“Spacious guest rooms and meeting rooms, beautiful courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
North Carolina
“Spacious guest rooms and meeting rooms, beautiful courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

This hotel had clean, spacious guest rooms with comfortable bedding and modern ammenities. The staff members throughout the hotel and restaurant were friendly and helpful. There were plenty of large and smaller banquet/conference rooms. My favorite thing about the hotel was the large, gorgeous courtyard. There were at least half a dozen fire pits throughout the courtyard and in the fountain and lots of comfortable chairs and tables. The restaurant food was good, and they served breakfast, lunch and dinner and offered a full bar. My only complaint was the $9.95 per day charge for internet usage (as most of the hotels I have been to in the last several years have provided free internet access). The hotel does have a fitness center and a rather small indoor pool and hot tub, but I can't really comment on them as I didn't get a chance to use them. They also have a gift shop beside the front desk that sells snacks and toiletries.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

This hotel was amazing!
I was here for 3 nights, attending a convention. The staff at the front desk were lovely and helpful, and check-in was quick and easy.
My room was HUGE, and gorgeous! There was so much space, a king sized bed, large flat screen tv, internet access, plus a hair dryer, ironing board, coffee maker and other amenities. Beautifully decorated, and I had a beautiful view of the courtyard below.
I didn't use the pool, but it was indoors and heated. The gym was great, and there were computers in the lobby with free internet access. Internet in the rooms cost $9.95 a day - that was my only complaint (I like free internet included in the room!)
The staff here were just wonderful - they were always so cheerful, and they greeted me every time they saw me, which made my stay feel just that little bit nicer!
I highly recommend this hotel. I had a wonderful 3 day stay here!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Seymour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Indianapolis East. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The service at the Marriott was wonderful. the resteraunt served quality food, I enjoyed the fittness room. All in all the stay was very good.

Barbara Nelson

TAIT09

• Liked — comfort and friendliness
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

The hotel is alright but definitely overpriced. Beds are fluffy and sheets are very nice. The rooms have flat screen televisions with HD; however, there are like 10 ESPN channels, HBO and nothing else! No MTV, BET, Bravo, Tvland or E! The hotel is clean but like previous reviews stated very old. Many signs of wear and tear. Rooms and bathrooms are not spacious at all. Bathroom is about the size of a stall at a restaurant. The walls are thin and I could hear drunk people yelling, screaming and slamming doors all night long! Also, a band started playing at around 7 am Sunday morning! It was sooo loud and annoying! The fitness center was totally busted. Half of the televisions did not work and only ESPN or news channels there, NO REMOTES! Half of the equipment was broken the other half will break soon. The staff was friendly but the hotel could use a lot of work. The restaurant buffet breakfast was very good, but some say expensive...not sure. Definitely would not stay here again because of the condition, lack of television channels and noise.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Steinbach, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The hotel's nice, the inner courtyard renovation is finished and it's very nice. It's close to where I was having my meetings, so for me the location was great, but not if you want to be downtown or don't have a car. Dislikes: not in a rough neighborhood, but close to it; HAVE TO PAY FOR INTERNET - I avoid Marriots because of that, but internet is free in the lobby; in room internet connection was flaky; loud heating/cooling unit in the room; Likes: the courtyard; nice staff; hotel is in good shape

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Our national convention was held at this Marriott East Convention Center on East 21st street. They did a fabulous job, and we weren't an easy group to handle. The convention accomodations were wonderful. The staff was hard working, eager to please. The only regret was that you did not offer double queen rooms. Thank you MARRIOTT for a wonderful yearly event for us!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and I got this room from Priceline for an excellent price. We were in Indy for a Colts game and while it is about a 10 minute ride to the stadium, it was close enough. We had gone downtown the night before and everything was packed with people. Because of that, we were glad to not be staying closer!
The reviews on here are horrible and I was really worried before we got to the hotel. We were very happy with it though. Our room was MUCH bigger than an average hotel room and looked to be recently remodeled. Our bed was comfortable and the large shower was a nice change from the basic tub/shower combo. We had a nice flatscreen tv and a mini fridge included in our room. This place is huge though so be prepared to walk to the bar/restaurant if you are in the back of the hotel. We ordered breakfast room service and it was delivered exactly when promised. While not great, it sufficed. I would stay here again for a game. It was close enough to drive, but far enough from all the action that it was very quiet. Our room was really nice and we were very pleased.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!