“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Dayton, Ohio
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This location was excellent in the heart of downtown! The service was wonderful and checkin was relatively quick. There was a convention going on while my boyfriend and I were staying there so it was nearly impossible to get in an elevator. It took forever to get on one, but once they were off to their convention, it was much less crowded. I booked a suite with my SPG points and got a room on the 10th floor. The room was spacious and clean with many ammenities such as a separate living room area, stocked mini fridge (you have to pay for that stuff), and an enormous king bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable! My only negative point about this whole hotel experience was the cost of parking. In order to park in the hotel's parking garage, you had to pay $28 for one night or up to 24 hours. It was crazy! Perhaps this is my inexperience in a large city, but I found that price to be quite expensive. Regardless, it was amazing. Since I am an SPG member, I received 15th floor access to their member's area which included complimentary beverages (sodas, water, coffee, tea, etc.) and light snacks (chips, granola bars, fruit, etc.) as well as complimentary breakfast in the morning from 6-10 am. Check out was easy and effortless. Again, the service was wonderful... when we got back to the hotel from the concert we were attending, we inquired about a pizza place that was open at 11 pm. Not only did they have options, but they had a page already printed out with the locations and phone numbers as well as a menu to one of the places. Great experience overall. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask to be shown a room that has a view of the capital building. It is absolutely beautiful, but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thanks for your great comments and the fantastic feedback. With regards to parking, we do offer rates which include parking, high speed internet access and breakfast. Our parking rates are very competative with the other hotels in our competative set, especially those in the heart of downtown and connected to the convention center, the stadium etc. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

753 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
riskmanager4u
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice business hotel that offers a walkway to the convention center and is downtown. Clean rooms. The bathroom is very small and looked a little dated.
Beds were great and it was very quiet. Keep in mind that you will pay $35 to park overnight in their garage.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review, we certainly appreicate the feedback. We do offer rates which include parking, high speed internet access and breakfast. Our parking rates are very competative with the hotels in our competative set, especially those connected to the convention center, the stadium and so on. Thanks again for the great review.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Spent the week here for business. Nice clean rooms and the service is outstanding. Carpet smells good which was surprising. I like to get down there to stretch my hamstrings and i always worry about the condition of the carpet. I was so surprised how clean and good smelling these carpets were. I would stay hear again in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad you liked our carpet, just wait a couple weeks and it will be brand new. Renovation has started and we are looking forward to an even better experience for our guests. Thanks for the great review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After a long car ride from Washington, DC metro, the wife and kids were taken care of exceptionally well. The staff was attentive, but not overbearing. The hotel is beautiful and clean, but not too stuffy for a couple of young children to have a great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I'm so glad we were able to take good care of your family. Its great to hear that they had such a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Solid business hotel option, with great location in Indy, near the convention center and the Capitol building. Service was outstanding, rooms are clean, and overall just a solid business hotel. Rates are also pretty reasonable, as business hotels go.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and great feedback. We certainly appreciate your business and the great review. We look foward to welcoming you back again soon.
Suring, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Westin and would highly recomend to all my friends and family. Timmy our dog was impressed also. We stopped there on our slow way back to Wisconsin. We will stay there again next year. By then they will have the outside construction done and it will look nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Glad Mom had a great time, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was pampered and taken care of in ways I did not expect during my stay. My room was beautiful and exceedingly clean, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and the bed was heavenly. Westin will get my business every time I'm in Indianapolis. In fact, I'm planning my next trip now based completely on my last visit at the Westin!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, and offer a great view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your great comments about the hotel and Shula's. We always love it when we get great feedback

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!