“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #80 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for a conference with several hundred others. Meeting space was cramped, food and beverage choices were all fattening and tasteless. Lobby was really loud, with Muzak drowning out conversations and phone calls. The rooms are dated, and furnished with chairs that are not tall enough to use a laptop properly. Lighting was pretty good in the room, and there were enough outlets but the chairs were like sitting in buckets.

I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Rob,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! All feedback is used to better our efforts for a more positive guest experience.

I hope you accept our sincerest apologies that you were not satisfied during your stay. This is not the Sheraton standard we strive for. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable, and I apologize that you were not comfortable or satisfied with your options.

We recently went through a complete guestroom renovation with updated furniture and added a mini-refrigerator and personal safes!

Thank you again for your feedback!

William Seitl, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night, The location is in a wonderful place. There are so many things to do in Indianapolis. The room was great but the bathroom was a little small. They need to spend a little more time vacuuming the halls ways to the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear hlyness,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay! It is always great to hear when a guest is so satisfied with our convenient downtown location! I hope you had the chance to stay in a room that looks towards the Sailor's Monument! It is a breathtaking view! I hope you also had the chance to take advantage of the great downtown attractions!

I hope you accept our apologies that you were inconvenienced by the size of the bathrooms. I will admit they are slightly on the small side, but the strategic placement of some of the features help to give you more room! I will also notify housekeeping of the hallway debris! This is not the Sheraton standard we strive for!

Thank you again for your feedback! Again, I am so glad you enjoyed our location, but I do apologize that you did run into some inconveniences. I hope that you return soon!

William Seitl, General Manager
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here during the 2014 Indy 500. It's a great location to stay at for race weekend because it's in the center of all the activity downtown. Great Monument Circle location to watch the Indy 500 parade from the pool area. The staff is very attentive. I even got a personal note from one of the desk agents making sure my stay was going good. Easy parking in the garage.

Room Tip: All views are good but having one of Monument Circle would be the best view. High floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear lwcjr,

Thank you so much for leaving us such positive feedback about your most recent stay! The Indy 500 was a great weekend and our convenient downtown location offered great spots to view the parade! We are so happy to hear that you had the chance to experience the weekend from our pool deck (the only outdoor pool in downtown Indianapolis!). I agree, the view of the Circle and the monument is phenomenal from our hotel!

I am so happy to hear that you had the chance to experience great service from our staff! I will most definitely pass on the word that their hard work is being recognized! It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay!

Thank you again for your review! We hope that you return to stay with us again in the future!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Sheraton located in downtown Indianapolis knows how to host! The staff was extremely warm and friendly, the rooms were completely beautiful, and it is perfectly located for loads of entertainment and fun downtown!

I don't think I have ever been disappointed in a Sheraton Hotel. They all seem to be thoughtfully updated, the gyms are equipped for a full body workout, and the rooms always feel luxurious.

I was fortunate to receive a room on the 20th floor. My room overlooked the beautiful war Memorial fountain/tower. My room was equipped with a refrigerator (always a bonus for a flight attendant who brings her own food).

Although the gym looked really nice, I decided to go for a run down the river canal. If you enjoy running outside, I highly recommend it!

I hope to stay at this hotel again soon! Even despite the busyness of the weekend (Indy 500/ Memorial Day), the staff treated each customer as if they were the only customer. I did not get the impression that anything was more important than me when it was my turn to speak with the desk representatives. They were quick to answer the phone, calm, relaxed, and upbeat! I think this speaks very highly of the management in charge of running and operating the hotel. Way to go Sheraton!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Courtney R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful and positive experience. The Sheraton strives to keep our guests happy.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room with a view, our convenient downtown location, and our courteous staff! It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay! We are glad you enjoyed being so close to amazing historical monuments and great local attractions!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Nashvi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband booked a room here for my birthday. We had a view of the circle. We had dinner and saw a movie downtown before walkign back to our room. We didn't take advantage of any of the hotel amenities - just enjoyed relazing in our room and sleeping in the next day. The bed was comfortable, our room was nice, and we loved the view of the circle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Melanie R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that your experience was so positive.

We are delighted to know that you took advantage of our convenient downtown location, so close to amazing monuments and great local attractions, and so enjoyed our comfortable SweetSleeper beds! Our beds are so liked by our guests that they are available for purchase on our website!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for the NRA show and while at the show an employee that works for the Sheraton stole $100 cash and a bottle of scotch from my room after they went through my suitcase. After complaining to the front desk and even to a manager I was offered "FREE BREAKFAST" for the next morning and told that they would check into in and get back to me. I've been gone now for two days and still haven't heard anything regarding this. Tolerating this is unacceptable, they didn't care that their employees stole anything, almost as though I was lying. I will keep posting on every sight until someone pays attention. My husband works for Frontier Airlines and this hotel is their crew hotel, there's lots of money to be lost by this hotel and they don't even care. My room was a disaster also and have pictures to start posting.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Tara H.,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! Do appreciate all feedback from our guests.

We hope that you accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable encounters you experienced during your stay. This is not the Sheraton standard that we strive for. We are currently investigating and reviewing the situation.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Best,
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting friends. Loved the location of the hotel -- could walk to restaurants, canal, zoo, stores. Perfect. Loved the staff -- they were accommodating, friendly and welcoming. The food in their restaurant was reasonably priced and tasted good, too. Adequate gym. They are in the process of renovating rooms. The only thing for me that would most likely prevent me from staying again are the beds. Great beds if you like sleeping on a slab of concrete. From the moment I lay down my entire body was in pain. The bed linens, comforter and pillows were fabulous but that mattress -- OUCH! No pillow top and no padding on top of the mattress. My body ached and my sleep was non-existent. Was so glad when I got home to get some decent and pain-free sleep.

In closing I will say that if you like an outrageously firm mattress with no give or, perhaps, if you have a younger body than me that can tolerate such firmness then this is the place for you. If not then you may wish to look around for another hotel. There are several in the near vicinity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator area as the sound carries down the hallway and people can be loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear nevera,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! We appreciate every comment from our guests and we take them seriously so we may improve your experience.

We are so happy to hear that you so enjoyed your stay! We're glad you took advantage of our convenient downtown location and gym, had pleasant experiences with our staff, and enjoyed our restaurant!

We do apologize that you didn't enjoy our Sheraton signature SweetSleeper beds. We do take pride in our AAA Five Diamond designed beds.

Thank you again for your review! We hope that you do return to stay with us again in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience that you deserve!

Best,
William Seitl

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!