Just returned from a one night stay for my daughters college orientation. Great location in the city (EXCEPTIONAL LOCATION EXCEPT HAD TO WALK TO IUPUI). NO SHUTTLE.
FOOD- There are dozens of restaurants within 3 blocks in any direction and of any food variety. DO NOT EAT AT THE HOTEL (there are many restaurants in the hotel that are very expensive and microwave dinner quality). NOTE- ROOM SERVICE- Avoid if possible. Yes its expensive as expected but that isnt the issue. The food was bland, my meal came with a salad. I got the dressing but not the salad. I tried to call to ask for assistance but we waited so long they closed after we started eating.
LOCATION- There are many activities nearby,these are WALKABLE: State Capitol is next door, the Repertory Theatre is across the street, the Convention Center is a few blocks away as is Victory Field and The Eiteljorg Museum.
There are a few attractions MOST people can walk to (about a half mile away)-- Conseco Field House, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana State Museum, White River State Park, Lucas Oil Stadium. In addition the Indianapolis Zoo is 0.8 mile away.
HOTEL- Decor was modern and visually stimulating. Lobby and public areas clean, modern, and well designed. Exterior grounds impeccably clean. Hotel room on the smaller side but well used space. Climate control was exceptional. Room was very clean and creatively designed. THE BED AND PILLOWS AND LINENS ARE AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE--I TRAVEL ALOT AND HAD THE BEST NIGHT SLEEP IN MANY MONTHS. VIEW- our view of the city skyline was simply incredible. SAFE AREA. HALLWAYS QUIET.
WI-FI had 2 options--FREE (which is sadly slow and not becoming of the Hyatt brand) $5 for high-speed access-- Really Hyatt? Is that $5 bucks that nickels and dimes your patrons worth diluting your reputation?
Parking is very expensive ($35 a day) which is higher than typical for Downtown City parking in the MidWest. The parking staff were very nice, prompt, and respectful.
Front desk staff were welcoming and informative. Quick check in even though I do not have Platinum status like I have with other chains.
A mini-fridge is provided. There was also a pool and business center but I didnt use either one.
OVERALL- I WISH COLLEGE WAS NOT SO EXPENSIVE--I WOULD LOVE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL WITH MY 2 TEENAGERS AND EXPLORE THE CITY--IT IS A VERY NICE PLACE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated downtown hotel with a soaring 20 story atrium and vibrant, contemporary decor. 497 renovated guest rooms with high speed Internet access and clean, modern design compliment 25,000 square feet of meeting space with T1 high speed Internet access. Guest rooms feature luxurious bedding, marble bathrooms, large workstation with ample lighting, ergonomic seating, two dual line phones, refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons & boards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Indianapolis