“Don't think I would stay there again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport

You added Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5845 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224 (Formerly Guesthouse Inn)   |
Ranked #108 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't think I would stay there again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I am very picky about clean rooms, bathrooms and noise. The room was pretty clean but the bathroom was strange! It only had a pocket door and weird shower that extends into the room. The room was also very loud, in addition to hearing every conversation in the hall loud and clear there was also a thumping noice the entire night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_IN091, General Manager at Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments. I too am picky about cleanliness - especially of bathrooms. That's why our staff takes extra care to make sure they are as clean as they can possibly be. You are right about the set-up of the room though. It is a little different; with the rounded wall and pocket door.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

The receptionist was very nice and accommodating when we checked in. I have a thing about bathrooms. If they are dirty, I can't see past that. The shower door track was filthy and had a hole that had rusty through. The rest of the roon was ok. We didn't receive our free pizza coupon which was no big deal because we had eaten dinner a little earlier. In the morning, I read that we would receive a complimentary breakfast. If you had to leave before 6am, then you would receive some type of breakfast that you could take with you. I asked about breakfast and was told that it didn't start until 6am - sorry. We had to leave at 5:45. The shuttle to the airport was great - on time, perfect. Gettting picked up after our trip was another story. We waited for an hour to get picked up along with a party of 9. They had been waiting 10 -15 minutes longer than us. We were told that the shuttle broke down and they had to get another one. The party of 9 said that was what happened last time they stayed at this hotel. In the parking lot of this hotel is a Comfort Inn and Wyndham. The Wyndham looked brand new and, if I remember correctly, it was around the same price. Next time, I will book the Wyndham.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
I was sorry to hear that this guest didn't enjoy their stay. Our Park & Fly Program is a big part of our business and we strive to make each and every guest's stay as comfortable as possible. We do offer a Grab & Go Breakfast for those with early departures; as our regular breakfast hours don't start until 6am. As for pick up from the airport, we try to achieve this within 30 minutes or less from the time we receive the call. Now that it's spring, we do have to make adjustments for construction; but that still doesn't explain why it took so long for this guest to be picked up. I will be discussing this situation with all of our drivers in order to avoid something like this from happening again.
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Sleep Inn. My room was big and clean and the breakfast was well stocked. Jenny at the front desk was super friendly and accomodating. I'll for sure be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope you'll stay with us again should your travels bring you back our way.
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed at this Sleep Inn before our flight to Mexico. Everything went well until our return. We called for the shuttle to pick us up and the driver told us it would be 20-30 minutes. After waiting 45 minutes the van appeared and it took another 25 minutes to get to our hotel because he made other stops. So it took an hour to get picked up and retrieve our car. I would not recommend using their Park, stay and fly service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
I was sorry to hear that this guest didn't enjoy their stay. Our Park & Fly Service is a big part of our business and we take it very seriously. Our usual turn-around time is 30 minutes from the time we get the call from the airport; so I'm not sure why it took so long to pick up these guests. But, I will definitely be discussing it with all our drivers in order to avoid a situation like this from happening again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Very nice and clean motel. Great staff at the front desk who was very helpful. The rooms were cleaned and very nice when arrived.
The only thing this room needs is a BIGGER television. The small TV that sits on the desk in front of the couch is poor quality and has a very small screen. If you are into sports at all and are watching ESPN, you will have to sit on the edge of the foot of the bed to see the score and the time clock. Also the picture quality is less than ideal. It tends to be too dark. The remote works good though. For the size of this room it makes sense to have at least a 32" TV.
The internet worked great. The free pizza is not free. Mine was going to cost me $5.40. Parking is also an issue. The lot is filled with cars and trucks, but they are people who are using it as long term parking instead of paying the airport fees. So motel customers have to park in the adjoining Sams Club parking lot .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
You are right.....our televisions are too small! They are actually past due for replacement. We'll be upgrading to 32" flatscreens very soon and we can't wait.

Thank you for sharing your comments. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back our way.
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

My past couple of hotel stays haven't been so good. So I was surprised when I stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving. The lady at the desk greeted me promptly and was very friendly. When I got to my room it was very clean. However I realized that I had booked 2 twins instead of a King. I explained the situation to her and she happily switched my rooms. The 3 days we were there she greeted me everytime I left and came back. It was refreshing to have such a friendly staff at that hotel it really made my stay there far better.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! I agree, a friendly face and a pleasant greeting can make all the difference in the world.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

our room with a king sized bed was comfortable & just the right size for 2 people. the newly renovated motel was clean and looked nice. the staff was pleasant. we always turn the fan on in our room to reduce noise & this worked wonderfully-we weren't disturbed by any other guests. the breakfast was what we expected-the usual cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruits that you would expect for travelers. although I didn't use it, they had a computer available for use. we got our money's worth in comparison to motel that charge twice as much for what we got here.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - Airport? Share your experiences!