“Love Hilton...But not this one” 2 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #61 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Love Hilton...But not this one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in town for a funeral, so it was a depressing visit to Indianapolis as is. For the Hilton here, it made it worse. To start, I got stuck in the elevator do to a malfunctioning alarm, then later that day the hotel fire alarm went off, and had to evacuate. The other elevator was dirty with stains on door and wall, plus the carpet had a bad odor. The elevator was also very slow and had to wait forever to get up or down, since the first elevator was out of commission because of the false alarm. The staff was friendly and the restaurant and breakfast buffet were nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so very sorry that you went through some issues in the elevator. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that I can personally speak to our maintenance crew regarding your comments. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
terre haute indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is our second stay at this location. Both times we have had to move to a new room due to the smell of smoke. Staff was nice and helpfu the second time l. Like I have read on other reviews the walls are very thin.Slightly dated and small rooms for a Hilton. On the second stay the room temp would not go down below 75, and our family roasted all night. We informed the front desk at check out ,and they told us that we were not alone in this complaint. Shop around in area lots of options, or go to the downtown hilton if possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay. In addition, I apologize that you had issues with you’re A/C unit. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and I can assure you that I have already contacted our maintenance crew to resolve this issue. Your comfort is our main priority and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our guests’ in-property experience. Thank again for your review and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel is great. It's in a perfect location for shopping. It's 10 minutes from Castleton Square Mall and maybe 15 from Keystone at the Crossing. The decor is modern and very nice. The beds are comfy and the shower is perfect. The bathroom is a tad small, no way two women can get ready at the same time, but other than that no complaints.

Room Tip: Avoid staying near the elevators if possible, it gets loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a beautiful and clean hotel with friendly front desk staff.

Amazing breakfast with many tasty options.
Our room was clean and spacious .

25 minutes to Lucas Oil stadium and other downtown restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Enid, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Indianapolis. Jasmina at the checkin desk welcomed me by name and had me checked in within 2 minutes. She was extremely pleasant and courteous. The Fitness Center was very good. The room was very comfortable, but someone ought to rethink the narrow trash cans they put in these rooms. You can hardly fit anything into them. Normal round trash cans would hold 10 times the stuff. These look like someone stomped on them. The breakfast hostess was extremely nice. I'm only sorry I didn't get her name, but she made the breakfast experience wonderful. This hotel has an indoor pool, but no hot tub. Overall a very good Hilton property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found a great deal from Expedia and stayed here for two nights. I did not found anything to complain about this stay. Everything worked fine, everyone was friendly and rooms were Hilton class.

Check in was fast, staff was friendly, hotel was clean, room was spacious and clean, bathroom included everywhere you could ask for, Internet connection is fast and they have a proper gym and indoor pool too. It's like 20 minute drive from downtown Indianapolis but there is lot of restaurants, stores and malls almost next door.

If I ever return to Indianapolis, this will be my choice for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I always stay at hampton Inns, but on Christmas night my town was facing the threat of a terrible snow. As a health care worker I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get to work the next night, so after some discussion- my husband and I decided I would go and stay at the Hilton. We chose this hotel over the Drury right across the street (even though it was cheaper, newer, and had a free breakfast)- because Hilton and Hampton are owned by the same company and so we figured it would be the safest bet.

The person at the check in had a terrible attitude. I know it was 11pm on Christmas night, but hey- I didn't want to be there either. And the room!! The lamp was all COVERED in rust. The outlets on the desk didn't work, the desk was all saggy.. I did find one outlet behind a chair to plug in my phone and kindle.

The bathroom was nice and clean, also the room was very nice and warm. I had plenty of blankets and pillows. I did treat myself to roomservice for the first time and wow that was kinda cool.
The next day I did go down and ask if I needed a shovel to get my car out of it's spot, could I borrow one, again I was told rather rudely "we don't have things like that- we use snow blowers". So okay... I knew I would be on my own.
I wil say when I checked out that evening to go to work, they did 'pro-rate' the room for that 2nd night, - charge me like a late check out so to speak- seeing as it was 6pm. That was really very nice. That and the warmth/comfort of the bed are the only redeeming features.
Next time- will I remember that or the rudeness and rust?

Room Tip: I was on the end of the hall- That was far from the elevator and far from the ice machine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel including our staff not providing you with the level of customer service you deserve. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Been to Hilton Indianapolis North? Share your experiences!