“COMFORTABLE STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Kokomo, Indiana
“COMFORTABLE STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was our first experience at The Westin and we would definitely return. The price was very reasonable for the convenient downtown location. We specifically wanted a hotel that was connected to the skywalk since we were in town on a hot, humid, stormy weekend to attend a Colts game and do some shopping at Circle Center Mall. When I called to book a traditional room I was originally given a rate of $139 plus fees & taxes. J mentioned I had seen a rate of $119 on TripAdvisor and was immediately given that rate. That being said, I'm pretty sure that resulted in our "lovely" view of the asphalt roof and brick walls - haha! - but we weren't there for the view so it was no big deal this time. I also requested an early check-in and was told that we could check in around noon although there was no guarantee. We checked in at 12:30 pm quickly & efficiently. There was no line and at least 4 desk clerks on duty. Since we were staying to shop the next day, we chose valet parking which is $35 but we were told we could have our vehicle brought up to the drive and leave it there while we shopped. Very convenient and very appreciated. The room was comfortable although there were only double beds. I didn't even know that size mattress was still made! With a husband who is 6'2" and built like a football player, it felt a bit cramped. Even the 2 kiddos who had to share a bed said it was crowded (ages 16 & 11). I was expecting queen size beds which seem to be the standard in most hotels. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were not - very flat & past their prime. The bathroom was small, but clean and the shower had a wonderful showerhead. We chose not to use room service since the prices were crazy. Likewise, we did not take anything from the stocked snack/drink bar. Sorry, there is no way in heck I will pay $4.50 for a pack of peanut M&M's that cost less than a dollar at the corner CVS! There is a small refrigerator in the room, but no microwave. Check out was super easy and we will definitely stay at the Westin again.

• Stayed August 2014
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks for the great review and the great feedback about the room. We appreciate your comments and will make sure to act upon them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have stayed at the westin several times as this is our go to hotel when we come to Indy. This time fell a bit short due to some minor things. Went up to the room and found our door wouldn't shut unless we pushed on it until it finally would release and close. Not a huge deal.....secondly the toilet ran almost constantly and I had to reattach the chain on the inside I the tank that fell off every time the toilet was flushed. These are not major issues as can happen at any hotel but I expected the westin to be too notch as it has been on other visits

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback and sorry to hear about the door. We'll take a look at it and make sure it gets fixed.
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I have stayed at this Westin at least 5-6 times/year for the past 14 years and I'm amazed at how far they have fallen. I would think with the new JW right down the street that they would have upped their game but instead it's gotten worse. Checking in is a nightmare - with 5 people in line to check in, they only have one person at the front desk. The room keys rarely work on the first try, they never leave more than one towel in the bathroom, they never provide body wash… the list goes on and on. I try to stay loyal to Starwood, but I'm done with the Westin Indy, I'll be moving to the JW.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Our sincere apologies for the lack of attention to detail with your recent stays. We can do better and certainly will.
San Dimas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We recently spent three nights at this property.We were booked into a Executive Club level room, which meant nothing to me until we discovered that the wifi fee was $12. When we called the front desk to get the wifi password, we were told that the fee would be comped. Eventually a trip to the front desk revealed that I had was an Gold Executive Club member (evidently due the extensive traveling that I did for my work 10+ years ago.) Hey ho, that's a very nice thing to discover, but if there were other benefits to it, I wasn't told (like breakfast, access to the Executive Club lounge.) Aside from that surprise, the hotel is sited nicely with easy access to the convention center and Lucas Oil Field. The floor was quiet; only rarely heard noise from other doors/nearby occupants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thanks for the great review and congratulations on your Gold SPG status. A full listing of benefits is available at the SPG website. Enjoy your status, and enjoy the many benefits it entails.
Evansville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great for downtown events! Best stay of any hotel ever! The staff went beyond out of their way to help in every way they could! Very amazing service and staff!! Added bonus of having a starbucks in the lobby!

Room Tip: The deluxe or business rooms are very nice,.. all the rooms are nice!
Green Features: A/C control Tech to help save electric when not in the room,.yet it stays nice and cool in the summer! Also $5 voucher for each day you do not use house keeping!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful comments and great review. I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate your great feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Glenview
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for many years. It is conveniently located near the Convention Center. I enjoyed the renovation and lovely pool area / fitness room. Minor note: asked for extra towels (this happens every year), every year I need to remind them before it actually happens. I stayed for 6 nights and this was fixed by day 2. Downside? Room rates for next year look to have doubled. (I was asked to check back after Jan 1 and I might) For now rates are $380/night for a standard king room is more than we will pay when competitive hotels like the Conrad was showing $235 / night for the same week.

Room Tip: Fitness center and pool are on the 3rd floor. There will inherently be more hallway traffic and nois...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review and the feedback about the towels. We'll definitely make sure we get that taken care of for next year. Make sure you book early so you can get into the Gen Con block, the rates are very reasonable in the block.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were there for GenCon. The beds were the most comfy I've slept in- rivaling my own at home for a good night's sleep. The staff was very friendly and professional, easily handling anything we needed. The place is beautiful and clean- what you'd expect from a high class hotel.

It's attached via skywalk to the Convention Center, which is also attached to a mall, and it's got easy access to much of the downtown area- Great location!

The only issue we had was that we had upgraded for the unlimited wifi access in the room, and it was iffy at best. I'm sure that had everything to do with them being full of GenCon attendees all accessing their wifi at the same time though, so I really can't fault them for it- it wasn't a normal circumstance, as far as I'm aware.

Green Features: If you choose to skip housekeeping, you get a $5 coupon for foods in the building- Starbucks, Shulas, I forget what else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review and the great comments about the bed, the city, and our people. We love the best 4 days in gaming and look forward to it every year. Can't wait till next August

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!