for a few hours in the evening I used the bathroom flushed the toilet and put the lid down. When I got back to my room several hours later it smelled like poop. Only for me to find out my toilet stopped flushing, and flushing it now, it was about to over flow. I called the front desk who told me “IF she could find a plunger she’d be down to fix the issue soon.” She plunged the toilet, and it was fine. I woke up about 4:00 am to find the AC turned off and that I couldn’t get it to kick back in. Even after going to the bathroom, and turning it down as low as possible. It wouldn’t go on. I opt’d to get breakfast around 7:00, since I was up, my key had to be re-coded 3 times before I could get back into the room. I had nothing with me to accidentally deactivate my key.

Went out for the race that day, got back to my hot and sticky room, used the bathroom and the toilet handle broke! I took the key that had been on the desk for the 2 days since I checked in to go talk in person with the front desk Fed up and annoyed I requested a new room. When I got back it wouldn’t work. I was told it was blank! It’s been on the desk, how does that happen? I was moved to the 5th floor, with a key that would turn the light green, but still not open the door. After going back to the front desk I got in the room, checked for bugs, stains, and that the toilet worked, while un-packing I realized my socks were wet.. The carpet was wet! When I told the front desk he said he’d leave a note about it.

We talked to the sales manager about the situation, and she said by our trip next year it will be corrected and that the hotel will be better. But I’m not sure I want to bother with another chance, there are a lot of other hotels in the area we can stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The guest services are always accommodating and friendly. The breakfast is more than adequate. The bedding, pillows are very comfortable and allow for a good night's sleep. In this location, there are several restaurants within easy walking or driving distance. We will continue to stay at this La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DSpeziale, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We value your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again.
Your comments will be shared with our Team.

Regards,
Debbie
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The suite we stayed in was a great deal and very clean. More importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING - and Tina was so incredibly nice, warm and personable! Every morning she greeted not only us, but everyone with a warm smile and made sure that e had everything. Tina engaged in pleasant conversation and really made us feel welcome! If our convention is ever back in Indianapolis, we will be staying here again, no questions asked! SO happy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DSpeziale, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind remarks. Tina is a warm and kind hearted person and she loves her guests, but mostly to serve them with a Hospitality Heart!
She is an asset to our LaQuinta. I will make sure I share your comments with her. Please call us when you're ready to book for your next convention. We would love to be your Host Hotel in Indianapolis.

Debbie

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!