“Can't find anything negative about my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

You added Hyatt Regency Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #27 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Can't find anything negative about my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed here for business and cannot find anything negative to say about my stay. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The layout was maybe a little odd but nothing wrong with that. The staff was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. It is connected to so much via skyway, the mall, other hotels, the convention center.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel is located with in walking distance of the convention center. This is a major plus. Since at Gen Con you do a lot of walking so a close hotel is important. There is an indoor walk-way or you can just walk across the street.

We stay here every year for Gen Con.

Room Tip: For the Gen Con convention I always try to get a room on the upper floors. These rooms a generally...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Soper5,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time here in Indianapolis during Gen Con weekend. We appreciate the loyalty to Hyatt Regency when you come to visit the city. See you next time!

Bellefontaine, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a perfect stay at the Hyatt! We couldn't have asked for an easier check-in/check-out, friendlier staff or nicer room! Everything was updated and very clean. This hotel is within walking distance to so many restaurants and attractions making it easy to get around Indy. The pool was nice, just a bit small, workout facility was excellent. Parking was a little pricey at $24 a night, but the garage felt safe and was convenient. Highly recommended for any trip to Indy!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Viastalu,

I appreciate the 5 Star review on your recent stay with us. I am glad your check-in/check-out ran smoothly, and that you enjoyed the friendly staff! It’s so nice to hear you took advantage of our workout facility and pool; it’s important to StayFit at Hyatt! Please come back again soon!

Southaven, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for the DCI Finals (Go BLOO!). I rarely stay at a Hyatt so really had no expectations other than reviews from here. We were able to check in online, so I took advantage of that and hoped it would work! This hotel is part of a large office building also, so you may not notice it is the Hyatt right away. Just keep your eyes peeled. We valet parked for $34/day. I think you can self park for about $10 less. The valets were very helpful and nice. We would give them a great rating! We entered thru the valet area and there are kiosks for self check in. I scanned the confirmation email I received from checking in online and was given a receipt and card keys. Extremely easy and we were on our way! We stayed in room 1135. This was a corner room with no outside windows. We were fine with that because we were rarely in our room. All the rooms are odd shaped, but we had enough room and even requested a roll away bed for our son and still had plenty of room. The bathroom was a very nice size. One thing I did find odd is there was no garbage can in the bathroom. That was very inconvenient. Shower was large and had great water pressure. Wifi is free or you can upgrade for $5. We were fine with the free wifi. After our first night we went out for a while and came back to our room being open. My heart about stopped since there was no housekeeping in sight. There was a maintenance worker in the room leaving us a note. Seems our bathroom sink was loose. We hadn't noticed it but the housekeeper did. He explained that they couldn't fix it because the caulk would have to dry and needed to have the room empty for the job. The hotel was booked. They gave us a free amenity card as an apology. He was very nice and apologized for startling us. Here is my one recommendation for the Hyatt: Please have maintenance put a sign out or something on the door alerting that there is a worker inside. It would just be peace of mind! Every single worker at the hotel was very nice and helpful. I have never been a rewards member with them, but signed up this weekend and plan on being back to the chain! I was so disappointed rooms were booked for the next time we were to be in town.
Thank you so much Hyatt for a great stay!!

Dear cdmas93,

Thank you for the very informative review!!! We appreciate all of the kind words you had to say about the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our online check-in and kiosks. Thank you for the recommendation for our maintenance team; it will be very helpful moving forward. I am thrilled with your decision on becoming a Hyatt Gold Passport Member! Keep checking back online to see if any rooms have become available for your next visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Hyatt Regency in downtown Indianapolis is at a great location...within walking distance to many of the downtown activities, with no shortage of things to do and places to eat! While my stay here was very good overall, the location definitely is a positive in the hotel's favor!

The Hyatt is part of a larger office complex, so there is a LOT of pedestrian traffic in the downstairs "lobby" area (don't think of a traditional lobby...this is much more like the lower level of an office or retail complex!). The first three floors are retail and meeting room space, with the rooms starting on the sixth floor.

Overall, the rooms were very comfortable, very well-updated, and well-appointed for business travelling needs. My room itself was very oddly laid out, but that was mainly because I was at one of the "corners" of the triangularly shaped hotel. The bed was comfortable, with enough pillows of different firmness to allow for two good nights of sleep. The staff across the board was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Logansport, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was in Indianapolis for a 3-day conference in August. We were housed in the hotel for not only accomodations, but for the conference as well. The facilities are wonderful. We were fed 5 meals; breakfat and lunch, and all were good. The rooms were very nice. The only downside was that my room turned out to be a corner room, with no window to the outside, which made it quite dark. Make sure that you ask for a room with a view!

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask for a room with an outside view. Corner rooms do not have outside views
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear joebaseball71359,

We appreciate the 5 Star review! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and the meals provided. We hope to see you again at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis for your next conference!

In
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Recently my daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Indianapolis. She was there for a seminar, I came for R&R. Parking is very confusing but they did validate, I am sure it was because of my daughter's event. The rooms are so SMALL, and they do not use fitted sheets. Even the Wyndham group uses fitted sheets. No maid service for 2 days, I did catch housekeeping in the hall and changed out the towels. The desk personnel was pleasant and helpful and location is prime. Lots of restaurants and activities to do. If I would pick a hotel in Indy it would not be the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Facing north, you get a view of the city.
Green Features: They save on water since they do not change sheets often.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Indianapolis? Share your experiences!