“Attended a wedding and also stayed there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

You added Omni Severin Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Severin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Attended a wedding and also stayed there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I attended a weeding a few weekends ago at this hotel also stayed for two nights. First of all, our stay was wonderful. The hotel staff was so pleasant and helpful in every way. The room was clean and very pleasant. I felt very comfortable there and wished I could have stayed longer in this great hotel and fantastic city. I am already looking forward to a return visit and no question will stay at this hotel. They also did a wonderful job with all the wedding preparations. The beautiful rooms where the wedding was held was very impressive. Great job to all at the Omni. I was a guest and was very impressed with it all. I travel a lot and am very fussy about my lodging... Very happy

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Greensburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fine place to be able to stay the night life enjoy the downtown scene, rooms are the best, but you are paying for the best......I think the valet service is a touch high , an four dollar candy bars.....:) please:) anyway the rooms are clean an fresh,,,,,,,,an the lady whom at the reservation desk added a smile an enjoyed her job,,,,,,,,,also she remembered my name the next morning.........another fine stay at the Omni Indy.......

Room Tip: always plan ahead............
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip recently and found the hotel to be great overall. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom was well stocked and spotless (although some of my work colleagues did mention they found their bathroom a little on the small side and there were 2 days where my shower wasn't particularly hot as the FFA was in town and the hotel was most likely booked to full). The staff were very friendly and there was always fresh fruit and water available at reception. Its within walking distance of a number of restaurants and the shopping center. I was there for almost 3 weeks and will return again soon for another 2 weeks.

Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a nice hotel in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. The rooms are extra large and clean and comfortable. The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. I did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that, but they did have a Starbucks located in the lobby which I thought was convenient. The only downside was the parking. It was 30.00 a day and I didn't know this. It is valet style, and they are right there to greet you. I just wish it was included with the price of the stay or a little less.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry if the valet parking fee wasn't clearly communicated. While we don't have self park options at the hotel, there are various garages and street parking available downtown near the hotel as well.
Fort Wright, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Severin this weekend. I have stayed at quite a few of the hotels in downtown Indy, and this one was far and away the best. What sets them apart from all of the others is their service. We were greated very warmly at the valet. We were asked what brought us to the Omni and we let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, to which we were told, "Happy Anniversary" several times. At check in, we were asked the same question and received the same pleasant anniversary wishes from several of those working in the area. After we returned from our evening out on Friday night, we returned to find our bed covered with rose petals, a bottle of wine and glasses, along with chocolate covered strawberries and a card signed by several of the staff. So impressive!!! We were also very impressed with those working in the Severin Bar. They were so nice and very friendly. We had some small hiccups - the shower on our last day was not exactly warm and a bit a wait to retrieve our car from valet. But those 2 things were absolutely minor in comparison to the whole experience. You can bet we'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your anniversary! We're glad you chose to stay with us for your celebration. We hope it was a special time, and we welcome you to come back anytime.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family surprised me and two of my friends from college with a stay at the Omni for my 40th birthday. They purchased the shopping package, so I received a Simon giftcard, coupons, and other goodies upon arrival. The hotel was beautiful and the staff made me feel so special. We walked to the world famous St. Elmo's Steakhouse for dinner. The hotel is directly connected to Circle Centre Mall. We returned in the evening to find a birthday card from the front office staff, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a small bottle of chilled sparkling wine! All of the staff I came in contact with, including Carmen the Director of Rooms, was extremely helpful and friendly. We had the breakfast buffet Sunday morning and it was fabulous. My girlfriends and I are already planning another weekend getaway and hope to come back soon! Thank you Omni staff!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
collingwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you're looking for a basic, centrally located hotel that's clean and has a great breakfast buffet, look no further.

If you value privacy in your room ....this may not be the place for you.

Check-in was a smooth and friendly process and the spacious room was adequate. However, following check-in on 2 seperate occasions, the door to my room was opened without knocking by - presumably - housekeeping staff but I'm not entirely sure. I addressed my concern with the front desk and was left feeling uneasy about the whole thing. How could I be sure this wouldn't happen during the remainder of my stay? I was assured by the front desk staff and supervisor that this was not normal practise and their attempt at service recovery was greatly appreciated however, did little to ensure my security.

Aside from that, the only other down is the bathroom which is entirely too small and out of date (think, peeling wallpaper and mineral stains in the toilet & tub).

On the plus side, the breakfast buffet and service was the best I've had / experienced anywhere. The selection was incredible and it featured options for guests with dietary restrictions (think, gluten-free bread, soy milk, cashew nut butter) which I enjoyed and appreciated. It's not often that you see that, especially when most of the surrounding food choices involve deep fried this or greasy, flavourless that.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We do apologize that housekeeping entered your room on two separate occasions without making their presence fully known. We certainly didn't want to give you the impression that we take security lightly. We're glad you enjoyed the selection of food and options for dietary restrictions. Many guests have complimented us on it, and we feel it's important that everyone have the option to eat without worrying about allergies. We're sorry that your bathroom had peeling wallpaper. We completed a full renovation of all rooms in January, so please let us know if any part of the room isn't up to our standards and we'll do our best to relocate you to another room.

Been to Omni Severin Hotel? Share your experiences!