“Night out with no kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

You added Hyatt Regency Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Danville, Indiana
“Night out with no kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Clean friendly staff. Wifi could use a post. Great location, within walking distance of everything. Great value for a suite on the top floor. We look forward to staying again soon. The subway in the lobby had a strong smell and not many access doors open after hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jake L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and our prime location in the center of downtown Indianapolis. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for a convention. I loved the location of the hotel. It is right in the middle of the city and I could walk everywhere. It was very convient to the convention center.

The service was very friendly and my room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great.

NOTE: Valet parking is $30.00 a day. Self park at the hotel is $22.00. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND valet parking. The problem with self parking is: if you have to leave the parking structure for any reason, you will end up paying more than $30.00. Plus, the self parking is very confusing and hard to get around. You are better off Valet Parking.

NOTE: The elevators are very slow. One was always broke while we were there. One member of our party was trapped on the 10th floor with the elevator full for an hour. It took and emergency crew to get them out.

Location, service and cleanliness were great. They need to fix the elevator problem.

Room Tip: Note: A lower level room. Elevators are very slow.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear JeffreyTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is not the elevator service we wish to provide. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our prime location in the center of downtown Indianapolis. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying here for the night and having a Sports conference at the hotel.

Hotel front desk and concierge were very helpful and friendly..

Circle centre mall is connected via sky bridge from hotel..

Room was decent size and furnishings were fresh...

Would stay again

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear caneshockey31,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, near Circle Centre Mall. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a good experience but the wifi needs beefing up! Kept losing it when watching movie by streaming on Netflix.
Staff was friendly rooms were good, food just ok
I like the new modern room arrangements

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sadiemyprettylady,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very pleased with the newly remodeled rooms at The Hyatt Regency downtown Indy. It doesn't look like anything special from the lobby but the rooms are trendy and comfortable. The guy at valet was even nice enough to tell us to ask for the $5 any where cab which only charges $5 to take you any where downtown. Good to know.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nsvetor,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and that our valet staff was able to assist you. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had reserved this hotel through Hotwire for me and my fiancé for our 5 year anniversary we stayed for two nights. When I reserved the hotel I was told I would b getting a room with two double beds and I asked if I could upgrade to a room with a king size bed because I didn't need two beds and I would pay the difference needless to say no one I talked to wanted to help with that they would just tell me that they can put on there that I want a king bed but it will depend on what they have available when I arrive (I booked a little over a month in advance). When I did arrive to check in the lady that helped me didn't evn seem like she wanted to help me she seemed like she was in a hurry and didn't care what I wanted and when I asked if. They had a room with a king bed I could upgrade to she didn't evn look up if they did she just said "no your going to have to be fine with what you have". So we get our keys and head to our room wich was very nice. Not what I wanted but very clean and nice. When I went to watch television we were only given a few channels to choose from unless we wanted to pay ten dollars to connect to the Internet to get more channels we didn't evn recieve good quality picture it was very grainy and terrible sound the hdmi cable was not evn hooked up and our remote didn't evn work properly. After doing all this we went to the mall wich was really nice that we didn't have to walk out side at all to get to places to shop. But when we were done with shopping we went back to our room to find something to eat we were going to order room service but the prices were outrageous for a grilled chicken club it was going to cost me 13.00 dollars not including a drink or my fiances meal so we went out side the hotel to get food.

The next day we woke up and called down to the front desk to see if we got a complementary breakfast with our stay and they said no we had to pay for our breakfast (every hotel I have stayed at has bad complimentary breakfast except this one) so yet again we had to spend more money going out to get food outside the hotel. After breakfast we wanted to go back to our room and spend the day just relaxing and watching movies. Well we couldn't watch movies because we didn't have a DVD player provided to us and the movies u could rent on the television were 18.00 dollars a movie wich was rediculous. So then we had to go out side the room that we already paid a good amount of money for to find something else to do wich ended up with us spending yet more money. After our day out we came back to the room and decided we wanted to drink a little since it was our anniversary so we looked to see what room service had to offer bad idea todo that because just for a bottle of captain Morgan rum it was going to cost us 145 dollars so we had to leave our room yet again to go get alcohol wich we went to cvs. And paid 20 bucks for the same bottle of captain that the hotel was trying to charge us 145 for.

The day we checked out and started leaving we had to pay 44 dollars to just get out of the parking garage.

I get that things are going to be more exspensive in Indy and that there are going to be a few things that we are t going to like but this was ridiculous.

So overall I was not satisfied with this hotel AT ALL not only was I in a room I didn't evn want but the air conditioning didn't work properly and evn tho we had our privacy sign on the door the employees didn't care house keeping knocked on our door and so did engineering and if they weren't knocking they were calling. I feel like this hotel just wants ur money and doesn't really care about their customers. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and I deffiently won't be back any time soon.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Akwijp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay as this is not the level of service we strive to provide. We appreciate your feedback.

Auburn, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great hotel, great restaurants, great amenities, helpful staff. This venue was ideal for a multi- day convention. Will definitely be back for business. Would be great for a weekend getaway as well! Within walking distance to sporting and shopping.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear 440mary14,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again for a weekend getaway.

Brian Comes

Been to Hyatt Regency Indianapolis? Share your experiences!