“Not for the average traveler” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Inn of Indianapolis

Kings Inn of Indianapolis
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Kings Inn of Indianapolis
You added Kings Inn of Indianapolis to your Saves list
6850 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #142 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Warsaw, Indiana
“Not for the average traveler”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Wow this is kind of a rough place my room was very cold and had some type of heater that was bolted to the floor. They probably have nicer room here because it appears that some of the guest might live here but mine was very rough.
This is definitely not the type of place you would book for a family or girlfriend more of a place to flop if you have no other options.
The only bright side was the gal working the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had I read reviews for Kings Inn beforehand I definitely wouldn't have stayed there. But after a full day on the road I just wanted a cheap place to crash. The staff was friendly and my room was clean and comfortable. Some kind of breakfast in the morning would be nice, but might be too much to expect for $39. Good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sean J, General Manager at Kings Inn of Indianapolis, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay. We strive to be the best in the limited service motel industry. We pride ourselves in friendly, prompt, and outstanding guest service by every single member of our staff. Without your feedback we would not be able to set the GOLD Standard for limited service motels.

Sean James- General Manager (Grand Hotels, LLC)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

stayed here 1 night because we had been driving all day and night til 4am. Saw the sign said $29 it ended up being $44. My daughter slept in one bed and got ate up by bedbugs. My husband and I slept in the other bed and i got bit a lot not as much as my daughter, and my hubby got bit a little. There was blood on the nightstand :( the room was filthy and i wsh we would have just slept in the car. Or paid a little more for a much better place (thought it was gonna be $29 and when it wasnt we was just too tired to care or go anywhere else) im itching now typing this : ( i hate bedbugs
happy traveling!! : )

• Stayed April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Needing a place for short term but not a lot of $$ to spend I checked into the now Kings Inn. My experience was not a good one when the free coffee in the lobby was not there and the clerk complained about having to make more. No house keeping services, heat in my room, and buying my own toilet paper is outragous. The new management degrades the employees while guests are checking in and out. Which bug would you like in your room because they have them all. When you bring it to the attention of the general manager he claims you brought them in. This place needs to shut down if for no other reason the broken glass in most of the windows and second floor walkway not maintained. For $29.00 per night it is not worth the humiliation of having to listen to the management vulgarity at the employees and traffic @ all hours of the day and night.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go some where else.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

omg...first off it use to be budget inn, now it's KING'S INN MOTEL. I've stayed there before back in 1998 for my dads funeral and it was nice and clean and wonderful staff. I attempted to stay there this time 11/10/11 for my uncles funeral. low and behold when we got there it looked the same outside but when i stepped foot in the 1st room it was horrible i mean atrocious!!!!!!! the curtains were hanging from the rod cigarette burns in the bed spread, the tub was filthy. i went to the front desk to ask for a different room and the second room was just as bad. the sink had dirt and soap in it as if someone took a wash up in it and just left it dirty. I went back to the office to get my refund and the clerk told me that no refunds will be given back and she should me the sign which was so high up on the window that noone could've seen it. We left there and went a paid a little more money but it was spectacular. the knig's inn is for people on drugs. if you value cleanliness don't ever stay there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Good stay for the amount of money for the room. Located in busy downtown area. Under new management, imporvement being performed on the property. The rooms are spacious, the facility was clean and disinfected. Staff is customer oriented, All in all, we found it great value for money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
erie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

i can see that the new owners that i was told have taken over are doing alot of work to the property. the furniture that is in the rooms has been updated since my last visit. the cable tv has been upgraded to include 2 showtimes and 2 espns. all in all the place is improving and the new management is looking for suggestions from guests to make even more improvements.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Kings Inn of Indianapolis? Share your experiences!