“Hilton delivers, always” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Finland
“Hilton delivers, always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found a great deal from Expedia and stayed here for two nights. I did not found anything to complain about this stay. Everything worked fine, everyone was friendly and rooms were Hilton class.

Check in was fast, staff was friendly, hotel was clean, room was spacious and clean, bathroom included everywhere you could ask for, Internet connection is fast and they have a proper gym and indoor pool too. It's like 20 minute drive from downtown Indianapolis but there is lot of restaurants, stores and malls almost next door.

If I ever return to Indianapolis, this will be my choice for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I always stay at hampton Inns, but on Christmas night my town was facing the threat of a terrible snow. As a health care worker I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get to work the next night, so after some discussion- my husband and I decided I would go and stay at the Hilton. We chose this hotel over the Drury right across the street (even though it was cheaper, newer, and had a free breakfast)- because Hilton and Hampton are owned by the same company and so we figured it would be the safest bet.

The person at the check in had a terrible attitude. I know it was 11pm on Christmas night, but hey- I didn't want to be there either. And the room!! The lamp was all COVERED in rust. The outlets on the desk didn't work, the desk was all saggy.. I did find one outlet behind a chair to plug in my phone and kindle.

The bathroom was nice and clean, also the room was very nice and warm. I had plenty of blankets and pillows. I did treat myself to roomservice for the first time and wow that was kinda cool.
The next day I did go down and ask if I needed a shovel to get my car out of it's spot, could I borrow one, again I was told rather rudely "we don't have things like that- we use snow blowers". So okay... I knew I would be on my own.
I wil say when I checked out that evening to go to work, they did 'pro-rate' the room for that 2nd night, - charge me like a late check out so to speak- seeing as it was 6pm. That was really very nice. That and the warmth/comfort of the bed are the only redeeming features.
Next time- will I remember that or the rudeness and rust?

Room Tip: I was on the end of the hall- That was far from the elevator and far from the ice machine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel including our staff not providing you with the level of customer service you deserve. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Hilton on Shadeland while in town for our family Christmas get together. Luckily, we had removed the gifts we brought for our family members and grandchild because our van was vandalized in the back parking lot of the hotel. The built in tv, dvd player, and GPS were removed as well as the gifts our children gave us were stolen from our vehicle after we returned to the hotel around 10:30 p.m. on 12/29/12. My husband had purchased a cashmere/wool Ralph Lauren coat earlier in the day and it was also taken. According to the young man at the front desk the next morning, no one else reported any vandalized vehicle. We have stayed at this hotel in the past as well as many other hotels in the northwest section of Indy and Fishers without any problems. Apparently, we happened to park in the wrong place on the wrong night, or the right place on the right night for the vandal(s). Not a very happy ending to our otherwise fun weekend with our family! The hotel does not have cameras in their parking lot nor are they responsible for any vehicle or items left in them (which is the standard), but we will try to park closer to the front door of any hotel we stay in the future. The policeman who came to the hotel after we called indicated that this is an area of town where vandalism happens frequently.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize that your weekend was hindered by the vandalism of your car. We have a hotel security team that patrols our parking lot throughout the night as well as campus security. Since your stay we have increased the number and frequency of patrols each night. I realize this doesn't make up for your incident but wanted you to know that we are doing everything we can to keep it from repeating.
burlingame
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were put up here by a company that was giving a training class. If you have no car, you have to rely on the hotel shuttle bus to take you anyplace within a 5 mile radius. That was okay, until we had to wait 20 minutes for 2 ladies to buy powerball tickets at a service station. There is really no restaurant. The restaurant is used only for breakfast, there is no lunch and dinner is in the small bar- menu is nothing more than typical bar food. We asked how to get downtown and were told to take a taxi at $50 one direction. When I inquired further, the clerk looked on the computer and found out that there was a bus just across the street. So granted it was almost an hour's ride, but we saved $46. The pool seemed nice and they had a small gym. Very long corridors and of course our room was a mile away. Room was large but the bathroom was small.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize our location wasn't convenient for your trip. We value reading your insight to improve our on-property experience. Thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When I first pulled up to this location I was a bit thrown off as you pull right off the highway the ramp turns into the street the hotel is on, you just have to pay attention. Clean comfortable room with nice bed. They have an onsite restaurant and bar just off the lobby. Parking is free. The only thing I was disappointed in was that their fitness room was going under a makeover so they moved some limited eqiupment down to a room right off the lobby. They didnt have tredmills but did have a bike and two elipticile machines as well as small weights. Over all it was not a bad stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I came here to stay a couple nights with some friends, and it was a good stay, with a frlew exceptions. It was clean, the atmosphere, and location co venience was great, but we did not get room service when wanted/needed, they booked us on their behalf the two nights when we originally said one and charged us for it, and they complained to us we were making noise when we were not when it was children playing football in the hallways at 10pm. I'd probably give them one more chance but I've stayed at better.

• Stayed November 2012
Hanover, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our Room was nice but the walls are paper thin. There were two college teams staying in the hotel the same night and the noise was horrible. We called the front desk and that helped for a short time but the loud talk, yelling, giggling, and slamming of doors countinued until early in the morning. In short, it was a sleepless night. To make matters worse, there is no free wifi or breakfast

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Indianapolis North? Share your experiences!