“Close to it All !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Severin Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Severin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Logansport, Indiana, United States
“Close to it All !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very Friendly place. I love its location. Smack in the middle of it all. Just about 2 blocks from Bankers life fieldhouse and Lucas Oil Stadium. Numerous bars/restuarants within one to two blocks. Tilted Kilt, Hooters, Harry and Izzies, St. Elmos, crackers comedy club, the slippery noddle just to name a few. I have stayed here 5 or 6 times in the past few months. Rooms are very clean and updated. Parking is easy , although I usually valet park. Dont worry about your luggage , they will be there as soon as you open the door to get them. Starbucks is located in the lobby. One one occassion they didnt have my reservation in the computer. I showed them my reservation e- mail on my I phone and they took care of it right away. They apoligized and gave me a room upgrade without me even asking. Love the service. Its just enough and not over the Top. I have stayed at just about every hotel in Downtown Indy over the past few years. This facility has to be close to the top of the list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit.

928 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013 for my husband's birthday. We requested the "St. Elmo Steakhouse" rate, as we planned to dine there for dinner. We stayed in the Plaza Suite, which was amazing. A double sized room, with windows on three sides of the the room (ALOT of windows). We had a balcony that faced Lucas Oil Stadium and the old train station. It was pretty cool. The room was nicely renovated and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and upgraded, but small for a suite. My only complaint was the A/C in our room was a little loud, but it didn't keep us up at night.

There is a starbucks in the hotel, which is awesome! Its in a great location to restaurants and bars. The staff was very helpful and we had no problems with the car valet service.

The staff brought up a gift bag for my husbands birthday that included chocolates, peanut butter cookies and popcorn. It was a nice touch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Crittenden, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Omni Severin for a weekend stay and loved it. The front desk, valet, and other hotel staff were all very friendly. The rooms were nice and the beds were COMFY! I had no problems at all. It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
anytown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

All in all, a very good experience. This is an older, historic hotel, so do not expect all modern appointments - although the rooms are very updated. Bathtubs are a bit dated - that sort of thing. Impeccably clean and spacious, though. The only slightly negative thing was the din from the street below; the thin aluminum frame windows do not baffle the sound. It has to be pretty loud to interrupt my sleep, but all through the night people were yelling, shouting, screaming in the street below. I'm sure this is only a problem on the north side of the hotel; the other three sides face wider streets.

That said, would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the north side, if possible (there is no view and the noise is disruptive)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We appreciate the positive review. Please let us know that your preference is to avoid the north side of the hotel next time you stay with us, and we’ll do everything possible to assign you a room on the other side of the hotel.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Even though I am from the city, I stayed here in order to be closer to the nightlife. The hotel staff is very nice and they have a bar in that makes really good drinks. The valet staff was nice as well and it can be pricey to some because it IS Indianapolis, but hey that is downtown for you.

Nonetheless everything was okay. The only negative aspect to my trip was that I requested a room with double beds and the double beds are only a full-size bed. I have stayed in best western and cheaper hotels and AT LEAST the bed is a queen sized bed.

Other than that, everything was nice and you can walk to any of the nightlife or catch a cab and if you are going anywhere downtown it is $5 in a cab. *GREAT DEAL*

P.S: I booked over the phone and got an even better deal than what they were offering online.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Illinois Street or Meridian. Meridian you can see the nightlife and Illino...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay overall, but we’re sorry if we were not clear during the reservation process about the double beds. All our rooms with two beds are double beds not queen beds. We hope that you will still consider staying with us in the future when you’re in town.
La Porte, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

You really do forget about service you get a great downtown hotels! The valet guys were super, front desk people also! Huge wedding was there that night but didnt effect us in anyway! Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Aboslutely terrible experience. You can go to the Motel 8 and have a better stay. I have stayed in many high end hotels and this is by far the worst experience I have ever encountered. I parked my car in valet and when I returned to my car the window was broken. The worker in valet informed me that he was not sure why my window was rolled down in the first place but since it would not roll up, my car could not be parked in valet. After arguing for about 25 minutes, they finally agreed to keep my car out front so they could keep an eye on it. I asked the front desk what they were going to do to resolve the issue and they informed me "nothing since the valet was through a third pary vendor and I booked through Expedia". Here is an idea, GET A VALET THIRD PARTY VENDOR who is efficient and not careless and not place bookings on thrid party websites if you refuse to accomodate the guests who book through them. The front desk told me that the head manager would call me in the morning. I never recevied a call, so I saught someone out the morning I was checking out. Valet refused to file a claim. I had to drive over an hour home in 30 degree temperatures with my window down and pay $300 to get my window fixed the next day. For staying at a high end hotel, I was appauled at their lack of willingness to help find a resolution. All I heard were excuses. I will never again stay at any Omni resort or hotel. And I most certainly will never recommend this hotel to anyone. This was my worst experience ever at a hotel, by far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are very sorry to see that your visit did not go as planned. As part of our procedure, windows are momentarily rolled down to prevent cars to auto lock while an inspection is done. As it turns out and mentioned by you, a pre-existing issue with the window caused it not to be able to be rolled back up. While we understand your frustration and certainly did not wish to cause such inconvenience, we rely on guests to proactively inform valet of any special handling needs. Our policy also prevents us from accepting any vehicles that are not locked/secured properly. An exception was made to keep your vehicle on our front drive for the night. Due to the weather conditions that night (rain/snow), our valet team covered the window with plastic otherwise the car would be found wet the next morning (car was dry inside). Again, we were very sorry to see that your issue with your car affected your visit. However, due to not being mishandled by our staff, we were unable to file a claim. We will always work with guests to resolve a problem no matter if they booked with us directly or through a third party website, but we can’t be held liable for problems that our staff or valet attendants didn’t cause. We are here to ensure our guests have the best experience possible, despite other factors outside of our control.

Been to Omni Severin Hotel? Share your experiences!