“Centrally located and nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

You added Omni Severin Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Severin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #13 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
anytown
“Centrally located and nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

All in all, a very good experience. This is an older, historic hotel, so do not expect all modern appointments - although the rooms are very updated. Bathtubs are a bit dated - that sort of thing. Impeccably clean and spacious, though. The only slightly negative thing was the din from the street below; the thin aluminum frame windows do not baffle the sound. It has to be pretty loud to interrupt my sleep, but all through the night people were yelling, shouting, screaming in the street below. I'm sure this is only a problem on the north side of the hotel; the other three sides face wider streets.

That said, would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the north side, if possible (there is no view and the noise is disruptive)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We appreciate the positive review. Please let us know that your preference is to avoid the north side of the hotel next time you stay with us, and we’ll do everything possible to assign you a room on the other side of the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Even though I am from the city, I stayed here in order to be closer to the nightlife. The hotel staff is very nice and they have a bar in that makes really good drinks. The valet staff was nice as well and it can be pricey to some because it IS Indianapolis, but hey that is downtown for you.

Nonetheless everything was okay. The only negative aspect to my trip was that I requested a room with double beds and the double beds are only a full-size bed. I have stayed in best western and cheaper hotels and AT LEAST the bed is a queen sized bed.

Other than that, everything was nice and you can walk to any of the nightlife or catch a cab and if you are going anywhere downtown it is $5 in a cab. *GREAT DEAL*

P.S: I booked over the phone and got an even better deal than what they were offering online.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Illinois Street or Meridian. Meridian you can see the nightlife and Illino...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay overall, but we’re sorry if we were not clear during the reservation process about the double beds. All our rooms with two beds are double beds not queen beds. We hope that you will still consider staying with us in the future when you’re in town.
La Porte, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

You really do forget about service you get a great downtown hotels! The valet guys were super, front desk people also! Huge wedding was there that night but didnt effect us in anyway! Would stay again!

Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Aboslutely terrible experience. You can go to the Motel 8 and have a better stay. I have stayed in many high end hotels and this is by far the worst experience I have ever encountered. I parked my car in valet and when I returned to my car the window was broken. The worker in valet informed me that he was not sure why my window was rolled down in the first place but since it would not roll up, my car could not be parked in valet. After arguing for about 25 minutes, they finally agreed to keep my car out front so they could keep an eye on it. I asked the front desk what they were going to do to resolve the issue and they informed me "nothing since the valet was through a third pary vendor and I booked through Expedia". Here is an idea, GET A VALET THIRD PARTY VENDOR who is efficient and not careless and not place bookings on thrid party websites if you refuse to accomodate the guests who book through them. The front desk told me that the head manager would call me in the morning. I never recevied a call, so I saught someone out the morning I was checking out. Valet refused to file a claim. I had to drive over an hour home in 30 degree temperatures with my window down and pay $300 to get my window fixed the next day. For staying at a high end hotel, I was appauled at their lack of willingness to help find a resolution. All I heard were excuses. I will never again stay at any Omni resort or hotel. And I most certainly will never recommend this hotel to anyone. This was my worst experience ever at a hotel, by far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are very sorry to see that your visit did not go as planned. As part of our procedure, windows are momentarily rolled down to prevent cars to auto lock while an inspection is done. As it turns out and mentioned by you, a pre-existing issue with the window caused it not to be able to be rolled back up. While we understand your frustration and certainly did not wish to cause such inconvenience, we rely on guests to proactively inform valet of any special handling needs. Our policy also prevents us from accepting any vehicles that are not locked/secured properly. An exception was made to keep your vehicle on our front drive for the night. Due to the weather conditions that night (rain/snow), our valet team covered the window with plastic otherwise the car would be found wet the next morning (car was dry inside). Again, we were very sorry to see that your issue with your car affected your visit. However, due to not being mishandled by our staff, we were unable to file a claim. We will always work with guests to resolve a problem no matter if they booked with us directly or through a third party website, but we can’t be held liable for problems that our staff or valet attendants didn’t cause. We are here to ensure our guests have the best experience possible, despite other factors outside of our control.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife, my staff and I were struck with so many positive things about this hotel. In fact, our stay at the Omni Severin might just be the best hotel experience we have ever had.

The hotel itself is beautiful and right in the heart of downtown Indy, easy walking distance to excellent shopping and great restaurants. The rooms are large (bathrooms smallish), updated, über-clean with an obvious commitment to housekeeping without compromise.

At every turn hotel staffers were there to offer assistance, and in a manner that expressed a sincerity to be of service. The evening turn-down service was an unexpected plus, welcoming us back to our rooms with soft music, an inviting bed and full ice pail. A great breakfast buffet (not free, thankfully), lobby bar and a full Starbucks® coffee shop add to the overall quality and convenience.

Booking a stay in downtown Indianapolis? Run, don’t walk, to the Omni Severin.

Room Tip: Join Omni Select Guest and be rewarded on your very first stay. Members enjoy complimentary perks i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Severin for a birthday weekend. The staff is great and very accommodating. The bartender in the lobby Saturday night was GREAT! We chatted with him for a while before heading to The Slippery Noodle.
The only complaint I have is the valet. They told us not to call ahead for our car, so we went down and they said it would be a few minutes, but we waited for 30 minutes.
Other than the valet, it was a great stay! I would highly recommend Omni Severin. Great staff and the location can't be beat!

Arlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

GREAT desk/receiving staff. Room well appointed. Bar service was great. Bathroom spacious and clean. Could use another outlet on the desk. There is a Starbucks, bar, and restaurant bar connected which is very convenient. Clubs, bars, restaurants all within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Omni Severin Hotel? Share your experiences!