“Treated the Gamer Hordes Very Well” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #82 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Treated the Gamer Hordes Very Well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Second stay at the Sheraton in six years, and we're hoping to be back for 2015. We booked as part of the Gen Con room block and were very cheerily greeted at check-in and informed that they had a gaming room available for us on the lower level (we didn't check it out, but many did), and that they'd waived in-room wifi charges for the weekend. AMAZING. Though we were booked for a double, we were only two, so offered up ourselves for a king, which we got at 11:30 AM, helping us get on with our day. We were put on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor with a view of Monument Circle. Could not complain.

Room was lovely, bed was comfortable, and we loved the option to forgo room cleaning in favour of a $5 voucher for food. It covered our Starbucks coffee & breakfast for the weekend, but we could have used it anywhere in the hotel. Staff was friendly, never failed to say hello in passing, and the place was spotless despite hosting a ton of people - unlike some other hotels in the area. Ice on demand is a nice touch, but we'd bring/buy a cooler for it next time.

CVS around the corner is a great plus. Less than 15 mins to any event at Gen Con, but off the main drag, so not as busy. Lots of restaurants and takeout nearby. Will be first choice for next con!

Room Tip: 12th floor overlooking the circle is pretty sweet if you can get it. Great beds.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Nicole W.,

I want to express my sincerest thanks for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us! I appreciate your comments and I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience at this year's Gen Con!

I am happy that you so enjoyed your guest room that overlooked the Monument Circle, our signature Sweet Sleeper beds, service from our great staff, and our convenient downtown location! Our location allows gorgeous views from our guest rooms, not to mention being so close to amazing local attractions, just as you had the chance to experience!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

William Seitl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was my second stay at the Sheraton City Centre Hotel, and I'm still a fan. My first stay was a year ago, and I wondered if it was possible that the same level of kindness and service would continue on this trip as well. I'm glad to say that nothing has changed - the staff continues to make you feel like they genuinely appreciate your business. The hotel rooms are clean and well-maintained, the pool is large and gets lots of sun, and large lobby area has plenty of room to spread out and to find a quiet place for a conversation. The location is great, with so many downtown restaurants within easy walking distance, and the trip to the airport was a breeze. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the Club Floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear John W.,

I want to extend my sincerest thanks for leaving such great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that your visit was so positive.

I am happy to hear that you so enjoyed service from our staff, our recently refreshed guest rooms, rooftop pool deck, and our convenient downtown location! I am glad you took advantage of the great local attractions as well as our pool deck! Because of location being so close to amazing monuments, they offer breathtaking views that are worth any trip to Indianapolis!

Thank you so much for kind review! I hope you return to stay with us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at this Sheraton for 3 nights during the MotoGP in Indy.
Location is perfect, close to everything.
I booked a suite (we have 2 kids) and it was much bigger than I thought. It was well decorated. The fridge was big enough for me to put all the kids snacks and bottled water I brought.

The service was fantastic. From when checking in to calling for extra bedding to the valets. Just fantastic.

I only have positive thoughts about this hotel and we are looking forward to go back next year. I would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bill S, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Chris_and_Gen_4,

Thank you so much taking the time to write such great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and had such positive experiences.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our guest rooms and service from our great staff! I am glad that you found the suite comfortable enough for your family of four, including having the refrigerator to store snacks and drinks in. I will also be sure to let our staff know that their hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed!

Thank you again for your kind comments! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

westlake village, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

After a year away, I am a returning guest to the Sheraton City Centre in Indianapolis. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the attentiveness of the front desk staff and their eagerness to help in any way possible. It was a very busy weekend with MotoGP in town yet the hotel seemed prepared to handle the abundance of guests. When we arrived at our room I was shocked to see the rooms had a completed remodel! Everything is updated, modern and sleek. The bed, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper can't be beat and we slept very solid. The pool area also had new furniture and was quite inviting. The Club Lounge on the 10th floor for SPG members (gold level I believe) is well stocked serving a hot morning breakfast and a nice selection of hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon. Starbucks coffee is also served. The best part of the lounge is Dina. She makes you feel like she is waiting on you personally, removing dirty plates, bringing over a new beverage so you don't have to get up and in a non-invasive way just making sure you are enjoying your time while relaxing.

The hotel is located in downtown with marvelous views of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument and several high end steak houses and more simple fare restaurants all located within walking distance. There is a CVS at the corner which can be helpful but the hotel also has a nice sundries room if you need to pick anything up.

Once again, the hotel met all of our needs and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. We look forward to returning next yer.

Dear moneyplays,

I want to take the time to express my sincerest gratitude for your kindhearted review regarding your most recent stay with us! I am delighted that your stay was so wonderful and your experiences were so positive!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently remodeled guest rooms, along with our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed! The updated and modern furniture allow for a relaxing stay and our Sweet Sleeper beds are so comfortable and loved by our guests that they are even available for purchase online! I am also glad that you enjoyed the Club Lounge upgrade! Our guests love the complimentary breakfast, hor d'oeuvres, and Starbucks coffee, and I am happy that you did as well! Last, but I'm sure certainly not least, I am thrilled you enjoyed our convenient downtown location! We take pride in being so close to great local attractions and monuments that offer breathtaking views.

Thank you again for your great comments! We look forward to serving you during your next visit with us!

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a lovely weekend stay here for my birthday, but the service is what made this hotel exceptional (besides the great location and view!). I believe Brittany was the name of the young woman checking us in, and she gave us some great recommendations on what to see in the city. She also found out it was my birthday and gave us a top floor room with a spectacular view of the monument, a free appetizer card to McCormick and Schmicks where we had reservations, and she called the restaurant to let them know it was my birthday! Top notch service, for sure. The valet on duty was very friendly as well and lead us to our car when we forgot something. The room was clean and well decorated. We would definitely stay here again next time we are in Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear ElisaMJFox,

Thank you so much for your warmhearted review! I really appreciate the kind comments regarding your most recent stay with us! I hope you had a great birthday!

I am thrilled you enjoyed your special day with us and enjoyed our convenient downtown location and received excellent service from our great staff! I will be sure to tell Brittany personally that her hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed!

Thank you again for your feedback! We look forward to serving you during your next visit!

TOLEDO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is awesome!! From the valet services, to the front desk, to room service...the entire staff was great! The atmosphere was very comfortable and accommodating. We stayed in a suite with five ladies and there was more than enough room. I will definitely stay here again and again and again!!

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the club levels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Charisse J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind and positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that your stay was a great one.

I am thrilled that you experienced great service from our staff and enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms! I hope you had the chance to take advantage our convenient downtown location or see the breathtaking views from our 9th floor rooftop pool deck!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to serving you during your next stay!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had a lovely weekend here with our family. We had a suite with king bed plus sofa bed. It was perfect for our family with 2 teenagers. The room had microwave and refrigerator. A starbucks was located in the hotel--very handy. Great location in downtown Indy. We walked to Monument Circle every night. The room was very clean and everyone was friendly to us. We will be back. We had access to the club room which was handy for snacks and breakfast.

Room Tip: we were on a high level...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear tish43,

I want to extend my sincerest thanks for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience during your visit!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, so close to amazing monuments that offer breathtaking views from our pool deck and some of our guest rooms! I am also glad you enjoyed your service from our fantastic staff. I will be sure to let them know that their hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed!

Thank you so much again for your wonderful review! We look forward to serving you again!

William Seitl

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!