“BEAUTIFUL GREAT LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

You added Hyatt Regency Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #27 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“BEAUTIFUL GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was absolutely awesome. The entire staff was just so pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. The location is very convenient. Walking distance to everything, close to highway and very quick drive to airport. I can't wait to return this weekend.

• Stayed March 2014
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Mrjrid1301,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! I am happy to hear that you had a great stay and were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again.
Keith Spinden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Columbia City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our first stay at the Hyatt Regency in Indy. It was fantastic from the beginning. We used the valet service for our car, this is a little pricey but they all are in downtown Indy. Check in was easy and quick, a short line but that's expected just after 3:00. When we were told we were on the 20th floor, I was a bit nervous having read previous complaints about the elevators, but we had no issues with the elevators at all. Our room was very nice and updated, super clean in all areas. We got the breakfast package with our room, it was a very nice hot buffet. When it was time to leave we called the valet from our room to tell them we were ready for our car. We checked out at the front desk quickly and our car was already waiting on us. We had not one complaint with the hotel or staff during our stay. One issue we did have was with downtown Indy restaurants. We went for a concert, so we left the fieldhouse after 11. We could only find 1 restaurant/bar still serving food and that was steakNshake and they had a line going outside. I wasn't expecting all the restaurants to be open but at least a few more bars that would still be serving food. We weren't the only ones with this issue either. I would think that on a Saturday night when there is a later event happening the restaurants would want to take advantage of this. I'm guessing there were some that were still serving food but we just didn't find them.

Room Tip: Room 2012 has a partial view of Lucas Oil Stadium
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenn_W_777,
I was so glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your visit with us! I too am surprised to hear that you had a difficult time finding food at that time. Level One, our lobby lounge serves food until midnight on Saturdays. Thanks for all of your kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Wasilla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

A business partner and I went to a conference in Indianapolis. Through no particular process we chose the Hyatt Regency for the place to stay. I was a great choice.

The check-in was very efficient and quick; the lobby very comfortable; and the room was quite adequate. We have no complaints on any of those. We were 'short' a couple of (toiletry) items, called the desk and they were brought up to the room almost immediately.

The hotel location is ideal for conferences in the center of town and, for those who have not experienced it yet (it was a first for us too) there are interconnecting walkways that tie most of the hotels, a large mall, parking garages and other facilities together. It was not necessary to go outside unless you wanted to go to a restaurant that was only accessible from the ground floor. Many good places to eat were accessible through the rabbit-warren of bridges and halls.

I liked that they had an adequate workout club, small but usable pool, and hot tub.

With glass-elevators and 20 floors the trip up to the room is awesome all by itself. You could have built a smaller hotel within the cavernous open area that was the lobby.

We didn't try the bar but ate at the One South restaurant (see review) and Subway - both right off the lobby.

I'll be going back there if I go to the conference next year. It was a great place to stay.

Dear Daniel T,
Thanks so much for writing a great review! It sounds as if you had a great stay and got to enjoy our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Please come stay with us in the not so distant future.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week for a convention. I booked via the convention website and got a great rate of $169 per night. I checked in on line on the website site, the day before arrival. I got an email the day of my check in stating my room was ready. Upon arrival all I had to do was walk up to a kiosk and scan the barcode I received on an email from the hotel and my room key was shot out of the bottom like an ATM.

It was very nice to just walk up grab a key and head to the room after a long day of travel. The room was nice, well appointed and a nice comfy bed. I went out for a run Tuesday morning in the snowy weather. I came back up to the room looking to take a hot shower. The water was freezing and would not warm up.

I called downstairs, they sent out engineering and they checked it out. Realized it was going to take a long time to fix. They offered me a new room and set me on my way.

In received a phone call and email during my stay apologizing for the problem. They also gave me a credit for my stay. It was great to see the high level of customer service. It was a great hotel stay and I will stay there again next year.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear ledieff,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! Although you had an issue with your water temperature, I am glad to hear we were prompt in our follow up and you were satisfied with the way it was solved. We look forward to welcoming you back for the your conference next year!
Kind Regards,
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Upon checkout, we were asked by the desk clerk, what would have made our stay better. We really couldn't think of anything. Our room was nice, it was clean, noticeably updated. The hotel's location was great and walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. Being attached to the Circle Centre Mall wasn't bad either. Overall we had a nice stay. I would say though that if you fill up a glass of water with the sink faucet, it's very cloudy and I would say not drinkable. Would have been nice to have access to filtered water after a night of drinking. Just sayin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Schererville, Indiana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hyatt Regency in Indy from valet thru check-in and remainder of stay was up to the standards you expect from the Hyatt name. From the time this hotel opened in the 70's to today it has
consistently been one of the best values in Indy for the business traveler. Early morning meeting complimentary coffee in room, WSJ at the door, refrigerator for cold drinks or Starbucks in the lobby it's all good! Excellent lobby bar for casual meetings or conferences.
All personnel know their jobs and are happy to see and serve you!
Central to all downtown (shopping, business) and governmental offices.

Chehalis, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travel extensively, spent my whole life in the hospitality industry and am a Hyatt Platinum member. I have stayed and could have stayed in other competing properties, but chose Hyatt because of the standard of excellence I have found in their properties. This was very disappointing. The bath was plugged and there were no towels in the room. Unacceptable. I am staying here with several colleagues for the Pumper & Cleaner Environmental Expo. At 11:30 in the morning there was no one at the VIP desk with more than 5 of us in line. Again, unacceptable.

Dear Tina G,
I’m sorry to hear about your recent stay. I would however like to have more information so that I could follow up appropriately with you. Please email me directly at qualityindri@hyatt.com.
Keith Spinden

Been to Hyatt Regency Indianapolis? Share your experiences!