“Great View From the Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #82 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
San Diego, California
“Great View From the Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

In the middle of Downtown, and with a good pair of walking shoes, everything is within walking distance. Lots of restaurants, Historical sites, and fun.
I recommend the Civil War Museum, A tour of the Stadium, and a walk of the canal

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the monument or canal.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear ItsNever2L8,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that you had such a great and positive visit!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location! We pride ourselves in being so close to great local attractions and amazing historical monuments that offer breathtaking views from our property! I hope you had the chance to take advantage of this great feature during your stay!

Thank you again for your review! I hope that you return to stay with us again soon!

William Seitl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This hotel is in the middle of everything downtown. You are within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. The hotel is gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear mdlove1966,

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review regarding your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience during your visit!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service from our great staff, our convenient downtown location, and recently refreshed guest rooms! I will be sure to let our staff know that their hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed. We also pride ourselves in being so close to great attractions and monuments that offer breathtaking views! I am happy you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your review! I hope you return to stay with us again soon!

New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I booked the nicest, most expensive hotel I could find near my friend's wedding downtown with expectations for a nice weekend away, and oy was it a mistake. My parents stayed at the Residence Inn a half-mile away and had more space, a view of the canal, and air-conditioning for much less a cost.

Yes, during 90-degree weather in August, the hotel had no air-conditioning. There was no mention of this at check-in, so I guess they were just hoping I didn't notice. Finally called the front desk when my room got too hot, and they assured me the air would be fixed that night despite having caused problems all that week, and they offered a fan. Called back to say, whoops no more fans! When I insisted or threatened to leave, they showed up at my room with two fans, so they obviously had some left and were just trying to ration them for the angriest guests. Of course the air was not fixed during my two-night stay. There was no apology, no explanation, no discount to the bill.

The club-level rooms are on floor ten, half of which -- the ones facing Monument Circle -- are inconveniently located immediately above the outdoor pool, so you are privy to screeching children with parents who can see right into your room for most of the day. I ordered room service three times since there's no take-out nearby, but not once was the order entirely right.

In addition, the room wasn't especially clean -- stains on the sheets, my dog found some leftover trash on the floor. The bathroom door didn't really shut or open without some force and the toilets were for corporate bathrooms. It just looked a bit worn overall. Then, when a thunderstorm came, meaning most people probably wanted to stay in their rooms, all the tv channels went out.

Checked out without having seen or been offered a copy of the receipt. Would certainly look for another option next time.

Room Tip: Require a high-floor room if facing the pool side (looking at the Monument)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Wolch,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! I appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to better our efforts for a more positive experience!

I want to extend my sincerest apologies that you had such negative encounters during your visit. I am sorry for the uncomfortable temperature and lack of explanation, as well as your inconvenience of your guest room placement, incorrect room service orders, unclean room, television channel outage, and no copy of your guest room bill. Most of these occurrences were avoidable and completely unacceptable. While it could have been avoided, please do not hesitate to ask the front desk for housekeeping services, a copy of your bill, and corrected room service orders during your stay. I will speak to the appropriate staff regarding these matters to prevent these issues in the future.

I do want to offer an explanation of the lack of air-conditioning. Because it was 90+ degree weather and the air-conditioning was being run on overtime, our system was not running properly. I do apologize for this inconvenience and that you didn't receive an explanation during your check-in.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you do return to stay with us so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!

Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Another year, visit to the crazy gaming convention, and visit to the Sheraton City Centre. And I realized a few reasons why we keep coming back to this property. One, if you have a car, the hotel's parking structure is below the rooms, and with a room key (and if you park in a close spot) you can take the elevator from your garage floor straight to your room floor without changing elevators in the lobby. SO convenient. Two, the staff is just so incredibly friendly and helpful . And three, the Management either actually pays attention to customer comments or thinks like a hotel guest, either one of which are good. I said two years ago they should invest in making their pool deck more of an oasis with a killer view--and they did it! Beautiful additions to the pool deck area. Great, great job, Sheraton. We'll see you next year if not sooner!

