“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #63 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
New Bremen, Ohio, United States
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel was very clean and very comfortable. Our room faced the airport which did allow us to hear the large jets landing in the middle of the night. If you are a light sleeper, request a room that does not face the airport. Since cleanliness and comfort is what is important to me, I would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you should request a room that is not facing the airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janel S
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for writing. Some of our guest's prefer to face the airport so that they can watch the planes, other guest's prefer a room facing inside. We are more than happy to accomodate you. If you would like to call us we would be happy to note your preferences on your account.

Renee

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Came into Indy for race weekend and wanted a comfortable and convenient place for a single traveler. This hotel was perfect for me. Beautiful and clean room. Felt very comfortable and safe there. Had meals in the restaurant and via room service with no complaints. Close to airport and right off the freeway. Although the hotel is very quiet, it is in the landing pattern to the airport, so there is some airplane noise. But I plan on coming back to this hotel whenever in Indianapolis.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

We are very excited to see that the hotel was perfect for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. Our entire team loves reviews that let us know our guest's will return. Everyone will be happy to see this.

Thanks!
Cincy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed the night prior to flying out of IND for vacation. The room was very clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful in providing local Pizza delivery options. Our room allowed for viewing of incoming airplanes which was cool. Even with the close proximity to the airport our sleep was not bothered.
This will definitely be my "go to" hotel when flying out of IND.

Room Tip: Executive Level floor is nice for light snacks and beverages.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello,

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us to be your "go to" hotel when flying in and out! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a standard king bed room, which was clean and perfectly acceptable. Not outstanding, but certainly what you would expect. Nice bar/restaurant area with very friendly staff. The pulled pork sandwich was better than I expected. I did not have any issues with hearing planes. The room was very quiet. I would certainly consider staying again on a future visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I do hope you will stay with us in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this gem by the airport. Newly renovated lobby and the room was excellent and modern in every way. Even ad an Indy car in the lobby the night I stayed! I was only there a few hours as I had to leave very early after arriving very late, but I'd stay here anytime the need arose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

The staff enjoyed reading your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write. We are very happy to see that you will stay with us in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

As I parked in the lot, an airplane flew RIGHT OVER the top of the hotel. OK, I understand its an airport hotel, but right in the landing path yards from the runway? Good news was I didn't hear planes inside AND they have earplugs available with the shampoo. Woman at the check in desk was obviously new, so she can be excused for the less than efficient check in as well as sending me to the wrong area in the hotel to find my room. Got to the room (finally) and the doorknob was broken. Got a great rate though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jeffrey L,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about our hotel. It is pleasing to know that our rates worked suitably for your needs. However, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the issues encountered with the doorknob and level of service received. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to management to consider for upgrades needed. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Silverdale, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Some friends and my husband and I stopped for a night here on our way home from a music festival a few days ago. We had been on the road all day and were looking for a decent place to crash. This hotel fit the bill. Check in went smoothly, free parking was excellent. The rooms were nice. We had been camping for 4 nights, so the shower felt heavenly, as did the bed! We arrived right at the tail end of room service hours, so I asked someone at the front desk if they had options for pizza delivery places in the area, and the person I talked to was kind enough to run up to the room with a few brochures. We were exhausted and really appreciated that. The only issues we encountered were that the ice machine on our floor was not working, but my husband went down one floor and got ice, so that really was no problem. I heard that the elevator was out after we got to our room and in the morning, but by the time we checked out, it was working again. Being an airport hotel, yes, we did hear planes overhead. Really, though, it only lasted about 3 seconds each time and certainly did not cause us to lose any sleep. The hotel provides earplugs, in case you need them. The aromatherapy set that was on the bed when we arrived was a nice touch. All in all, it was a very comfortable stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again if I were passing through Indy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi,

Our team enjoyed reading your review. We are happy to see that everything went well and that you will consider returning. We hope you enjoyed the music festival and we look forward to welcoming you back.