“Will Have to do some work...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #59 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
S.W. Ohio
“Will Have to do some work...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visited Crown Plaza Indianapolis Airport for business and a little bit of relaxation. Had a long standing reservation which for the 3rd time was sold out from under me. Talking with Mgmt finally was placed in a better room at the same rate but it was sub-par. The fixtures were old and allot of the electrical sockets were worn out. The toilet kept backing up and had to be repaired. No handrails per ADA in the bathroom that was supposed to be handicapped. (I'm Disabled)

Had to ask for towels and washcloths due to the housekeeper not replacing them. FoodBe was decent, expensive not like other stays when food was better. Breakfast Buffet wasn't worth $11 more worth $3... Had one of the wait staff get an attitude with me because I sent something back.

Bed was hard, no refrigerator or microwave. I could have gone out of the loop for allot less if not for business and had a free breakfast and all the goodies.

The Hot Tub was cemented in due to an issue in the fall.. Don't know which type of problem but they still advertise that they have it.

Don't worry about the planes flying over... They're close but if your tired enough you'll sleep better when they start coming in at 4 a.m.

Mgmt after being informed straightened some items out but couldn't do others.

Room Tip: If you reserve this hotel in advance keep calling them direct to make sure they didn't raise the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have shared your review with the entire team and apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. I am glad to see that our management was able to solve some of the concerns. If you would like to call the hotel directly we would be happy to discuss the concerns that were not solved to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kendallville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here because we had a flight leaving early the next day and didn't want to have to get up and drive 3 hours before we had to catch our flight. We had pricelined the hotel but the staff at the front desk were very friendly when we checked in. We got our key and headed to the room but found they had gave us a king bed that we didn't notice when we checked in. We needed 2 beds so we headed back down to the front desk and they were more then happy to move us to a different room with 2 beds. Overall the place was very clean, beds were comfortable, and we had hot water to shower the next morning. It is about a 5 minute drive from here to the airport or they do offer a shuttle service to the airport. I would definitely stay here again if I had an early flight to catch

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

We are always happy to hear that our guests plan stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arriving on Monday and left on Wednesday morning. From the airport was easy; a courtesy bus runs 24/7 every half hour. Check in was quick and easy. My room was on the 4th floor while dated was clean, spacious, comfortable and very adequate. The wifi was a bit slow but free and reliable. Cab service to the hotel was very poor and there contract Cab Company never did show-up much to the distress of the desk staff. Overall, I would recommend this hotel; It is a decent value and with the exception of the problem with the cab service a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side from the airport quietest.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your review. Our front desk team let our management team know about what I assume was your experience with the cab company. We have addressed the situation with them and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are glad the rest of your stay was pleasant.
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I was in Indy on business for a couple of days, arriving on Sunday evening and leaving on Wednesday morning.
Collection from the airport was easy - a courtesy bus runs 24/7 every half hour.
I arrived at the hotel around 830 and check in was quick and easy. Krista on reception was very helpful and explained the hotel facilities to me.
My room was on the 4th floor and was extremely spacious, well furnished and, importantly, clean. Wifi access is complimentary and reliable.
I had access to the exec club lounge on the 5th floor which provides complimentary soft drinks all day snacks (nuts, crisps etc) plus a continental breakfast. I didn't get round to trying the breakfast. It also has a computer with Internet access and a printer.
Although there is no courtesy bus into the town the hotel does have a deal with a local cab company that will take you into town or bring you back for a flat fee of $15. Collect a business card before you go in.
There is quite a bit of parking for cars.
The only negative aspect to this hotel is that it is on the final approach flight path for the hotel which is used from around 8pm until midnight. however, this didn't cause me any problems but it might if you are a light sleeper. My room faced the road. There are other wings you could try but I don't know if these wold be any quieter.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. It represents good value and I will be staying here again when I am next in Indy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

It's always wonderful to hear that our guests will be coming back to stay with us! We share all of our reviews with the staff and Krista was very excited to hear you were happy with her service. Thanks again and we'll see you soon.
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spent a weekend staycation here on my own, all in all very pleased. I would rate as 3.5** if I could, not quite a 4. I've never stayed at an airport hotel so wasn't sure what to expect. I was given an nicely updated room, facing the front part of the hotel on the 3rd floor. The pictures online are an exact representation of the hotel & room. Clean and modern, free parking, indoor pool, was disappointed the tripadvisor info states there is a Jacuzzi, however there is not! It has been covered up, seems to be the case for quite some time, the info booklets also refer to the Jacuzzi, so that was a big let down. A couple of notes in regards to the pool 1. it is on the smallish side for the weekend family crowds, 2. the water temp is pleasant on the warmer side 3. the area is kept clean, saw them adding plenty of chlorine/chems in the evening 4. pool area did not have a restrooms in the immediate area so one needs to leave the gated pool area and trek to the public restrooms going through a public part of the hotel - I overheard a mom ask her son several times if he needed to use the restroom & to please not pee in the pool :( 5. did not like that there was an event taking place right outside the pool area (the atrium aka lobby) had to walk in my wet towels through a wedding area and another time through tables set up for a luncheon event just to use the restroom & then back again. I would have walked thru one of the back gates but could not get the gate to open. Not sure how the guests attending those events felt seeing swimmers trek thru the area they were utilizing in bathing suits & towels while they were all dressed up. So altho a creative use of the atrium I do not quite understand why the events did not take place in one of the many ball rooms. Luckily it was not my wedding/event being interrupted :) Pool is open until 9 pm, don't know if this was enforced or not. Overall a nice, clean & comfy hotel that offers shuttle service to the airport and approx. 10 min. drive to downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear cma d,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
RALEIGH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The access to the airport is convenient while the access to the major highways and downtown is convenient too! The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The cleanliness of the entire hotel is impeccable! Loved the service and attention to detail provided by all the staff I encountered during my stay! Nice lobby and eating area, very spacious! Will definitely stay again!

Statesville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent a week here - nice; very business friendly and good for the kids too (big pool). Usually stay downtown but that's being renovated for the next 3-4 months. Executive floor nice - while not attended, the evening munchies are good. Always easy to grab a cup of peanuts or some such - water, soda, juices too. Breakfast simple - nothing fancy but nice too (quick bagel, etc.). Loved the printer/scanner/fax they make available - the one time I needed it, there it was (I went out and bought one like it myself).

Service very accommodating - front desk folks very nice and bartenders great (if not a little too busy at times).

I'd highly recommend if working on the West side or simply a layover. Will stay again!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!