You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5855 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My experience started the night before with Don working the desk, I called to ask a question which he answered and also booked my room while he was attending to other guest! Don was considerate, polite and extremely professional!! The only reason I called the hotel directly was because IHG likes to outsource their calls to other countries which is fine but does neither party any good if there is a language barrier. That is just a note to the corporate office - find people your guest can communicate with! Anyway check in is supposed to be 3 pm and when I arrived at 1 pm they allowed me to check in, another big plus! My room was clean, comfortable, equipt with a microwave and mini frig there were also plenty of kids channels for a change! My big complaint in most hotels is that they carry 5 sports channels and 1 or 2 kids channels, I enjoy sports but 1 or 2 are all I need not 5 they had a great mix of channels here! Saturday night we met Sarah who was incredibly helpful, attentive and friendly! I had questioned the heat in the pool, the thermometer read 84 but there was no way, it was much colder and with a little more coaxing I think Sarah might have let me throw her in to prove my point! I didn't get to throw her in but she was kind enough to bring my daughter back an ice cream, Sarah was an instant hit with her! Sarah, you had me at 2 pm! I asked for a late check out thinking maybe they would push it to 1 but Sarah worked her magic and made our check out 2 pm!! In the morning my daughter slept in while I went and ate breakfast, I always love HI breakfast with the cinnamon rolls, they had much much more! Pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereal, toast, bagels it was like a regular restaurant (almost). I didn't use the exercise equipment but I did bring my daughter breakfast in bed and decided to use the stairs, no surprise when I found the stairwells were as clean as the rest of the hotel! Check out was a breeze, my invoice was slid under my door during the night. We said our goodbyes and left, you can't get any easier than that!! Now just to be fair, every hotel seems to have the same problem - cleanliness of the bathrooms. It wasn't bad but I did notice the hair on the floor around the tub, the tile is light enough you should be able to catch it and most don't. They also forgot to replace plastic cups in the bathroom. The last thing as I mentioned was the pool, I am from Florida so I do know what 84 degrees in a pool feels like, that was not 84. At best it was about 72 - 74 degrees which us Floridians don't go in the water until it's 80+ degrees but my daughter became acclimated to the water quickly, most fish do adjust to their surrounding quickly though! Overall it was one of the best stays I have had at any hotel. I travel constantly and live in hotels some real nice other not so nice, this is a wonderful hotel for the price point. I have experienced the Wingate located by the HIE and HIE is head and shoulders over that property - I think I still have a review on here about them. As much as I love this place and the staff it is somewhere I won't be able to enjoy that often, I come in to Indianapolis every other weekend to spend time with my daughter so it gets expensive. My company pays 90% of the time but the remaining comes out of my pocket but for the occasional splurge this will certainly be my go-to place! Thank you for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear John D,
Thank you so much for your gracious review of our hotel. The time you took to mention so many positive aspects is reflected in your kind and thoughtful comments. Don and Sarah are indicative of the friendly and helpful staff that brings such tremendous service to our guests. The housekeepers make sure your room is clean and comfortable as you described, and our breakfast attendant makes sure that the meal you are offered, with all its choices, gets your day off to a fantastic start. It is nice to know, also, that you found the mix of television channels to your liking. Guest response in that area, is the only way we can know that we are offering a broad enough selection of channels for everyone to enjoy. I also enjoy you commenting on the eae of your check-out. This is a reflection on the job members of our late evening staff do. It is a total team effort that allows us to appreciate the comments you made. We look forward to the next opportunity you have for that "occasional" splurge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Melissa J the assistant manager is amazing, everyone at the hotel was amazing. They serve you a nice breakfast to help you on your way. I asked for 2 extra towels one evening and before I could get back to my room they were waiting. This place is close to the airport and 15 mins to downtown.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anthony B,
Thank you for your great comments regarding you recent stay at our hotel. Melissa J. and the entire staff you referenced work very hard to provide the best guest service every day to every one of our guests and I am glad you were pleased with their efforts. The close proximity we share in distance and time to the Indianapolis International Airport and the vibrant downtown are big attractions and are a big reason so any people are discovering our hotel and enjoying their stays as much as you did yours. We look forward to your next syat with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great great staff. Shuttle service. Very good breakfast. They even recommended restaurants to dine in, and then took me there and picked me up later. They definitely go the extra mile as far as service goes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Ben W,
Thank you so much for your positive comments, especially those highlighting our staff and their total committment to providing the best guest service in Indianapolis. Our staff absolutely does go the extra mile, as you stated, in doing whatever we can to make every guest feel welcome and assist them in any way they can. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your busiess brings you to Indianapolis.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great hotel, stayed for one day meeting in hotel and a few days in the area. A few decent restaurants nearby. Hotel staff very accomodating. This is located just off the highway. One restaurant is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Room was very clean and well appointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Al S,
Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us. We are glad you found our staff accomodating and enjoyed the cleanliness of the room yu stayed in. These are specific areas where we strive to provide top service for our guests and everyone here works very hard to do just that. Should your travels bring you back to Indianapolis, we will look forward to your next stay with us.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice stay, I probably will choose it again.

