“Not overly impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
evansville, indiana
“Not overly impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

At first upon booking I was excited to stay here at this hotel for the first time. When we arrived I was asked if we wanted to upgrade to a suite level at no extra charge (previously paid extra for the club upgrade per an email I had received and the suite level was an option but chose not to because of the price), so I said sure and signed up for their award perks card. When we got to our room, we expected a view of "something" but all we had a view of was the vents on the fifth floor. No trash bags in the trash cans which I thought was odd. Anyway, coming back to our room that night about 9 or so we were winding down to get ready for bed since we had to be someone early in the morning. It was so noisy in the hallway for awhile and during the middle of the night the room next door was having a little too much fun. Loud, headboard or something banging against the wall and etc. Overall was not impressed especially after previously had stayed at the Marriott and had world class service. Surprised also no microwave or fridge. There was a mini bar fridge, but not for personal use but for items to buy. It was $5.00 for a single bag of M & M's, $4.00 for a can of coke, $8.00 or so for a miniature bottle of say vodka, crown royal and etc. I really had no interaction with the staff other then checking in which was fine. One Pro that I liked was that you could only access the elevator unless you had your door card.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to comment on your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Effingham, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I rarely sleep well at hotels. Had a great night's sleep here. Location was convenient to lots of restaurants, and a good walk to our event at the Fieldhouse. Pool area was outstanding-heated pool and non-slip floor. Clean. Stainless steel hottub so it didn't feel like a Petri dish like lots of hot tubs feel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank yoiu for the fantastic review and the great comments about the bed, the pool and our location. We love having your group with us and look forward to next time.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Westin Indianapolis feels like virtually every other Westin I've stayed in - clean, modern, comfortable with decent service throughout. It is a large hotel with a somewhat impersonal feel and I was a little peeved at being charged $35 per day for valet parking.

However, it is a great location, adjacent to the convention center (with indoor access) and easy to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium or virtually every other attraction and restaurant in downtown Indianapolis.

If you can get a room for less than $140/night it's definitely worth a try.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I love reading the word spectacular as much as writing it. Your feedback is truly apprciated and will be shared with the entire team. Thank you so much for you kind words.
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I attended to the SMRP 21st Annual Conference in Indianapolis and between the three options offered by the organization I choose the Westin.
It was a good choice. Rooms are very comfortable, beds are excellent including the pillows.
It was easy to access the Indiana Convention Center by the skywalk.
I made use of "The Green Choice" is rewarding to help to the environment and to receive something back in your consumes or SPG points.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
How cool!! Thanks a lot for your great review. Glad you had a great stay
Charleston, Wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Westin as an attendee at a national conference. I found the staff to be very friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was clean and the beds was one of the most comfortable I've ever encountered away from home. I got a great night's sleep that prepared me well for a long drive the next day. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there on my next trip to Indianapolis!

Room Tip: My room was at the very end of the third floor. Very quiet, yet a short walk to the pool & fitne...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for you kind comments about our staff our hotel and our great location. We appreicate the great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a night with my husband and 3 year old daughter. It was midnight and people were still walking through the halls, so noisy we couldn't sleep. We ended up leaving the hotel that night and just drove home.

• Stayed March 2013
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks for the feedback from your stay last March. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and will use it to make our guest experience better in the future.
Franklin, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel October 19-21. We absolutely love visiting Indianapolis as it is one of our favorite cities. We were in town for the Colts vs. Broncos game and decided to give the Westin a try. The hotel is extremely conveniently located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and Lucas oil. The convention center and Skywalk are very convenient and make for a great means of easy transportation without having to actually go down and walk on the street. Before I review the hotel let me preface by saying I have stayed at the Westin in Atlanta and it is literally a top notch five star hotel... so I was expecting the same from this Westin (Indy) which may contribute somewhat to my slight disappointment.
The Pros: The bed was extremely comfortable and made for a great nights rest. Very conveniently located. Extremely friendly service at the front desk, everyone was very accommodating! There is a Starbucks near the lobby which was great!
The Cons: The hotel was very clean however, there was trash left in our trashcans from the previous guests (not a big deal) everything else was very clean. The bathroom is small but the shower is very nice. You have to pay $28/day to park so when we left we had an additional cost of $56 for parking (which is ok considering we didn't have to pay to park at the stadium/fight for parking downtown etc.). Another downside to me was the fact that there was no refrigerator in our room; we had to call and request a fridge that was brought in on a rolley cart and sat on the floor.
Overall this hotel is a great place to stay if your just in town for a couple days. Great staff, great location, could use some updating, and could use some better guest room accommodations! Would probably stay here again!

Room Tip: There is construction going on so a higher floor level prevents outside noise. Great views of the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks for your great comments, we truly appreciate the feedback. As people will read in all the trip advisor comments, we are just starting our guest room renovation. The renovation will include new dressers, new electrical outlets in the desk and at the night stand, additional lighting in the bathrooms and through out the guest room. Every room will have a new refrigerator along with the mini bar. In addition, all the king bedder rooms get a new sleeper sofa which will create an additional bed for those who require that option. We are extremely excited that we are taking care of all the issues that people have with the layout of our rooms. This will all be a compliment to our great location and our awesome people. As with every other hotel in downtown, we do charge for parking.

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!