“Average Westin Experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
NYC
“Average Westin Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Traveled here on business over the Christmas holiday. The staff was quite courteous and the location is great if you want to engage in downtown activities. However, if I was simply reviewing the aesthetics and functionality of the room, then I was woefully unimpressed. The bathroom is dimly illuminated, with no direct light in the shower area (makes it difficult to shave etc). There were no easily accessible wall outlets for plugging in computer cords, mobile phone chargers etc. I had to crawl under the desk to reach the nearest outlet and nothing by the bed. Given the plethora of other hotel options in the area, I would not recommend this Westin to a business traveler looking for in-room conveniences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff and location and also appreciate you taking the time to let us know what areas of your stay that you found to be inconvenient and can be improved upon. Please know that we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays that you may have in Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were first put into a room that was pretty small with no clothing storage other than a small closet, so since we were going to be there for an extended visit we requested an upgrade. We were moved to a suite with a terrific view of the statehouse, which when lit up at night is stunning. The front desk staff was wonderful and the downtown location was quite convenient. The meal at a very large banquet for our group was less than ok, however breakfast in the lounge was very good.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words in regards to our staff, location and Club Lounge Breakfast options. I do apologize that you were less than pleased with your dining experience at your banquet function, but am very pleased to hear that the other aspects of your stay were above satisfactory and that you enjoyed the wonderful view from your upgraded room. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you may have in Indianapolis.

Thank you again!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

First off, this is my third stay at this particular Westin, and my second as a convention attendee.

For the past two years, the Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities has held their annual conference here. This year, we were traveling as a group of 18 for a disabilities awareness and service organization that I am part of. We had booked nine rooms, and some of the rooms weren't available right away, as our floor was also the Southwest Airlines crew floor shared with pilots and flight attendants. Most were available right away, and the ones that weren't were available quickly.

The room itself was comfortable and to Westin standards (I have stayed in several Westins over the years). One thing I like about Westin compared to other "business-class" hotels is their Heavenly Bed, which I think is the most comfortable out of the competition, and the Indianapolis location was no exception. New this year was a new version of the "heavenly shower" made by Kohler with a rain shower and handheld shower; I liked this new version better than the old dual-head setup. Wi-Fi was pay-per-use, but I used my smartphone exclusively, and AT&T's 4G LTE works very well in Indianapolis.

The workout facility, which was used by me and several others in the group, was very well-equipped. The hotel was also connected via indoor skywalk to the Indiana Convention Center and Circle Centre Mall (which has a good food court if you want cheap eats).

Of course, this review would not be complete without the service during the conference itself, as I stayed during a conference. Conference areas were clean and well-kept, water and pens were readily available at a special station in each conference room, and conference food (especially the lunch on day one and breakfast on day two) was very good (I didn't get a chance to try Shula's). For those that forget to make copies or need to ship something, there's a FedEx Office in the lobby. The staff was always attentive at every turn.

Overall, our visit to The Westin Indianapolis was excellent, and I hope that the Governor's Council continues to utilize this hotel in 2013.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you using your valuable time to provide us with the detailed aspects of your experience that you were pleased with. It has been such a pleasure to host you and your group in past years and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to continue to host you during future conventions.

Goshen, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed two nights at this Westin. It's close to all the downtown activities and easy walking distance. Room was nice, bed was very comfortable. I really liked the overhead shower. On the down side, the lack of wall outlets and there location was not user friendly. I sleep with a CPAP and there was a wall outlet located behind the mattress making it impossible to reach. Luckily, I travel with a surge protector and was able to use a wall plug about 8 feet away just reaching the limit on my CPAP cord. At the work desk, again there are no easily accessible wall outlets. In fact you have to crawl under the desk to use them. For those with medical conditions the room is not very user friendly.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words in regards to our location, rooms and signature Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. The satisfaction of our guests is of the most importance to us, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know of areas for potential improvement. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you may have in Indianapolis.

Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was in town for the Big 10 Championship football game 11/30/12. I don't like hotels with the electronic mini frig and if the $5 candy bar moves, you get charged for it. This hotel even had a couple more sensors on the desk for overpriced bottle water. In fact, all the plugs were occupied which lead me to charge my phone from an outlet behind the chair. Hence, I left my charger behind. I called a couple hours after check-out and Security went up to the room and found it. They assured me it would be there for me. My husband, who was still in town, forgot to stop by and pick it up. I called the next day and Security offered to mail it to me IF I gave him my credit card number over the phone (12/2/12 5:30pm). I was not comfortable giving my credit card number over the phone especially for only $2. I would be back in town the following weekend to pick it up. When I arrived a week later, the front desk clerk told me the computers were down and they could not locate the charger without it. The clerk took my address and phone number and promised to mail it to me. When the clerk learned that option was already offered to me by Security if I gave the man my credit card number over the phone, he was shocked and wanted to know the person’s name. [My instincts were right and the Security employee shouldn’t have asked for my credit card number.] The clerk assured me when the computers were running, he would over-night the charger to me. Well, another week has passed and I have not received my charger. I called today, and the front desk clerk (Emily) would not refer my call to the manager and instead forwarded the call to Security (the same people who wanted my credit card number) who did not answer the phone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very small rooms but great location to Circle Center Mall and Convention Center I would upgrade to a King Suite with City veiw.The Westin is a great place to stay. Always great service and clean rooms. If you are in Indianapolis and looking for a place to stay, I highly recommend the Westin.

Room Tip: King Suite with City veiw of Capitol
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for your comments regarding our location, service and cleanliness. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host you and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Verona, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My daughters and I stayed one night on a Saturday night while doing some shopping downtown. The location is just a couple of blocks from the downtown mall and restaurants. We were able to walk to most everything and stay out of the rain by using the Skywalk. Just a note I paid a few extra dollars for a room with a view of the fountains out front - but of course they aren't operating (is it because it is winter) would like to of got the money back on that one. Also if you are going soon, the pool is out of commission, I had one daughter who was disappointed. But I would stay again. The parking is in a garage next door - cost $28 for 24 hour parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and your daughter during your recent shopping trip to Indianapolis. We appreciate your kind words in regards to the convenience of our location and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during the renovation of our pool facility. The renovation has since been completed and is open for guests. Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to any future opportunity that we may have to host you again.

Thank You!

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!