“Comfortable Stay with Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Comfortable Stay with Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a standard king bed room, which was clean and perfectly acceptable. Not outstanding, but certainly what you would expect. Nice bar/restaurant area with very friendly staff. The pulled pork sandwich was better than I expected. I did not have any issues with hearing planes. The room was very quiet. I would certainly consider staying again on a future visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I do hope you will stay with us in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this gem by the airport. Newly renovated lobby and the room was excellent and modern in every way. Even ad an Indy car in the lobby the night I stayed! I was only there a few hours as I had to leave very early after arriving very late, but I'd stay here anytime the need arose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

The staff enjoyed reading your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write. We are very happy to see that you will stay with us in the future!
Yardley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

As I parked in the lot, an airplane flew RIGHT OVER the top of the hotel. OK, I understand its an airport hotel, but right in the landing path yards from the runway? Good news was I didn't hear planes inside AND they have earplugs available with the shampoo. Woman at the check in desk was obviously new, so she can be excused for the less than efficient check in as well as sending me to the wrong area in the hotel to find my room. Got to the room (finally) and the doorknob was broken. Got a great rate though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jeffrey L,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about our hotel. It is pleasing to know that our rates worked suitably for your needs. However, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the issues encountered with the doorknob and level of service received. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to management to consider for upgrades needed. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Some friends and my husband and I stopped for a night here on our way home from a music festival a few days ago. We had been on the road all day and were looking for a decent place to crash. This hotel fit the bill. Check in went smoothly, free parking was excellent. The rooms were nice. We had been camping for 4 nights, so the shower felt heavenly, as did the bed! We arrived right at the tail end of room service hours, so I asked someone at the front desk if they had options for pizza delivery places in the area, and the person I talked to was kind enough to run up to the room with a few brochures. We were exhausted and really appreciated that. The only issues we encountered were that the ice machine on our floor was not working, but my husband went down one floor and got ice, so that really was no problem. I heard that the elevator was out after we got to our room and in the morning, but by the time we checked out, it was working again. Being an airport hotel, yes, we did hear planes overhead. Really, though, it only lasted about 3 seconds each time and certainly did not cause us to lose any sleep. The hotel provides earplugs, in case you need them. The aromatherapy set that was on the bed when we arrived was a nice touch. All in all, it was a very comfortable stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again if I were passing through Indy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi,

Our team enjoyed reading your review. We are happy to see that everything went well and that you will consider returning. We hope you enjoyed the music festival and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Due to flight cancellation, AA put me up at the Crown Plaza. Room was fine. I was on the first level, with no outside window ... Just a sliding glass door to an inside courtyard. I assume they save their worst rooms for distressed passengers. They offer complimentary airport shuttle on the hour and half hour. Front desk was adamant about being in the lobby 5 minutes before shuttle departure because the shuttle leaves promptly at the top of the hour. It was late. We left at 8:10. Decent place for one night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your room. If you are in Indy again we hope you will consider staying with us. Please feel free to let our front desk know your room preferences, we are happy to accomodate our guests.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been staying at your hotel at the 20 of april up till the 29. The service was poor. And the main problem is that i am still waiting for the deposit the hotel has charged me, i have paid using my credit card, and there should have been no problems in my opinion. Calling your hotel have bot brought any result. Staff has not helped me in any way of solving my problem. And I would not recommend any one to stay i this hotel, due that they could not solve such a simple problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear John R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about the unsatisfactory level of service you have experienced. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here one night on a cross country trip and to be close to the highway--big mistake. The modern room was clean and comfortable. However, the noise from the planes landing and taking off plus the highway hum was pretty bad. The lobby and open areas are done in an industrial style which at first I liked. The Landing Bar was OK for drinks and a pizza (we were starving with few choices in the immediate area), but the bar staff was slow. Front desk staff were not very welcoming. Somehow I don't think we got the full "Crowne Plaza" experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your review. I'm very disappointed to see that the Landing and the front desk staff let you down. We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an outstanding experience. It seems that we didn't make that happen for you. On behalf of the staff please accept my sincere apologies. We certainly want to earn your business back. If you would like to contact us directly you are welcome to do so.

Thanks again for letting us know how we did.

Renee

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!