“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #84 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
lanative13
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stayed for 6 nights at the hotel for a conference at another Indianapolis hotel. It did the job - clean, friendly staff, nice club floor (hallways weren't that nice, but rooms and club room were well appointed). The gym was clean and had flat panel t.v.'s.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed here for a weekend for my wedding (we stayed with family here and got ready and did our pictures downtown, and had the wedding on the south side of Indy). It's a nice hotel, but pricey. Parking is $23 self-park, $25 for valet daily to begin with. We got the room for $80/night on Hotwire, but the regular rates are over $200. The rooms are pretty tiny with standard sized bathrooms. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are either way hot or way cold as usual. The view was pretty cool though. The service was nice until we left and had problems with random charges on our room, then the ladies on the phone were gruff and mean. The location is awesome and within walking distance of nearly everything - very cool staying right on the circle. My family from the boonies of Michigan seemed impressed. It was clean and nice, but very pricey for everything from internet to the crappy buffet breakfast ($12 for hard eggs). And $5 bottled water in the room. Lovely! Starbucks is in the lobby though which was nice.

Overall, it worked out great for our needs and the price we got, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again since it's way overpriced for what you get, and the service we got while trying to fix charges on the phone was less than helpful. I would recommend it to people ONLY if they booked through a site like Hotwire and got a deal, and wanted a downtown experience. Otherwise, the Holiday Inn Express offered the same kind of amenities and more exceptional service for less.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I am sitting in my room sweating as I type this. It's warm outside and the AC in my room has been cranking full blast since I arrived to no avail. It's blowing out room temperture air, about 75 degrees, I'd say, even though I have it set to 50, now, in an attempt to cool it off in here. Room service overcharged me. The menu said 99 cents for a soda. They charged me $3, quite a difference. The front desk had my reservation screwed up. I had booked a special rate where your second night is equal to your birth year. The clerk couldn't figure out how to do it. The rooms are tiny, too. The front desk clerk barely spoke to me, even though I was the only guest checking in for miles. She could have at least smiled or acknowledged my existence. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Good amenities, rooms are great, sleep number bed also is a huge plus. Lobby and restaurant are pleasing and food and drinks are well within walking distance

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Upon arrival one of the two rooms we booked was not ready, even though we arrived late for check in. The personnel were very friendly and accommodating in view of this. When we went up to the room it was very well cleaned, so we were pleased. We called to request a refrigerator and one came within 10 minutes. Every need we had, and in view of it being a busy weekend because of the basketball tournament, they met speedily. That evening however when going up to our room, myself and my cousin had the elevator break down with us in it! We had to wait an hour and a half for maintenance to arrive and open the doors. The second mishap was the fact that we had neighbors that thought we talked to loud. Keep in mind, there was no party, no music, in fact we didn't even watch TV! They called the front desk and had someone come knock on our door, then they proceeded to bang on our wall, then lastly they slipped a nasty note under our door. It really put a damper on our socializing.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I think this Sheraton hotel is a very good price for the quality that you receive. The room was in very good condition and very clean. I was very impressed with the staff that seemed to be everywhere. They were very accommodating and friendly. I thought that the hotel was perfectly located in the downtown area. I never used a taxi or rented a car because I was within walking distance to everything downtown (mall, restaurants, museums, and more). There is a Starbucks connected to the lobby of the hotel. There is also Starbucks in your room that you can make yourself, but not quite as good as the store brewed coffee. This is a full service hotel. One night I was looking to go get a bite to eat and it was raining. The bellhop immediately noticed I didn't have an umbrella and got one for me to use. He also gave me "drier" directions to get to the mall so I wouldn't get as wet. The bed was covered in nice crisp linens and was very comfortable. This is an older hotel that obviously has been renovated. I had one small complaint. The water temperature was not consistently hot when I took a shower.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Stayed here on SPG points for the Big Ten Tournament. Hotel staff was top notch! We had two suites that were right next to each other. Check-in was a breeze and the hotel was packed. TV's in one room didn't work, placed a call to the front desk within 5 minutes maintenance was up there and had the tv's running. Another time we needed more towels, called and they were promptly delivered. Needed a bellman for luggage - readily available. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. They were extremely efficient and very friendly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!