“Great service, okay rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great service, okay rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed one night for business. The room was big but dated. The front staff was exceptional. I liked the pool and safe, open area to walk near the hospital. Buffett breakfast was good, but basic. Easy access to the hospital. I wish the rooms had a fridge.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is an old Hilton that shows wear in the rooms. Rooms are large and clean. Bed comfortable. Quiet location. Staff are exceptional. Everyone has a smile and appears to want to be helpful. Breakfast is nice. Indoor pool which I didn't use.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend while in Indy for our nephew's wedding. We had 3 rooms which I booked through Priceline, where we got a great deal! Upon check in I requested if one of the rooms could have two beds rather than 1 king which is usually the standard fare for Priceline bookings. Beth who was at the front desk checked and said, no problem. Beth was also genuinely welcoming and very friendly! When my husband and I went up to our room, upon entering we immediately heard a baby crying in the next room. I walked back to the front desk and asked Beth if it was at all possible to have another room due to the baby. She said no problem, and found another room for us in the same vicinity but away from the crying baby! Kudos to Beth!

I would also like to commend Kimberly who was working in the bar area. After the long drive from Maryland we were ready to have a drink and relax. Kimberly was so nice and friendly and offered some great ideas for us to do that evening. There was a gentleman there working at the bar also who was nice also, but I can't remember his name (Friday 8/24 about 5:00).

At one point I asked for clean towels and they were brought promptly.

Although the hotel itself is a little worn around the edges, not horrible, but could use some updated...the service we received more than made up for that. I usually book my hotel rooms via Priceline while traveling, but would be more than happy to stay here again if this was the hotel I was rewarded.

Covington, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family stays here every year for fair time. This hotel is very clean. They do need to update their bedding though, maybe a more comfortable bed, bedding, and better pillows. I hate those down filled pillows, it's like toilet paper in a pillow case! We stayed one night. The walls seem thin as well. I could hear my dad in the next room snoring! No complimentary breakfast or cocktails. Nothing is free here. My mom paid $13.00 at the bar for one margarita! And they put it in a small paper to-go coffee cup! It is getting run down. They need a hot tub. All they have is a swimming pool, which the water was about hot enough to be a hot tub!. Like swimming in your own pee! We ordered pizza in the room for supper, two pizzas from Donatos cost $37.00! What the heck! Everything is expensive in Indianapolis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with some of the guest amenities. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments about the linens into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Monticello, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Since I work in the hotel industry I hate to be critical of housekeeping. They have a tough job with very litlle appreciation but pubic hair and dried toothpaste around the sink area should be easy to see and clean. My only other complaint would be there was no comforter. Just a crappy old blanket that most hotels usually give out if you request an extra blanket that was between the sheets.

Room Tip: Request a room facing toward Shadeland Ave. you can usually pick up free wifi from other nearby busi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Allison S, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your understanding of our staff however I am deeply disappointed by your experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as well. I have spoken to our housekeeping staff to ensure they’re following our strict protocol for servicing guest rooms. Thank you again and we hope to have you back.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our weekend getaway began with an exceptionally friendly and helpful person at the reception desk. She was a wealth of information concerning the best local attractions and events.
This Hilton Hotel was immaculately clean, sinfully comfortable and conveniently located. In addition, the breakfast buffet was outstanding with a wide variety of hot and cold breakfast items and a nice selection of pastries. In short, this is a hotel that does everything well that we've come to expect from the best of Hilton.
But...after paying that much money, why do you charge $9.95 for an internet connection in the room. In the lobby it's free. It's also free at every single McDonald's restaurant with which I am familiar. In-room internet is also free at more and more budget hotel chains. C'mon guys, you can do better than this, especially when the rooms cost this much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Check-in was quick. I called to request a roll-away bed when we got to our room. It was delivered to the room in less than 10 minutes by an extremely kind employee named Shirley. My two children (12 and 8) really enjoyed the pool and being able to shower off in the restrooms off of the pool area. We saw Shirley again as we were leaving the pool at pool closing time (11pm) and again, she was courteous and told us to enjoy our stay.

The breakfast buffet was included in our stay that we purchased through Expedia. It was a full buffet with bacon, eggs, pancakes, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. The food was very good. I would recommend this hotel for families. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Indianapolis North? Share your experiences!