“Business Trip with Family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
USA
“Business Trip with Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I enjoy the Westin chain and this hotel lived up to their standards. It was clean, always a priority in my book, and seemed safe, you had to use a key card to access the elevator. I stayed on the top floor and the first night had an incident with the people in the next room (sounding like they were going to kill each other off and on throughout the entire night - except for the times when one of them would storm out of the room slamming the door). The hotel moved us to a new room and while my family pointed out the view was not as nice, it was super quiet and bigger than the other room!

Because it was a business trip we stayed on the top floor, the executive club - which I highly recommend, great extra services in the club lounge that help to make the stay more affordable, especially when traveling with family.

We dined a couple of times in the hotel restaurant - a bit pricey, but the food and service was great. While they do not do much on the kids menu - they were willing to 'create' a chicken and fries dish for our boys which they loved and very reasonable.

The hotel is connected by walkway to the shopping center - another nice perk, although you do walk down several hallways that are near parking lots and I was glad that I was walking with someone. So while, I would say the overall safety of the hotel and the walkways are safe, people should still use their best judgement and not be alone, especially at night or early morning. The hotel is also connected to the convention center and other area hotels. Basically in bad weather...you could walk from your hotel to the river (about a five mile hike) indoors between hotel, mall, and convention center - there are maps to guide you.

There is a food court in the mall and plenty of other restaurants that are within a short walk downtown - some just across the street or around the corner, and some a few blocks away. There is also a movie theatre in the mall, arcade, and indoor glow in the dark putt putt place.

There is a lot to see in Indy so if you are going on a business trip, consider taking your family as there is lots for them to do while you are working.

The only thing to provide as caution is that the parking fees were a little outrageous. The Westin shares a garage which is dark, dingy, and the parking spaces tiny. Parking is about $28 a day and you have to pay at the machine before you go to your car when you are leaving - a little tricky if you don't pay attention. I'm not sure how much valet is, but if I was traveling on my own, I would most likely do valet and pay the extra.

Thanks to the Westin for a great work and family getaway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so very pleased to hear that your stay was such a positive experience and thankful that you took the time to provide details of your stay to us. We value your opinion and couldn’t be more elated to read your kind words in regards to our hotel’s cleanliness, Club Lounge, location and safety. I do apologize for the initial noise that occurred on your floor, but I am happy to hear that our staff responded quickly and favorably. The city of Indianapolis has many activities available to individuals and to families and it is always excellent to hear that our valued guests have had the opportunity to experience the city and what it offers. Please know that we genuinely look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to host you and your family again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Indy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had stayed here a few years back and had a couple hitches so I avoided this hotel for some time. But my recent stay was very nice and I have nothing but compliments for this establishment. The room was neat as a pin the beds were very comfortable and the bath was top notch. I had left an item in my car I needed to retreive and one of the valets politely escorted me to the garage. We had a couple of sandwiches ordered up to our room and while pricey(which is to be expected) they were very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so excited to hear that your stay was one of a pleasant nature and that this experience was one that meets our standards as well as our brand standards. I do apologize for any “hitches” that you experienced in the past and I am very appreciative of your recent stay with us I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Thank You!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

While checking out I delt with Becky Casendino who assisted me with check out and a credit card issues. Nothing but quick and professional service with her. She showed dedication and great service and with a. Smile. Becky made my experience with Westin simple and wanting to come back and tell my employees

• Stayed April 2013
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so excited to hear that your experience was such a positive one! We are thankful that you have taken the time to provide us with the details of your interaction with our staff and that you are passing on the details of your stay to you fellow employees. We look forward to any opportunity we may have to host you again in the future.

Thank you!
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed there for a conference at the Convention Center, the room was clean, the hotel was clean, staff was friendly. Parking is expensive even if you self park, but overall it was a great stay and the location to everything downtown is perfect.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words in regards to our cleanliness and staff. We are excited to have had the opportunity to host you and look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to welcome you back.

Thank you!
Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Location is great, with a skyway/walkway to the convention center, proximity to downtown museums and mall, etc. My room was comfortable and clean, not luxurious, but fine. Breakfast buffet was excellent and reasonably priced. Attentive staff. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your comments in regards to our location, cleanliness, staff and food and beverage options. We are thankful for having had the opportunity to host you and hope to do so again.

Thank You!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was quite pleased with the Westin's conference set up. The food offered was excellent and the staff was very attentive to our needs. With regards to my hotel room, I was pleased as well. Not luxurious, but comfy enough. I'll be back!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We found this hotel through Starwoods and were very pleased. We stayed there during the Librarian convention and were probably the only non-librarians! The staff bent over backwards to get us a wonderful room and answer questions. They first place recommended to get a bite at lunch, Loughmiller's Pub, was right out their back door and was perfect. Between holding our bags to getting us to the nearest open Starbucks, they were there. I highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!