As other reviewers said, this hotel is new and clean. You don't smell anything when you open the guest room door or turn on the AC, you don't see anything that is unclean. This is a highlight for this hotel.

The heated indoor pool is another highlight, my family enjoyed it while the weather wasn't warm for outdoor activities. I wish the heated indoor pool could be a bit warmer, when we were there, we have to keep swimming to not feel cold. The kids didn't mind that, they are non-stop anyway.

I have stayed several Holiday Inn Express, they all provide breakfast buffet, but I can't say this one is as good as others. The space is limited, and so are the food varieties. I am not asking for too much, but I wish there were more healthy food choices such as fruits (one morning I saw a few bananas, the other two mornings I see no fruits at all), multi-grain bread or oat meal.

The wifi is free, good enough for e-mail checking or twitter, but don't expect good youtube or Netflix streaming.

It's near to the 465 highway, but the noise level is quite OK. It is next to Sam's club and there are some grocery stores nearby, it is also not too far from downtown.

In general it was a nice stay, I probably will choose it again next time I visit Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Ask for less noisy room, probably those not facing the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear GuangY,

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. Cleanliness, our friendly hotel staff, and the amenities such as the pool are guest service opportunities we work with every day to provide for guests like yourself. We will be looking into our internet speed and providing healthier choices in our breakfast buffet, including fruit and oatmeal, as a Holiday Inn Express standard very soon. We are always sensitive to the concerns of our guests and appreciate yours. We look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel was very nice. Large clean rooms and friendly staff. Pretty nice free breakfast. Pool was nice but somewhat cool for a heated pool. It seemed like some of the heating inputs weren't working. Wifi was terrific down at the pool but pretty much unusable on the third floor. I wasn't able to get Netflix or my Plex server to work because the wifi signal kept dropping. Wifi probably Ok for email and maybe light Web surfing. Front desk said they would reboot the routers but it didn't help. They said the routers were on the third floor yet the signal was terrific on the first floor at the pool. Lastly, the elevator is slow and in an odd place. I would still stay here again in the future and recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Ed M,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay with us. Our friendly staff's goal is to provide only the most professional guest service regardless of the situation. We will certainly address the concerns your mentioned. Fast, efficient wifi is a high priority amenity we want our guest to enjoy during their stay with us. I thank you for your review and for your recommendation, and we all look forward to your next stay with us.
IL cornfields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Friendly, very clean, and easy to find. The staff there frequently asked how our stay was going and if there was anything they could do to make it even better. They were friendly and professional. The young woman who managed the breakfast was exceptionally kind and attentive to our family, helping the children. The only glitch was connecting to WiFI and that was figured out easily. The kids enjoyed the pool area! Great stay:)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear junebug327,
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate how much you think of our staff and how friendly and helpful they were. We strive to provide the very best customer service and professionlism to the guests who choose our hotel. Mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel and how much your kids enjoyed the pool is great to know also as we all look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area

Address: 5855 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites West)
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
#16 Business Hotel in Indianapolis
#23 Family Hotel in Indianapolis
#26 Romantic Hotel in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area 2*
Conveniently located near Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Banker's Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium, Victory Field, Lucas Oil Raceway Park, 8 Second Saloon and the NCAA Hall of Champions.Enjoy our proximity to downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Government Center, Indianapolis Convention Center, as well as Butler University, University of Indianapolis and Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI).Take advantage of our excellent customer service, 24hr Airport Shuttle or our popular packages including Park, Sleep & Fly. Come visit us! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn & Suites West Hotel Indianapolis
Comfort Inn And Suites West
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn Indianapolis
Indianapolis Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.