“Beautiful facility” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

You added Hyatt Regency Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful location with easy walkway access to the Circle Center Mall food court. The facility was clean and the staff was great. Out only complaint would be the quality of rest! We slept very little and often woke with headaches. Otherwise it was an enjoyable week!

• Stayed January 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Younginitiative,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our prime location in the center of downtown Indianapolis. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice convenient location in the center of Indy. Quiet large rooms friendly staff. I found the staff to be very accommodating to my needs. I will be back. It is near the canal where it nice for a run or just a little stroll down the canal to enjoy yet city view.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Flyboydtw,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was so hospitable and that you were able to enjoy our prime location near the canal. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel was very good to us and our schedule. We were able to check out late and the maids did not come knocking at the door. We were greeted with smiles and they answered every question. The hotel has a great swimming pool and hot tub. The fitness facility is unlike any I have seen. Each cardio machine has individual tv's. Free weights, weight machines, towels, water, and fold towels are all available.
We will deffinately stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Moo_bir,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff greeted you with authentic hospitality and that you enjoyed our fitness center. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Best Regard,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on top of things. The individuals in valet parking, front desk, room service, and house keeping were all very nice and friendly. The room was amazing and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Christopher R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with authentic hospitality. Please come back to stay with us again soon.

Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here New Years Eve. We received an email saying we could arrive at 12:00 pm and check in early, the room was ready. We got to the hotel at 230, waited in the long line to check-in only to find out that our room wasn't ready, we could wait in the lobby and someone would call me on my cell phone, however when we did receive our call we'd have to get back in line and wait again. We waited in the lobby well over an hour and decided to jump back in line and find out what was taking so long. We got back up to the service desk and was advised that the room was in fact ready. I explained to the worker that no one had called and I had been waiting in the lobby for well over an hour. She apologized and quickly got us on our way. The room was clean and had a great view. The New Years Eve Bash was fantastic. The entertainment and food was terrific! I would highly recommend going to the New Years Eve festivities. I'm just very disappointed in the hotel. I received an email response from management last night who informed me the hotel room was ready the entire time, and wasn't sure why we were told it wasn't.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Heather B,

Thank you for taking the time and for your recent stay with us this New Year’s Eve. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is not the service we wish to provide. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that you do come back and stay with us again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We made arrangements to stay 3 nights at the Indianapolis Hyatt Regency for a Colts Football game and for their New Years Eve Party....We have stayed at the JW Marriott, Indianapolis previously multiple times and decided to try something different...We were not disappointed and very pleased. Wonderful rooms, very clean, relaxed atmosphere and a very pleasant staff were several of the positive characteristics of this hotel. The New Years Eve Party was well organized, well managed, very secure and just a heck of a lot of fun. The hyatt Regency is is an outstanding location and makes it easy to get around town especially with the use of the stadium tunnel and sky walks that make the shopping mall and local places to eat very accessible! We travel alot and have been at some of the best hotels throughout the country and world and for whatever reasons, we really liked this hotel and the staff that made this a great experience. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: If you like a view...higher up is better, although you may pay a little more....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear philfromdayton,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our New Year’s Eve Party and our prime location near Lucas Oil Stadium. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with our staff! Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I just expected more. I walked through the front door and the greeters completely missed my son and I. Checked in with no problem and had a pretty good stay with the following complaints. No concierge or anyone who could point me in the right direction when I needed. Only one clerk at desk during the most critical time, early Monday morning after a Sunday NFL game--go figure?? Despite the privacy hang tag, the maid entered my room. I had to knock on the staff only door to get someone to check me out and call a cab on Monday morning. Additionally, my entire party was checked out a day early for no apparent reason. The male lobby restrooms had 2 of 2 broken urinals. Lastly, my son inadvertently left the room door ajar for maybe 2 minutes and security guard met me at the door as I was closing it only to tell me that was a security violation. I'm not sure if he even knew how to spell security, but I am sure he does not know that most hotels have moved away from the antiquated anti-theft latch used my this hotel; and he was right, Hyatt committed a security violation. It's a really nice hotel but the manager probable does not have a clue about his/her failure to meet basic customer needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear psharpton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is not the standard of service we wish to provide. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Brian Comes

Been to Hyatt Regency Indianapolis? Share your experiences!