Service was outstanding from the moment we pulled up. We were quickly greeted by the valet staff whom helped us get our bikes out of the back of our SUV as well as grab our bags. They checked our bikes into storage before we even got checked-in, which was nice b/c we didn't have to keep them in our 3rd floor room. Check-in was painless and we were given a free drink coupon and a 15% off coupon for the hotel's restaurant, which was pretty tasty. We were able to check in hours ahead of schedule and given a 2 p.m. checkout.
+Closest hotel to Lucas Oil Stadium, which has $7/adult tours on Tues. & Wed.
+Walking distance to everything, but for those who need rides, the shuttle (if available) will transport you around town. They dropped us off at the Indians game and left us with a card to call for pickup.
+Decent indoor pool
+Computers/printer for public use and free wi-fi in the room
- Jacuzzi was down during our stay. Apparently they were waiting for parts ???
-Lack of HDTV in rooms. They have the old box tvs of yesteryear.
-If you are an extremely light sleeper the vibrations/noise from the trains passing may bother you. It didn't me though.
-$25/night Parking for valet which will soon be $27. Self park with no in/out doesn't save much $ though so valet is the way to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places and located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station is 'housed within America's first Union Station.' Our hotel s downtown Indianapolis location is ideal. We re just steps away from both the Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts & convenient to Bankers Life, home of the Pacers, Circle Centre Mall, The Indianapolis Zoo & White River Gardens, The Eiteljorg Museum, Indianapolis Motor Speedway & Hall of Fame Museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, The Children s Museum & downtown nightlife. Our Romanesque revival-style hotel features 273 guestrooms, Pullman's Restaurant & Lounge and over 50,000 sq ft of meeting space. We're best known for our 26 authentic Pullman traincar guestrooms named after prominent personalities from the early 1900's. Another popular feature of the hotel is the white fiberglass ghost travelers dressed in period clothing, and still lovingly haunting the premises. Our hotel is still an active train station, which enhances its ambiance and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station) Hotel Indianapolis