“Rooms and hotel needs additional updates!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Pennsylvania Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46280 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois
“Rooms and hotel needs additional updates!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at thsi property for the fourth time in over 5 years. I keep asking myself why I come back. The rooms are disappointing and are not a home atomsphere at all. Staff is friendly but it opnly goes to far. Restruant is open occasionally. You really can't count on anything other than breakfast. Meeting rooms are in need of updates also. I wanted to take a quick shower in my suite upon arrival. I turned on the hot water and waited and waited for any warn water. Called the front desk and maintance responded quickly but they were alsready aware of the hotwater problem. Hotwater take almost 10 minutes to show up once the faucet is turned on.

Room Tip: There is a lot of traffic noise in all of the rooms. Be prepared to leave the TV on to drown out the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Trip Advisor Member,

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to compose your review. I would like to apologize that you did not find your experience an enjoyable one, but would like to take this time to point out the changes we have made. Over the course of the past year we have completed a 3 Million Dollar guest room renovation to include, 32 inch flat screen T.V’s with HD channels, upgraded our internet network to provide a larger bandwidth with increased speed, refrigerators and microwaves in each guest room as well as the “Holiday Inn” signature bedding collection. Our meeting space also has some new features, these include new artwork, wallpaper and lounge seating in our pre-function space. To address the issue you had with no hot water, our circulation pump did go out, which caused us to lose water temperature. This equipment has been replaced to correct this issue moving forward.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts, we apologize that this stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Kyle the bartender is supernatural!! Ask him to show his many tricks!
He does card tricks, tricks with bottles of liquor, tricks with 3 mixers cups and 3 limes (ask him to show you this, you will be amazed!!)
Room is great, clean, coffee, soap, shampoo & towels. What more could I ask for?

Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our lounge does provide a unique atmosphere that is a great break from a long day. We are happy to know that Kyle made your stay an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for a week and the room was clean but obviously still partially under construction. Once the updates are fully finished with the hotel I think it will be very nice. The staff is the nicest I have ever come in contact with at any hotel. EVERYONE is happy and say hi to you in the halls and truly go out of their way to make the guest feel welcome. The only bad thing I can say about my stay is that there was a FFA convention in town (which is why we were probably put in a partially finished room) so there were young rowdy kids everywhere running in the halls knocking on peoples doors and running away at midnight. They are probably the ones that set off a fire alarm that woke up the entire hotel up at 3am. Other than that not a bad stay. I wish I got a chance to try the food because it always smelled good when walking by and was always busy as well as the bar but work got in the way.

Room Tip: ask for one that has been completely remodeled, use priceline for a better deal
Dear Member,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I must say I was proud to bring your review to our daily standup meeting to share with our team. We also addressed the noise issue you experienced so we can avoid this behavior with future groups.

Thank you for spending your business with us!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I happened on this property by chance trying to find a hotel near where I had late meetings. I'm glad I did. The property was obviously well kept; the staff were all pleasant and helpful; and the room was great.

I'd been traveling and staying in 2 other chains this same week and HIE was far superior to either of the others. The room was large with room to work, the right outlets for my work and charging, clean, and well maintained. The lighting was "OK", could have used some brighter lighting. The bathroom was a little tight, but had everything you needed.

I would recommend getting a room that does not face the highway; it's a busy interstate and there was traffic most of the night. They must have realized this as there was a white noise generator in the room. The only disappointment was the morning of my departure, there was no hot water. It was a cold morning - either something broke or all the hot water was used up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Trip Advisor Member,

We thank you for taking the time to compose your review. The staff here was excited to hear that our properties and amenities met your needs. During your stay we did have one of our boilers momentarily off-line due to mechanical failures. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the inconvenience this caused.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked on Priceline and were a little uncertain of what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and the room. The beds & linens were super comfortable. Loved the desk chair and the bathtub. We just lounged in the room and just enjoyed our relaxation time. I would have liked the hot tub a little hotter, but it was still nice. Would definitely return & recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words and feedback. There is nothing better than being able to relax, kick your feet up and unwind. Its awesome to know we were able to be your home away from home.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Was there last week for a bussiness trip and Kyle the bartender made the stay even better. We asked if the kitchen was open and it was not, but he went back in the kitchen his self and made me and my coworker a club sandwhch. KYLE ROCKS!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent review with us. We consistently strive to improve the guest experience, your valued feedback will allow us to do this.

Thank you for spending your business with us.
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel over a year ago and to my surprise they were now a Holiday Inn. (great for me as I get to earn my priority points). Same great people and service but completely new rooms! As a Dad of 3...the kids eat free program was welcomed. I work when I travel and really appreciated the new desks with pull out writing table (why don't all hotels have these?) It was a pleasant surprise to see that the rooms now have microwaves and refrigerators in them. As a four night stay guest, I used both. The beds are great at this hotel. I sleep very soundly... enough so that I actually talked to a manager about where to get one.

The hotel was good before but has moved up another level in my opinion. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, they have lots of choices with Courtyard view and two room suites. (I was in a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for spending your business with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!