“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I frequently go to the Marriott East for work related conferences and I am consistently impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Henry Robinson is always there to help move items or get little things that exhibitors may need while they are setting up. Its just really nice to see a familiar and friendly face when I go there. This week I actually spent the night and was very surprised at how delicious the food at the hotel restaurant is! Wow! Excellent service there as well. I enjoyed the complimentary snacks and again above and beyond with friend and helpful service. I had the continental breakfast this morning before returning to the conference and once again was treated to a superior customer service experience with Rachel. Liked my room, liked the fitness room and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The customer service is impeccable! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I just spent a week at the marriott east Indianapolis for two conferences. The hotel and
Conferences were great. We had several evenings to find ourselves entertainment and the hotel lobby ambassador, Henry Robinson, had suggestions our group enjoyed greatly, thanks Henry.

Hobart, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Henry Robinson is the Lobby Ambassador at the above hotel. Our agency always stays there every year for our conference. He remembered many of us from the previous years. That is fantastic customer service. He went above and beyond for many of us during our stay. He is very charming and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor is always better.
ft wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was very clean and all the employees were very out oing to make your stay the best. Stop and talk to lobby ambassador Henry Robinson, he will help you with your bags and give you a great shoe shine.

Connersville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

As we walked in we felt welcomed! Hotel ambassador was friendly and very helpful. Loved the court yard! Plenty of seating, relaxing waterfall, warm fire pits and coziness at it's best. The only complaint would be the room needed more mirrors. I was with another girl and It would make getting ready on the morning a lot easier if there were more.

• Stayed October 2012
Broadview, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

While working at HorrorHound Convention at the Indianapolis Marriott East in September, I had the unfortunate problem of losing my mobile phone ~ certainly this has happened to all travelers at one time or another, and yet, for me that weekend losing the phone was quite literally a matter of my life. I was waiting for a most important call from the women's clinic I was being treated at, a call to let me know if my initial procedure had cured me or if I was looking at a more serious surgery upon returning home to Chicago. I was frantic searching for the phone and stressed out terribly. After exhausting all of the possible places the phone might have ended up, I wearily went to the front lobby and aproached the bell captain's desk. And there he was ~ Henry Robinson.
Henry immediately noticed my stress and he gently approached me and offered to help. I blurted out the problem and undoubtedly embarassed myself with a lack of emotional control. Henry spoke quietly to me, focusing on me even though the lobby was filled with convention attendees, and he coaxed my tale of woe with gentle strength. He guided me towards the main desk and asked me a few questions and then he smiled. Seemingly like majick he produced my phone and I know i started to cry. He said that he'd called the last number on the phone, my cousin back in Illinois, to alert him that the hotel had my mobile and if I called, please tell me that it was safe and waiting for me. Henry then asked me if I needed anything, if I was all right, if I would like to sit down and relax with a glass of water or a light beverage. I thanked him and explained why it was so vital that I get my phone back ~ I can't forget the sincere expression of concern on his face or in his voice. This was a man who is dedicated to helping people.
Shortly after I began walking back to the dealers room where my partner was manning our booth, the call I was waiting for happened. was scheduled for surgery again as soon as I came home from the show. Yes, that was frightening at the time, as it would be for anyone facing a major operation, and still, Henry's outgoing kindness and concern somehow softened the call. I returned to the lobby a little while later to give Henry a gratuity and to thank him again. He asked if I'd received the call from the hospital and I told him I had. Impulsively I hugged him and thanked him and he hugged back and told me to be strong.
In the nearly 50 years I have been traveling the world for shows and for personal pleasure, I can truthfully say I have never met a kinder or more genuine hotel employee as Henry Robinson. At a time when my life was dark and fearful, his honest approach to me was calming and I walked away knowing things were a little less frightful because Henry proved that there ARE exceptionally human and humane people who extend themselves without limit to people in trouble. To you nice people people at the Marriott Indy East ~ you are graced with this gentleman. Thank you, Henry, for being there.
PS: The surgery went perfectly, I am well and home recovering and the days are a lot brighter now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Henry starts your stay off right, from the minute you enter the Hotel. I have stayed there many times for conferences, and he is always the first one to make you feel welcome. He will do whatever he can do make your stay there comfortable! The renovations are great, and the food is magnificent. Also the outdoor patio area with the gas fireplaces are nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!