“Horrible experience and unprofessional staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Pennsylvania Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46280 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Carmel, Indiana
“Horrible experience and unprofessional staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

During November 2012, I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Around 10:00p.m.the people next door began to party. There was loud music, loud talking, and banging on the walls. I literally thought they were coming through the wall. Around 1:30 a.m. I called front desk to ask them to quiet the noise. I was TOLD THIS IS NOT THEIR PROBLEM. About 3:00 a.m. I decided to call Carmel police y department. They appeared at the scene and the noise ceased for about 4 hours. Yes! The people next door began partying again around 8:00 a.m. I had made reservation for 2 days, I immediately woke up and located another local hotel and canceled my last night stay with this hotel. On my way out, I spoke with front desk clerk, who told me the people next door were deaf. The staff never offered to give me another room to get away from the noise or compensate me for restless night of sleep. Due to the poor service, I decided to call the hotel back and speak with the general manager. I was promised award points to compensate me for a future stay at the Holiday Inn. Four weeks later, I checked to see if the rewards points were applied to my account and they were not. I called the hotel to inquire and still felt like I was given the run around! Don't waste your money or time at this location

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Trip Advisor member,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to compose your review. We would first like to apologize for the inconveniences and reports of noise you have mentioned in your review. After making myself aware of your experience I have found that we did issue a refund for your stay at the time of departure and your credit card was refunded, we apologize if this information was not communicated to yourself. Additionally we have issued 10,000 PC points to be added to your rewards account. If you would like to discuss this matter further with myself I would be happy to be of assistance. I can be reached directly at (317) 574-4618 as, I would love the opportunity to earn your business back.

We appreciate you spending your business with us, enjoy your holidays!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everything was nice and tidy and my room was very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I had a great breakfast in the restaurant and the waiter I had was so awesome. Had a wonderful time staying here and would definitely stay again. The price isn't bad either. Met my needs since we were only staying a night and we all enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service staff was so helpful.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I stayed here for the long weekend after Thanksgiving Day. Our room was clean and comfortable. Awesome bathroom amenities (Bath and Body Works!!). The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The highlight of my stay had to have been Blaine, who works in the restaurant. This young man went out of his way to take excellent care of not only us, but all the tables he was serving. He was the perfect combination of professional, as well as warm and friendly. Since he and my son are roughly the same age, I asked him for suggestions on things to do in Indy. He gave us several, most of which we did. The next morning, he asked what we had decided to do and if we had enjoyed it. Great follow-up! Blaine is a shining star for the Holiday Inn in Carmel. I hope his management will pass on my compliments to him and let him know that it's true - one person CAN make a difference.

Trip Advisor member,

It is always rewarding to hear positive reviews that we can share with our staff. Blaine was delighted to hear your positive comments and that he could help make your stay in Indianapolis an enjoyable one. Your right one person can make a difference, we have a great staff that strives to create this environment for everyone.

Again thank you for your comments and for spending your business with us.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here in October and November while visiting our daughter who is a freshman at Butler University. We got the "Butler" rate which wasn't anything too special since the internet price was only a few dollars higher. On our first stay, our room was at the back of the hotel on the fourth floor. I didn't think we would ever find or get to our room. So, on our second stay, we made sure to arrive at check in 3:00 p.m. and I requested a first floor room. We were accommodated so the walk to the room was not as bad. The pool looked nice although we did not use it because of the amount of kids in it. We did use the exercise room which was ok - equipment seemed old and rundown. We got a King room with a fold out couch to accommodate us and our son. The rooms really aren't big enough to accommodate the fold out. Once the bed is out, it is right next to the bed. So, you have to crawl over the bed or rollout in order to get to/from the desk or that side of the bed. Not a good set up. The room and hotel were generally clean. There is still construction going on. BEWARE: they do NOT offer a breakfast with your room. If you want ANYTHING to eat, you must PAY. They do not openly tell you that when you book the room through the hotel. They told me breakfast was "available". Which it is but not free as one would assume since most Holiday Inn type hotels do offer that to their guests. Would I stay again? Probably yes since we now know what to expect.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor or you'll be hauling luggage a long way. Also, the "interior"...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with the travel community. We apologize that your room request was not fulfilled. Since your stay with us we have completed the remaining work needed to complete our renovation, we apologize if this caused any inconvenience while you were with us. To address your comments regarding our breakfast, you are correct we do not offer a free breakfast option. In the Holiday Inn Express brand breakfast is included with an overnight stay, this is something our full service brands do not offer complimentary. We serve our “Best for Breakfast” menu which is a heartier breakfast option.

Once again, thank you for your comment and for spending your business with us.
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at thsi property for the fourth time in over 5 years. I keep asking myself why I come back. The rooms are disappointing and are not a home atomsphere at all. Staff is friendly but it opnly goes to far. Restruant is open occasionally. You really can't count on anything other than breakfast. Meeting rooms are in need of updates also. I wanted to take a quick shower in my suite upon arrival. I turned on the hot water and waited and waited for any warn water. Called the front desk and maintance responded quickly but they were alsready aware of the hotwater problem. Hotwater take almost 10 minutes to show up once the faucet is turned on.

Room Tip: There is a lot of traffic noise in all of the rooms. Be prepared to leave the TV on to drown out the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Trip Advisor Member,

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to compose your review. I would like to apologize that you did not find your experience an enjoyable one, but would like to take this time to point out the changes we have made. Over the course of the past year we have completed a 3 Million Dollar guest room renovation to include, 32 inch flat screen T.V’s with HD channels, upgraded our internet network to provide a larger bandwidth with increased speed, refrigerators and microwaves in each guest room as well as the “Holiday Inn” signature bedding collection. Our meeting space also has some new features, these include new artwork, wallpaper and lounge seating in our pre-function space. To address the issue you had with no hot water, our circulation pump did go out, which caused us to lose water temperature. This equipment has been replaced to correct this issue moving forward.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts, we apologize that this stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Kyle the bartender is supernatural!! Ask him to show his many tricks!
He does card tricks, tricks with bottles of liquor, tricks with 3 mixers cups and 3 limes (ask him to show you this, you will be amazed!!)
Room is great, clean, coffee, soap, shampoo & towels. What more could I ask for?

Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our lounge does provide a unique atmosphere that is a great break from a long day. We are happy to know that Kyle made your stay an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for a week and the room was clean but obviously still partially under construction. Once the updates are fully finished with the hotel I think it will be very nice. The staff is the nicest I have ever come in contact with at any hotel. EVERYONE is happy and say hi to you in the halls and truly go out of their way to make the guest feel welcome. The only bad thing I can say about my stay is that there was a FFA convention in town (which is why we were probably put in a partially finished room) so there were young rowdy kids everywhere running in the halls knocking on peoples doors and running away at midnight. They are probably the ones that set off a fire alarm that woke up the entire hotel up at 3am. Other than that not a bad stay. I wish I got a chance to try the food because it always smelled good when walking by and was always busy as well as the bar but work got in the way.

Room Tip: ask for one that has been completely remodeled, use priceline for a better deal
Dear Member,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I must say I was proud to bring your review to our daily standup meeting to share with our team. We also addressed the noise issue you experienced so we can avoid this behavior with future groups.

Thank you for spending your business with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!