“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
CHICAGO
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for a volleyball tournament. The hotel was fairly nice...not as grand as some of the other Westins I have stayed in. The corridors to the rooms seemed a little dark and worn. The rooms were a bit older, but my room was in good condition, and the bed was great. The bathroom was very small. I think all the rooms have flat screen TV's. The minibar food items in the room were ridiculously priced, and were sitting on sensors, so DON'T PICK ANYTHING UP or you will be charged! The lobby was nice, and the staff was very helpful. There is also a nice indoor pool and spa.

The best part was the location to the convention center and the mall. All are connected by walkways, so for us, it worked out very well. Lots of restaurants within walking distance as well. I didn't use my car all weekend.

We had a very good experience here, and I would stay here again, but the hotel could use a renovation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our location, lobby, pool and signature Westin Heavenly Bed and also appreciate your feedback about the areas of the hotel that you feel could be improved upon. We greatly value our guests’ opinions as well as respect the value of your time which is why we are so thankful that you took a moment to provide us with your feedback. Please know that we will take careful consideration of all issues raised in an effort to continually improve and meet the needs of our valued guests, such as yourself. We look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to welcome you back to The Westin Indianapolis.

Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We requested a fridge in our first room, which took them forever to bring. When they did bring it it reeked of rotten fish. So we called and asked for another one. We waited an hour for it then left to go to a concert. Six hours later when we returned we still had not got one and the nasty one was still there causing our whole room to smell awful. They switched us rooms and gave us another fridge which did not work at all. This rooms shower was broke, as were the phones unless you put it on speaker. The sheets were stained and we also found reeses wrappers in the bed that night when neither of us had eaten reeses. THe mini bar had someone elses old shrimp cocktail and leftovers in it. We did not even bother to complain about this stuff because everytime we tried to say something about anything they were rude and took at least an hour to get anything done. Our room temp alternated between insanely hot to insanely cold, back and forth, even though we kept it on fifty. Awful place. Will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me apologize for any and all inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. I greatly regret that you were displeased and that your experience did not meet both your standards and/or our standards. Please know that we will work to make any and all necessary adjustments in order to rectify all issues raised. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest comments that will assist us in knowing what areas we need to improve upon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Other than this hotel carrying the Westin name, it is a second rate facility. It appeared tired, slightly dirty and the room was small, dark and uninspired --even by chain hotel standards. My key wasn't coded, the bathroom toilet had a loud dripping sound all night long, the room was hot and stuffy, and, I didn't receive a newspaper in the morning despite repeated requests. My recommendation is to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am sincerely sorry that you were displeased with your experience at our hotel. However, I do appreciate you taking the time to provide the details of your experience. It is the honest feedback of our valuable guests that provide us with the opportunity to make improvements. Thank you again for your time. I genuinely hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during any of your future potential trips to Indianapolis.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am basing this review on the price $120 after taxes which I feel was very good for the date we stayed and the location of the hotel. This does not include the cost of parking (hotel garage $32) and any other incidentals. Watch out for the $4.00 bottle of water. It is on a pressure plate. One move of the bottle and you are billed. Thankfully we were tipped off about this from another reviewer and we did not have an issue.
The hotel is within walking distance to about everything downtown. We were in town for the Big Ten tournament. It was about a 10 minute walk to Bankers life field house which was great.
This hotel is home base for Michigan State fans it seems although other some other fans were present.
Overall the hotel seemed better than the last time I stayed here. The room we had was in nice condition and for the two of us plenty big. Bathroom is very small, room for one person at a time.
Overall the front desk staff was good. The gentleman that helped check us in seemed a little burned out. All other requests during our stay were granted and timely.
Pool is subpar for this class of hotel . Very small, the times we visited the kids using it seemed to enjoy it none the less.
The main complaint I have with this hotel is the parking. You must valet your car at this hotel and in order to get your car you must wait on valet to bring it up. During busy times plan on waiting a good 15 – 30 minutes to get your car. Please plan accordingly. The nice thing is you should not need your car if your activities are all downtown due to the nice downtown location of the hotel.
This is really more the norm for most if not all downtown hotels. Plenty of options exist in the area if you need other parking.
In summary if I would have had to pay more for this hotel my review may have been more critical. Since the price was so fair I give this hotel a 4 star for my stay.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This Westin Hotel is in the center of fine restaurants, the convention center and Lucas Field. The room was small, efficient and quiet. Access to the rooms is with your room key in the key slot in the elevator, not very convenient when you have items in your hands. The standard-size beds are small and not as comfortable as advertised...opt for the KS room. Westin has a member's point bonus program where you get an extra 500 points if you skip having your room cleaned, bed made and fresh towels everyday...questionable value.

Great wine bar at the Conrad Hotel, two blocks from the Westin...wines from all over the world, decent pricing.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Overpriced. ($32 to overnight park in Indy in the Westin garage - really? really? are you kidding me), Club level floor (15) with club access. Tiny bathroom. No counter (sink only). The electric outlet was on the wall behind me which made it impossible to use a blow dryer/curling iron and look into the mirror. I was rationed on towels/washcloths - lucky to get 2 of each. I was only at this hotel because the Hyatt wasn't available and this was right next to the property. Last time I stay at this Westin - and may be the last Westin ever..

St.Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Excellent location with enclosed walking bridge to convention center. Upgrade for Platinum member was not available and room I received was quite worn and dated. Still I would stay here again just for the location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Dear Bill
Thanks for taking the time to write your review from your recent stay. We all appreciate the fact that you took the time to do that and that you had good things to say about the hotel and our location. As a Platinum, we also appreicate your continued loyalty. My apologies for not being able to accommodate the upgrade and will do our best to make that happen next time you come in. Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact me and let me know when you are going to be back in Indianapolis. We will do everything we can to make your stay perfect.

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!