“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #82 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My opinion may be swayed, because of the awesome view, but this hotel is beautiful! The room was extremely clean, my only issue was the shower that did not drain properly. I hate standing in a tub full of water. There also were very limited channels on the TV, which may be minor, but as a business traveler hotel nights are the only time I actually watch TV. Overall, great stay and I would likely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear TopTierTiff,

I want to express my sincerest thanks for such kind words regarding your most recent stay with us! It warms my heart to know that you had a great and positive experience!

I am so happy that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location that offers such gorgeous and breathtaking views from our south-facing guest rooms and the pool deck! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms!

I hope you accept my apologies that you had some maintenance issues during your stay. We have maintenance staff in-house for 17 hours a day to respond to any issues our guests may be experiences, such as a slow draining bathtub. Please do not hesitate to call the front desk during your stay to report any maintenance problems! I also apologize that you were not satisfied with your tv channel options. I know how important it is to be able to relax after traveling, so I am glad you brought this to my attention!

Thank you again for your review! I hope you do return to stay with us in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!

William Seitl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ramsey, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a member of the SPG rewards group. This gave me access to the Club on the 10th floor and my room was also on the 10th floor. I had breakfast and dinner as comp to me. Also the 24/7 access for drinks, ice, snacks, etc was one of the other perks afforded to me.

Resturant Grill/Bar was O.K. Service was a little slow at times. Otherwise the service was adquate on a whole.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the monument have a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear William M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that your visit was so positive!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your Club Level Lounge access! With complimentary breakfast, appetizers, and all day snacks, it's a great upgrade during any stay! I hope you had the chance to take advantage of our convenient downtown location, that offers great local attractions within walking distance and beautiful views from our pool deck and some guest rooms!

I do apologize you were unsatisfied with your dining service. This is not the standard we strive for! I will share your comments with our banquet staff so we may improve our efforts!

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Location is probably the best part of this hotel. It is located in the heart of Indy, with tons of options for dining, drinking and shopping all a short walk away. I am staying her for a conference and normally stay at Hilton or Marriot properties, but I would consider staying again. The meeting facilities are good and the hotel rooms are pretty standard.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Mike G.,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind words regarding your most recent stay with us! I appreciate your time and I am so glad you had a great experience.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, so close to amazing monuments and great local attractions! I hope you had the chance to stay in one of our guest rooms that overlook the Monument Circle or visited the pool deck for some breathtaking views! I am also glad that you enjoyed our fantastic meeting space! With 18,000 square feet combined, it offers beautiful space for many different functions!

Thank you again for your review! I hope you return to stay with us again in the future! It would be our pleasure to serve you during your next visit!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

And this one is no different, however, it is much better than some others I've stayed in! The only reason I stay in Sheratons at all is because of the SPG points (I booked to late to stay at the Westin for an affordable price). My experience... the room service food wasn't particularly good. The check-in was incredibly slow. The door to the room was very direty (maybe housekeeping needs a raise or a better eye for details) and the room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. That said, the room itself must have been recently remodeled with very nice decor and had a lovely view of the monument.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear nwgirl70,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! I appreciate your comments and I will be sure to use them to better our efforts for more positive experiences!

I am very happy that you so enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms! They feature a complete furniture upgrade, a mini-refrigerator, and a personal safe! I am also glad to hear that you had the chance to stay in one of our guest rooms that over looks the Monument Circle. The view is breathtaking and worth any trip to Indianapolis!

I hope you accept my sincerest apologies that you are not getting the Sheraton experiences you deserve! Unsatisfactory dining, slow check-in, and unappealing room amenities are all avoidable and I apologize for your negative encounters. I will personally speak to the appropriate staff to make sure we avoid these issues in the future.

Thank you again for your review! I hope that you return to stay with us in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my first trip to Indiana. We stayed at the Sheraton. And we actually fell back in love that night. :) No hanky panky though, lol. But just having the view from our room of downtown and seeing all of the lights and horse and carriage rides lit up, that was a simple romantic night. There was a building that had different colored lights that lit up. It was so pretty to see. Although we did get the room with two beds, we used only one bed and we had a really comfortable good nights rest. The only complaint I have is that you have to call for ice to get sent to your room, and that's not always convenient when you're ready to eat and they never show up. But other than that, I would definitely recommend Sheraton downtown. :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear KayBryant,

Thank you so much for sharing your great getaway and leaving such kind words regarding your most recent stay! I am so happy you had such a positive and wonderful experience during your first trip to Indianapolis!

I am thrilled that you took advantage our convenient downtown location! With great views like the lit up buildings, historical monuments, and great activities like a horse and carriage ride, it is worth any trip to Indianapolis! I am also glad you so enjoyed our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed! I am happy you found them as comfortable as we do! Our Sweet Sleeper beds are so loved by our guests, they're even available for purchase online!

I do want to apologize that you were inconvenienced by our ice service. We removed the ice machines from each floor to reduce noise and to better serve our guests. By dialing 0, you can have ice up to your room within fifteen minutes.

Thank you again for your review! I hope you return to stay with us again soon! It would be a pleasure to serve you!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. Was very conveniently located in the downtown area, a couple of blocks away from the mall. Tons of eating options within walking distance. Also, I got some of the best sleep I've had in a LONG time in these beds!! Super comfortable. I would stay here again if I visited Indy.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Shelle B,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I appreciate the comments and I am so happy you had a great experience!

I am thrilled to hear that you took advantage of our convenient downtown location and you enjoyed our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds! We pride ourselves in being so close to great local attractions, including amazing historical monuments that offer a breathtaking view from some of our guest rooms and pool deck! Our Sweet Sleeper beds are so comfortable and loved by our guests, we have them for purchase online!

Thank you again for your great review! We look forward to serving you during your next stay!

St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was recently at this hotel for a week during a conference.
First, the good things:
Excellent room cleaning
Fantastically comfortable bed
Great catering of two banquets and a buffet
Wonderful staff that really tries to solve problems
Starbucks onsite
Conference rooms were set up as requested

Now, the not-so-good
Really slow elevators
Incomplete remodeling - doors still off entry to service areas
Good bartenders but very poor wait staff in the restaurant
Actually the slowest restaurant I've ever eaten in with indifferent food - eat elsewhere (and there are tons of options for every meal)
The two items above indicate a serious problem with kitchen management
Rather shadowy lighting in the suites.

Overall, it's a good place if you want to be right near the capitol, etc. Just eat somewhere else.

Room Tip: Nice if you can get a view of Monument Circle.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear TravelHarp,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We use our guest comments to better our efforts for a more positive experience.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms, signature Sweet Sleeper beds, catering services, and staff! Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are so loved by our guests, they're available for purchase online! Our staff strives to provide great service, whether cooking for our guests or greeting you at the door, and I am happy that their efforts do not go unnoticed!

I hope that you accept my sincerest apologies that you ran into unpleasant experiences during your stay! Untimely elevators, poor service, unsatisfactory food, and unfinished remodeling are all avoidable and unacceptable. We are in the last stages of remodeling and doors to the service areas were recently installed. Slow elevators are the result of a full house. Unfortunately, while we are happy that our facilities are being utilized, this also causes delays in our elevators. I apologize that you had negative experiences with our dining services. This is not the Sheraton standard we strive for! I will personally speak to the dining staff and address your comments with them. If you would like to expand on your experience, please feel free to contact me at your convenience!

Thank you again for your review! I hope that you return to stay with us again in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!

Best Regards,
William Seitl

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!