“Comfortable and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

You added Omni Severin Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Severin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #14 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
San Diego, United States
“Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is in the heart of the city. Walking distance to all the major attractions. The hotel staff was amazingly helpful and courteous. The bed was .... well, let me just state, I want one but I may never get out of bed again. :-) dreamy!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Pros:
-well known hotel name
-nice lobby
-EXTREMELY friendly staff (way to go!)
-Starbucks in the lobby
-bathrobes in the room (love!)
-clean

Cons:
-Seemed like an old hotel that tried to upgrade certain things but hasn't gone through with a full reno. For example: nice sheets, but very uncomfortable bed (I could feel every movement my husband made); desk in the room, but not enough outlets (I had to unplug the phone to plug in my ipad); bathroom had a granite countertop but the shower had an older type shower head and plain tiles, not like the newer more modern showers you see in many hotels.
-The room was very small, almost like a NYC hotel
-The bathroom was EXTREMELY tiny, only enough room for one person
-Only two elevators, and one was broken the entire weekend
-minibar cabinets and a refrigerator but no food or drinks

I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
We’re glad you enjoyed the service our staff provided, but sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your room. We use Serta double pillow top mattresses in our rooms, but we are happy to move you to a new room upon request to see if another bed would be more comfortable. We do have two elevators per side for a total of four elevators at the hotel. One is currently being worked on to improve service and speed, but should be operating again soon. We apologize for the inconvenience while it’s out of order, but it’s an upgrade we need to complete to improve our elevator service. If you try other hotels in Indianapolis and don’t find one your prefer, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Overall the stay at Omni was great! This was my first time staying at an Omni location and the service was dynamic. I experience a minor issue with checking in using our corporate card, however the bellman "Harrison" and a gentleman by the name of "Gail" were awesome! The rooms are average, but the service and food at the restaurant was outstanding.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Indianapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've stayed at several Omni. The upkeep of this hotel is amazing and the stay is friendly but as soon as I tried to check in I knew something was wrong. First, my husband and I valet 2 vehicles (one being an oversized so it was more expensive). I find valet to be easier and do not mind the extra charges but upon leaving it took 5 minutes for my husband to get his car and over an hour for mine because they could not find it, I had to keep reminding them. We arrived at 4:30pm, our check in was at 3pm. The room was still not ready which is fine but they were offering other guests drink tickets and free valet. We were offered nothing... the lady blew us off. Finally, when we got to our room which was suppose to be adjoining to our friends, it was not... they on the other side of the floor and our room was small while we paid the same price as everyone else. We were connected to an executive suite (which we were there for a wedding and it just happened to be the bridal suite). We did not bother to say anything even though we called twice that day to confirm we had adjoining rooms to each other. Upon leaving, I was going to open the $7 bottle water and the seal was broken, I promptly reported it to the front desk at check out and he confirmed he would note it and we would not be charged but we were, $7 plus tax which would've been fine if the cap was sealed and the water did not smell several days old. Overall, I would not recommend this Indy hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The room we were placed in was a double queen. We chose the hotel mainly for the location (near a convention we were attending). It was a very beautiful hotel, with stunning city views!! We did experience a little hiccup while in our assigned room. The electrical outlet in the desk began to spark. The only thing that was plugged in was my iphone cord, so this happened spontaneously. It happened to char my daughters purse, which was laying on the desk at the time. We let the front desk know about the issue immediately, and they did send maintenance. Unfortunately, the only thing maintenance did was unplug everything from the outlet and he told us not to use it. The following day the same issue happened, so I requested to be moved to another room. They graciously upgraded me to a city view balcony queen. The view of the city was fantastic, and the room had no maintenance issues. Overall--a scary but satisfactory stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here to attend a concert about 30 minutes away. The hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly. We stayed in a deluxe King room, which had an extremely tight bathroom that could be a problem for a large person. Also, after leaving an outdoor concert that included many inebriated, loud people, the last thing we wanted to see outside the hotel was more of the same. Be aware that the hotel is surrounded by bars, including Hooters and Tilted Kilt, and these people were in the street around midnight when we returned and were very loud. We, however, enjoyed the hotel itself and the staff couldn't have been friendlier.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

FORT WAYNE, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

usually the best place to stay in Indianapolis but I got a handicapped room and I am not handicapped. It was inconvenient but I made it work. The professionalism, courtesy, and friendliness o the staf is always top notch and never disappoints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Severin Hotel? Share your experiences!