“Will Be Back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Phoenix
“Will Be Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stay here every year for a convention because it's right next to the convention center (has a skywalk between the convention center and the hotel) It's not amazing, nothing particularly exciting about it, but it's a typical Westin. Nice beds, close to a lot of food and shopping.

The only real restaurant in the hotel is Shula's, which is fine but pricey, so we don't eat there much (too many other options close by). If you're going to a convention I'd choose either this or the Marriott next door, which is about the same but with more food choices.

Choose a room facing the Capitol or the Park (Capitol is to the north, park is to the east). The view is lovely.

Room Tip: Stayed here for years, never had a bad room. But rooms on the west side have a view of the roof or t...
Green Features: They do the Go Green housekeeping here, which is nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thanks for the great review and the nice comments about the beds and our location. We'll look forward to seeing you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and while we always received good service, this year has been exceptional. Kyle in particular has gone above and beyond our expectations. The genuine and friendly nature of Kyle immediately put a smile on our faces. He even went as far as to hand-write a personalized card for us due to our interaction with him while checking in. A simple gesture and thoughtfulness propelled what was already a good experience into a great one! I have already shared this story in detail with others I have known and have met on my trip. It continues to put smiles on people's faces...and all because of Kyle's genuine thoughtfulness! Thank you Kyle and thank you Westin for helping make our vacation better and more memorable.

Green Features: Without going into great detail, this hotel offers many environmentally-friendly choices and some of them benefit the customer with points or money vouchers.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for the very kind comments about your recent stay, especially those specifically mentioning Kyle. We truly appreciate his ability to create a great experience for our guests. Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that it helped fulfill your vacation.
Simpsonville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My first trip to Indianapolis was an absolute joy, due in part to my relaxing stay at the Westin Indianapolis. The central location put me within walking distance of everything: baseball stadium, museums, top-of-the-line restaurants, football stadium, mall and much more! The facilities were clean and well-stocked, including large meeting rooms with wifi access. The in-house Starbucks was an added bonus!

Green Features: Love the option to participate in the green program at each Westin location!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the wonderful review. Glad to see that we were able to make your first trip to Indy an enjoyable experience.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I made a fatal mistake and misplaced backpack with computer and passport during the checkout process. I discovered my missing backpack after I got home the next day. I called hotel management thinking it had been stolen. I was contacted by Hotel Security (Troy Davis). He did a lot of legwork including security camera review and he found my bag where I had left it. Great work all my mistake. It is a comebacker!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the great review and for the comments regarding Troy. Troy did make me aware of the situation and I'm glad it all worked out. You would be surprised at how often happens and we never hear back that the forgotten, lost or misplaced items show up back where they belong. Thanks for the follow up.
Fox Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed for only one night on our way to southern Indiana. We were both very impressed with the amenities offered by the Westin. Hotel was very clean and comfy. We will definately stay again when passing through Indy.

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for the wonderful comments and the great review score. Hopefully next time you'll be able to stay longer.
Lowell, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed at a number of hotels in downtown Indy and none compare to the Westin! Staff was very courteous and the hotel is beautiful. Very convenient to everything in downtown Indy with just a short walk. Be sure to walk up and down the canal just a few blocks away, it is a wonderful evening stroll.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review; we truly appreciate the kind words about the courteous staff and beautiful hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wyoming, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We loved everything about our stay. Clean and updated rooms. Awesome customer service in all areas. I needed something out of my car and they rushed out and got it for me. We will stay here again, when we visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
It’s so refreshing to see a review where the comments start out “Loved everything”. It makes reading and responding so much more fun. Thanks for the great comments and come back to see us more often.

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!