“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #83 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for a night and was impressed! The room was very clean. The bed was super comfortable (I didn't want to get out of it). Friendly staff. PERFECT location right downtown Indianapolis. Monument Circle was literally steps away. Bars and restaurants were just steps away as well. I stayed there on a Saturday and walked to Lucas Oil that Sunday. If its freezing like it was when I went, you can use the skywalk. Next time I stay downtown, I will be staying at the Sheraton. I would recommend it to any friend or family member.

• Stayed December 2012
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear ParrotHeadRN,

Thank you for the recent correspondence that you submitted to Tripadvisor regarding the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience during your recent stay.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the friendliness of our staff. We’re also glad you took advantage of the convenience of our metropolitan location by visiting local restaurants and the Lucas Oil Stadium.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back next time to the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Abigail is an excellent employee. She treated my group as if we were family. We had a blizzard in the downtown Indy area. She made sure we all were comfortable with our visit. WE will be back here for sure..

Room Tip: Had no breakfast??
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Gino E,

Thank you for filling out a review of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Center Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are very pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide great service to you during the blizzard. Your comments will be shared with Abigail, who we know will be excited to receive such recognition.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed this past weekend and had a nice stay.

*The location is right in the center of downtown so you have access to all the restaurants and night life if that is your thing.

*The views are also very nice if you are lucky enough to face the circle.

*They are going through a remodel right now. I am ok with that and hardly noticed on our stay.

*Would stay again if I am in downtown Indy again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear RalphieSpeaks,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are pleased that you noticed the convenience of our local restaurants and central downtown location, and that you would definitely stay with us again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night here, but I thought it was excellent. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and they were able to give me early check in. Plus, the lady at the front desk was able to find me a room with a view of the monument, so that was a beautiful view, especially around Christmas with all of the decorations. The only negative things I can say are this: the bathrooms are small and the toilet is awkwardly build into the sink counter area. And, the parking garage (which looks like it could collapse at any moment) is $25 per day to park in (mine was paid by a third party thankfully). Other than those 2 things, I thought the hotel was wonderful overall. It is in a great location and I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Rabidliger,

Thank you filling out a review of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel a leader in excellence.

Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in early December for a personal trip. Friendly staff upon checking and throughout the stay.

Stayed on the SPG Preferred Floor with a view of Monument Circle, a big plus. The room was decent, but just an average Sheraton with nothing special. I stay at a lot of Starwood Hotels and nothing stood out about the room except the view. The sleep quality was ok and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. One towel had an obvious "stain" and it looked fairly fresh.

Overall for the price it was an acceptable hotel with a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Brian C.,

We really appreciate you writing about your stay at our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We are very delighted to hear that you were impressed with the wonderful service that our staff provided throughout your stay. That is exciting to hear that you were able to experience the great view of Monument Circle, it truly is a site to see.

We do apologize for the cleanliness of your bathroom. That is not acceptable and it will definitely be addressed to our housekeeping management.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that in the near future we can may accommodate your stay to what it more typical of our hotel.

New Albany, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I needed to stay one night in Indy recently. I did not want to pay a ton of money for a one night stay, but I also wanted a nice hotel. I found the Downtown Sheraton, and it was great. The value was outstanding. The lobby was very nice and welcoming. The front desk staff was very professional and courteous. The room itself was comfortable and clean. Everything was just fine. Are there better hotels out there? Sure, and I've stayed at all of them. But for the price and value, you cannot beat this location. The location is prime too, just off Monument Circle.

What really made my stay even better was the meal at Alexanders Bar and Grill. My original plan was to go to one of the "famous" steakhouses in the area. I had been to one before, but wanted to give it a second try. Due to the weather that night, I decided to stay at the hotel and eat at the restaurant. I was very pleased with my decision. The shrimp appetizer was perfect (and I know seafood too). I also had the crab cake, and it was absolutely delicious. Being a native of the Gulf Coast, I was very pleased with the seafood. I had the New York strip, and it was one of the best I've had. It was wonderful. My two gin martinis were made perfect, and not bruised (many bartenders do not know how to make a martinis, but this one did!). I had a couple glasses of Louis Martini Cabernet, and was also very pleased with the price, and quality.

Parts of the hotel are under renovation, but not a big problem.

Next time in Indy, my location is already decided: the Downtown Sheraton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
R D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your recognition of our staff is appreciated as we are sure they are thankful for your patronage. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Management
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I arrived late and was given a floor that had construction signs on the wall. Early the next morning construction started outside my room, waking me up. It continued throughout the day. The hot water seemed to be out because of this as well and I took a cold shower.
On a side note. During the winter months the heat is prefixed in the rooms. It is very hot, with no way to cool it down.
I do like the renovated fitness room and the location is central to downtown Indy.

Sydeye,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and are truly sorry for the inconveniences you had encountered during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our hotel. If you were subjected to increase noise levels we apologize. It is our intention to bring our hotel to the next level by making wonderful improvements. We hope this does not deter you from returning as we are confident that you will enjoy the improvements. Happy holidays and we look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Management
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!