Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Oct. 15 & 16, 2011.
The hotel is going through a top to bottom renovation. The top four floors are finished and floors 16-12 are closed for renovation at this time.
We stayed on the 11th floor while some friends stayed on the "new" 20th floor. Our old room was still nice and clean, spacious and comfortable. There was no real control of the room temperature, only the fan. (We like to sleep at 65, not happenening here.) The tub / shower was nice. There is no vent fan in the bathroom. The rooms are all adjoining and at 8:30am someone from the room connected to ours tried very hard to come into our room. This woke me from what was otherwise a very good nights sleep. The bed was comfortable and sheets nice with a high thread count. The room had a large flat screen TV with a fair number of channels. Our friend's "new" room only had a walk-in shower, no tub. The power went out to half their room, and there was no phone service. I guess they still have to work out the bugs.
Overall the hotel was nice and clean with an excellent location. Downtown Indianapolis is beautiful with lots of shops and restaurants. Be forewarned, there is a bunch of major construction going on on several streets downtown. A lot of detours and closed sidewalks. It will be really nice when all the construction is finished for the Super Bowl.
There are numerous nice hotels downtown and I'd compare prices. The Hyatt was pricy for what we got, but the wedding reception we attended was held in one of the hotel ballrooms.
I will say the food served at the reception was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated downtown hotel with a soaring 20 story atrium and vibrant, contemporary decor. 497 renovated guest rooms with high speed Internet access and clean, modern design compliment 25,000 square feet of meeting space with T1 high speed Internet access. Guest rooms feature luxurious bedding, marble bathrooms, large workstation with ample lighting, ergonomic seating, two dual line phones, refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons & boards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Indianapolis