“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Severin Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Severin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #14 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Dunn, North Carolina
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Business stay & they were able to add a night for me so I wouldn't have to switch hotels for my 3rd night in town. Staff was very friendly, valets all exceptionally helpful, great Starbucks in the lobby, fruit-infused water in the lobby each night with fresh apples available. Comfey bed, fine Internet service. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: In early April they were in the process of replacing guest room HVAC units. Ask about a room that ha...

879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Michigan town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is right in the heart of downtown Indy. It is near restaurants and attractions and is attached to the Mall and the Convention Center. The room was a bit small and did not have many outlets/plugs and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. There is a Starbucks off the lobby and the staff (from the valet to the front desk to the housekeeping staff) was exceptional. Our wireless internet did not work but they were able to provide a phone number to an off-site help desk.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

All the staff were professional and helpful v rooms and bed comfortable and clean just couldn't seem to get air conditioner to work. Good breakfast. I would come back and so should you! Beautiful lobby and common areas of a historic building.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We're sorry you had issues with your air conditioner. In that event please contact the front desk and we'll fix the problem or move you to a new room. Thanks for recommending us to others and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights with a coworker to attend a conference at the neighboring convention center. I love the Omni chain and the Omni Severin was a great example of why the Omni chain rocks! Definitely sign up beforehand for their free loyalty program. You get great perks like free wifi, free ironing service (2 pieces a day), free morning beverage delivery (or opt to take your beverage card down to Starbucks for a grande coffee).

The rooms were comfortable and up to date. The tv was a newer flat screen model. The beds were super comfy. The minifridge was nice because we could squeeze in a few of our own drinks to keep cold. It's easy to walk straight into the mall through the skywalk, though the skywalk seemed a bit out of the way and had a few stairs (for those with accessibility concerns). Pro-tip: unless there's extreme weather, don't bother trying to get to the convention center through the skywalks. It's MUCH MUCH faster to just walk straight there from the street!

We loved having the fruit-infused water in the lobby, especially because there were THREE flavors (lemon, orange, cucumber). Yum!!! The gym was also great. It wasn't huge, but the machines were new, there were a few tvs strategically placed, and a small lap pool. Plenty of towels and even hand sanitizer. We appreciated that there were also free weights and medicine balls, instead of only weight machines.

Downsides: only a few minor issues. The air conditioner is surprisingly loud when it kicks in, but that sort of noise doesn't bother me. I do wish there was a bit more counter space in the bathroom, but there was a little glass shelf above the sink that helped. It would be nice if there were more electrical plugs next to the bed. The bedside lamp between the twin beds had a single outlet in the front. It's best when hotels have special lamps that have at least 2 plugs at the front, so that way both people can have a convenient outlet. The Starbucks in the lobby is also the world's slowest Starbucks, due to the fact that every morning we only saw 2 people working there. Still, all minor issues, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We'd definitely stay here again if we had to go to the convention center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the review. We will see what we can do to increase the number of outlets in our guest rooms.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a corner room on the twelfth floor and it was both huge and beautifully furnished. This was a very quick trip, and I wish I had more time to just stay in the room. My view was of the stadium and I could see the burning flames of the Pan-American Games Plaza, of course I had no idea at the time that's what I was looking at.

Lots of towels and good quality toiletries. The staff was very helpful, both at the front desk and at the 1913 restaurant. There is a charge for wifi, I believe, though my meeting arranged for it to be comped. Service was steady with no blips.

I was tired and didn't want to leave the hotel for dinner so I ate at the 1913 restaurant. I had a wonderful meal of mushroom risotto with seared scallops. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Since I was dining alone, this is tricky for a lot of waitstaff who think you might want more interaction.

I really enjoyed my brief stay and would love some reason to return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Omni. This place is amazing! We arrived at about 11AM after a five hour drive from Pittsburgh. We were checked in immediately AND given a free upgrade. What a nice surprise. Our room was on the top floor with a wonderful view of Lucas Oil Stadium. Room was spotless. The bed beyond comfy. Location of the hotel couldn't be better. Parked our car (29 bucks a night was pretty steep...even though I had prepared for it) and never touched it until checkout. A large Simon mall connected to the hotel via a skywalk, tons and tons of restaurants including the famous St. Elmo's. Lots of nightlife. I can't say enough about the staff and service they provided. We felt like VIPS and we were just a normal couple in town for a basketball game. Can't name them all, but Jack at the Wine Thief and Misty at the Sports bar were phenomenal. The valet manager and all of her staff were great in addition to the front desk staff. Also we are part of their loyalty program and received beverages each morning, turndown service, and free WiFi. The Internet speed was super fast which was great because I had a little work to do. Didn't try the restaurant or the pool/fitness area but we did check it out and they looked great. We love Indy and are planning a return trip this summer or fall. We won't think twice before booking at the Omni Severin. Probably will leave the car at home though!

• Stayed April 2013
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel attached to the mall downtown. Excellent location for a business stay. The room was decent sized, the bathroom was huge and the room was quiet and comfortable making for a good stay. I liked this hotel better than the highly rated JW Marriott as it has a better location, is less crowded and a better value. The staff was friendly and not overbearing like some hotels.

Room Tip: If you park in the adjoining mall you will save around $10 a day.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Severin Hotel? Share your experiences!