“Service was phenomenol” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

You added The Westin Indianapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Service was phenomenol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I fell outside of the hotel at the end of the drive. I couldn't get up immediately and a bellman named Gerald ran to help. Not only did he pick me up, but he walked me in holding my arms. He was a very humble and kind man. Once inside everyone was very accomadating.
I have stayed in this hotel many times. The service has always been good, but this was above and beyond.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed at the Westin for the Women's Big Ten Tournament. Every staff member went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and that our stay was a good one. The room was spacious and clean. The location downtown is within walking distance to many restaurants and shops and the mall.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoopeston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I love this hotel! We were in Indy for a race at Lucas Oil and were within a few minutes walk to the stadium. Great location!
The room was great! We were in room 1008 which had an awesome view of the Capital Building. I had read reviews that it was has a small bathroom but I didn't think that at all. I was very satisfied with the size of the bathroom and the room.
We didn't use the parking at the hotel because there is a garage on the other side of the Marriott that was half the price.
I was very happy with this hotel and I would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I liked the Westin. It was a little walk to get to the good restaurants, but overall nice. Starbucks coffee in the room, as well as a Starbucks in the lobby. Check in was easy, and I had a nice room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
NE Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Overall a good stay. You have to pay for parking on top of the room. The desk staff wasn't really on top of things and the hotel is showing it's age. Overall a nice stay and very close the everything downtown.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

It was my first time at a Westin in Indianapolis and I was a bit disappointed.

Lets start off on a positive note though, the rooms were nice! Comfortable bed and clean! The food at Shula's was also delicious! I would definitely recommend Shulas!

The big draw back was the internet. I was traveling for business and needed to send a few emails. The internet in the rooms was not free which is totally standard and understandable. Since I only need to do a few things I decided just to walk down to the business center only to find out that it was just like an internet cafe! .49 per minute 3 min minimum! You are kidding right?

Not only am I paying close to $200 per night but there is not internet and no breakfast. Sorry Westin but that was a bust!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Feb 2011 - Indianapolis, massive ice storm. I was stuck downtown and not able to get home and my company put me up in the hotel for one night so that I could get some rest. I work nights and had a 2 day reservation so that I could sleep during the day.

Arriving at the hotel is what is expected, nice lobby, nice staff. Check in was okay and quick. Like others who reviews this hotel, I did have problems with the room and stay.

First, the cordless phone did not work. But there was a corded phone there and it worked. Everything cost, I was scared even to sit on the bed, wasn't sure if there was a surcharge. Water $4.00, candy bar $5.00...wow.

Well the bed was comfy, lots of pillows, but I could hear everything that was happening in the room next to me, the TV, the water running, the toilet flushing. I figured since I got there in the morning (to sleep all day) that it would end soon....I was wrong. I heard all of housekeepings duties, heard door's opening and closing, heard people talking in the halls, heard loud bangs. The rooms do not have a nice loud A/C or heater to drown out the noise. Needless to say, I did not sleep well during the day. But I figure most people sleep at night so the noise probably not so bad then.

Like other people, I found the bathroom extremely small, lots of mold and rust in the bathroom, but it didn't keep me from using the facilities. Just if you are a large person, don't expect to get in the bathroom and close the door.

If you plan on staying here, high speed internet is $10.00 per night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. Please accept our apologies for the fact that you had trouble sleeping during the day. In hind site, we probably could have done a better job putting all the day sleepers that we accommodated during the ice storm in a more centralized area, but with the short notice and the amount of arrivals at the same time it got away from us. We do appreciate that you took the time provide feedback.

Been to The Westin Indianapolis? Share your experiences!