“Club Lounge” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Club Lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My experience with Ms. Tamera Page, the attendant in the lounge during the evening has been awesome. She treated me like a queen. She always checked with me to make sure that I had whatever I needed; ie. water, ice, drinks, food, napkins, etc. and to clear the table when I finished. She helped to make my expericence the best that I have ever had at any hotel. She always served/helped with a smile and a thank you. She even open the door for me and thanked me for using the lounge when I left. She helped to lift my spirits and made me feel at home. She went above and beyond what is considered normal service. Also, I noticed that she gave the same extraordinary service to all the customers in the Club Lounge. She kept the lounge clean and tidy. I plan to come back again because of Ms. Page and I hope she will still be here. She is the type of employee who should be an example and or trainer for other employees. Thank you for a great stay. Kathy Jo Adams

Room Tip: I recommend a room that allows travelers to use the Club Lounge, especially when Ms. Tamera Page is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We truly appreciate your great comments about Tamera and our Club Lounge! We will be sure to share them with her. We hope to see you back in the very near future.

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Second time at this property, really love the location. (last visit was pre-remodel a few years ago, so a few things have changed)

This time was for a girls' weekend, which is perfect since the Sheraton is linked to the Fashion Mall. We got off to a rocky start - I arrived to find that my reservation was missing. We are SPG Platinum members and had used points/suite upgrade to secure a double suite, which has to be done through Starwood and not the individual property. Starwood booked me at the wrong hotel; however, the staff bent over backward to accommodate me and within 15 minutes, had a suite ready. (Starwood later gave us extra points as an apology for the mistake, which was very nice.)

Our suite, a double queen, was very clean, bright and nicely appointed. The beds were super comfy, the bathroom was large (a must with 3 ladies and all of our beauty products!) and the toiletries provided were really quite nice. The living area was large enough for the three of us to spread out and chat into the wee hours. We also had a refrigerator and microwave, handy for storing/reheating dinner leftovers for a midnight snack. ;-)

The Club Room offered tasty hors d' ouevres in the evening (skewers with artichokes, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives and cheese; surprisingly tasty mini quiches, a nice selection of cheese and fruit, assorted sodas and a good selection of wine) and a very nice breakfast spread the next morning. (Scrambled eggs, oatmeal, potatoes, cereal, pastries and juices). I didn't expect this at a Sheraton - a nice surprise.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful - the concierge was super helpful in securing a table for us on the super-busy night-after-Valentine's-Day dinner rush and front desk personnel were quick to help with questions about mall hours, sending up extra blankets, etc.

This is a great place for families or friends to come, hang out and do some shopping. The location is fabulous for dining out/shopping and the vibe is very clean and casual.

Room Tip: Club Level was very quiet - worth the extra $$ if you need a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We are excited to hear that you love our location and hotel! We are glad that you were able to experience our club lounge during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty and feedback. We hope to see you soon on a return trip.
Grayslake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was recently remodeled and it looks great inside. All furniture and carpet is new. Staff was really great. Service at restaurant was slow. As other have noted the hotel is connected to a mall and the food court there has a good selection of fast foods that offer healthy lunch selections.

Room Tip: Most rooms are overlooking large parking lots. Not much of a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, It is great to hear that our staff was great during your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about all of our recent renovations. We will relay your comments about our Cafe to our appropriate team members to help better assist our customers in the future. We hope to see you back again in the very near future.
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nicely renovated, beautiful lobby/bar area.

Pros: Free Wifi in Lobby with Tv's, computers, and lounge area. Connected to a mall with Cheesecake Factory, the area is surrounded by nice restaurants, shopping, movie theater, very central location. Only about 15 minutes from Downtown Indy (children's museum etc). Upon arriving our room was clean, nothing out of place, standard cable channels etc. Bathrooms were nice, with 2 shower heads, newly remodeled. Love their Mandarin-Mint Shampoo and Conditioner! ;) Bed is really comfortable, super important!

Cons: We were on 4th floor right above pool area and could hear loud children. The pool closed at 11pm, so it wasn't really too late, but for a business traveler that may cause an issue. Wifi in your room is an additional $10, not included in room price. No refrigerator, so no way to keep our left over food from dinner and cheesecake. Weird parking for hotel. Low water pressure in shower, even though the shower was beautiful it was ruined by lack of water pressure.

Even though I have a few gripes, overall I would rate this experience a 4 Star because the items of importance to me were met. Clean, comfortable bed, and great location is at the top of the list.

Room Tip: I would personally stay on 5th floor or higher (or rooms not near pool) if you need/like silence. C...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay with us overall. We will share your feedback with our teams to better serve our customers in the future.
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A year or so ago, this hotel underwent renovations. Part of that was to turn the suites into residences. This took away a good number of rooms that were suites. Being a Lifetime Platinum SPG member, I would always get upgraded to one of the suites, and, since the Club Lounge was closed on weekends, a hot, buffet breakfast at the restaurant. Club Lounge is now open on weekends, so the 'hot' portion of the breakfast is oatmeal or eggs. I sure miss the meats and fruit.

We had glasses sitting on the floor outside our room when we checked in. They were still there when we checked out. The exterior of some of the the room doors seem worn and somewhat damaged. We went with another family on this trip, so we had two rooms. The water pressure in their shower was so low, that they had to use ours. I mentioned that to the front desk when we checked out and all I got from them was "You should have called us - we would have sent someone up." We were leaving for a musical competition, so we didn't want to wait for someone to get there.

The Sheraton rating also went from a Category 2 to a 3. That means more points for a free stay. So, for a higher cost (or more points), I get a smaller room and a lesser breakfast.

The hotel is connected to a mall with several good restaurants and a Cheesecake Factory. The suites used to have a refrigerator, but my last room didn't, so I couldn't bring a piece of cheesecake back to the room

Still a nice property, but not what it used to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to first Thank You for being a loyal member of Starwood Hotels and Resorts and we truly appreciate you staying with us. As you mentioned our hotel has had some major changes over the past few years. We have extensively renovated all of our hotel rooms, meeting space, public spaces, and converted some of our hotel rooms into a residential component. I appreciate your feedback and will share the defects you mentioned with my team to ensure a continued effort on our customer service. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Indianapolis again you will give us another opportunity. If availability permits, we would love for you to stay in one of our newly renovated suites.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at this location w/ my husband and two children after a great day at the children's museum. Hotel is attached to fashion mall one of the reasons why we chose this location. Had a double room on 4th fl, my mom and sister had another room next door. Found both rooms to be very dusty to the point of sitting down and upon getting up your black pants were covered with it.
Tried to dine at the Cheescake Factory but w/ a 2 hour wait we walked back to hotel and went to hotel restaurant, service here was so slow and in attentive. We were there 1/2 hr before they took our order. Did I mention their were only 3 other tables occupied in the place.
When checking in I signed up for star woods preferred program and was told breakfast would be free. Next morning we went to breakfast and presented my card and was still charged 13.95 per person.
I was told I must not of signed up correctly, I told the restaurant the front desk signed me up upon checkin.
My advice eat somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. What you experienced is definitely not our standard of service. We will continue to focus on your feedback to better improve on our services. We hope to see you again on a future stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Being a platinum member of SPG, one of the nice perks is being able to enjoy the suite. The staff is very nice and welcoming. Tamera was so accomidating in the suite. It was freshing to feel so welcomed, while being away from home. The hotel is clean, has great food, and the service is outstanding! I would highly recommend staying here while in the Indy area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with Tamera and the rest of our staff. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotels and look forward to your return trip.

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing? Share your experiences!