Room Tip: You MUST get a Monument Circle view room. Brings the best of "Circle City" right into you...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Bill O.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience during the 2014 Gen Con.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed two unique features to our hotel, the rooftop pool deck and our self-owned parking garage! We pride ourselves in having one of the only outdoor pools in downtown Indianapolis, not to mention the breathtaking views! I am happy you enjoyed the ease and convenience of having the lobby and garage elevators be the same! I am also glad you enjoyed the service from our great staff. I will be sure to let them know that their hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed!

Thank you again for your great review! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Second stay at the Sheraton in six years, and we're hoping to be back for 2015. We booked as part of the Gen Con room block and were very cheerily greeted at check-in and informed that they had a gaming room available for us on the lower level (we didn't check it out, but many did), and that they'd waived in-room wifi charges for the weekend. AMAZING. Though we were booked for a double, we were only two, so offered up ourselves for a king, which we got at 11:30 AM, helping us get on with our day. We were put on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor with a view of Monument Circle. Could not complain.

Room was lovely, bed was comfortable, and we loved the option to forgo room cleaning in favour of a $5 voucher for food. It covered our Starbucks coffee & breakfast for the weekend, but we could have used it anywhere in the hotel. Staff was friendly, never failed to say hello in passing, and the place was spotless despite hosting a ton of people - unlike some other hotels in the area. Ice on demand is a nice touch, but we'd bring/buy a cooler for it next time.

CVS around the corner is a great plus. Less than 15 mins to any event at Gen Con, but off the main drag, so not as busy. Lots of restaurants and takeout nearby. Will be first choice for next con!

Room Tip: 12th floor overlooking the circle is pretty sweet if you can get it. Great beds.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Nicole W.,

I want to express my sincerest thanks for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us! I appreciate your comments and I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience at this year's Gen Con!

I am happy that you so enjoyed your guest room that overlooked the Monument Circle, our signature Sweet Sleeper beds, service from our great staff, and our convenient downtown location! Our location allows gorgeous views from our guest rooms, not to mention being so close to amazing local attractions, just as you had the chance to experience!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was my second stay at the Sheraton City Centre Hotel, and I'm still a fan. My first stay was a year ago, and I wondered if it was possible that the same level of kindness and service would continue on this trip as well. I'm glad to say that nothing has changed - the staff continues to make you feel like they genuinely appreciate your business. The hotel rooms are clean and well-maintained, the pool is large and gets lots of sun, and large lobby area has plenty of room to spread out and to find a quiet place for a conversation. The location is great, with so many downtown restaurants within easy walking distance, and the trip to the airport was a breeze. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the Club Floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear John W.,

I want to extend my sincerest thanks for leaving such great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that your visit was so positive.

I am happy to hear that you so enjoyed service from our staff, our recently refreshed guest rooms, rooftop pool deck, and our convenient downtown location! I am glad you took advantage of the great local attractions as well as our pool deck! Because of location being so close to amazing monuments, they offer breathtaking views that are worth any trip to Indianapolis!

Thank you so much for kind review! I hope you return to stay with us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at this Sheraton for 3 nights during the MotoGP in Indy.
Location is perfect, close to everything.
I booked a suite (we have 2 kids) and it was much bigger than I thought. It was well decorated. The fridge was big enough for me to put all the kids snacks and bottled water I brought.

The service was fantastic. From when checking in to calling for extra bedding to the valets. Just fantastic.

I only have positive thoughts about this hotel and we are looking forward to go back next year. I would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bill S, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Chris_and_Gen_4,

Thank you so much taking the time to write such great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and had such positive experiences.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our guest rooms and service from our great staff! I am glad that you found the suite comfortable enough for your family of four, including having the refrigerator to store snacks and drinks in. I will also be sure to let our staff know that their hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed!

Thank you again for your kind comments! We look forward to serving you again in the future!